IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

I wouldn't be too concerned about that.

Anyone high on our target list we will already have spoken to them. SC will have already had his chance to sell the club to the targets. The beauty of having a DoF is that he'll be staying firmly back in BS3 conducting the business.

The cut-off point for Portugal is more to do with getting the players in to attend the training camp, not just to get the deal done. Business will continue with KB whilst SC is away.

The best and most informed poster on this forum speaking utter sense again, many of us me included will have egg on our faces in three weeks.....we will have a competitive squad by August 1st I'm sure....im worried but not as close to the club as a supporter as Harry, so I trust what he says above anyone else

Sheff weds seem to be going for it. Splashing some real cash around. Do they have a wealthy owner? Not sure where that all suddenly came from

Yep - taken over a few months ago. Seem to be searching through the foreign market more as it is better value for money. Although the owls have just signed Lewis Price as a back up 'keeper.

What part of burr and cotts saying our business won't be done until nearer the end of the window did you not understand?

Look, I'm really trying hard to see your point of view here, but do you honestly believe that Cotterill wouldn't have PREFERRED to sign new players by now? Do you really think it's likely that they have PLANNED this situation. Your slavish adherence to what little the club says is quite endearing, but potentially naive. What club would deliberately do all its business at the end of the window, when new players could be being embedded in the squad now, AS THEY WERE LAST SEASON? To reflect your comment, what part of Cotts saying our success last year was based on signing players early don't you understand?

The fact is that none of us, you, me, no one, really knows what is going on. So don't imply you have some inside knowledge, and put down genuine fans who have every right to be worried.

Look, I'm really trying hard to see your point of view here, but do you honestly believe that Cotterill wouldn't have PREFERRED to sign new players by now? Do you really think it's likely that they have PLANNED this situation. Your slavish adherence to what little the club says is quite endearing, but potentially naive. What club would deliberately do all its business at the end of the window, when new players could be being embedded in the squad now, AS THEY WERE LAST SEASON? To reflect your comment, what part of Cotts saying our success last year was based on signing players early don't you understand?

The fact is that none of us, you, me, no one, really knows what is going on. So don't imply you have some inside knowledge, and put down genuine fans who have every right to be worried.

I am feeling this way as well pragmatist, I would have thought with promotion virtually assured in April the list of targets and work to secure these targets would have started at that point. The fact no one has come in yet does concern me in the fact that has our transfer strategy gone tits up this summer. Have we failed to secure our primary targets and now desperately looking for like for like alternatives.

As I mentioned earlier I am more than happy to have egg on my face in a couple of weeks but I did genuinely think we would have seen two quality additions through the door by now.

Yes I would of but he said it wasn't going to happen if he says that then it won't happen he can magic signing out of thin air,

He is waiting for the right player or do you want him to rush in to things and end up with another 5 El abd's

Maybe we're pretty happy with the 'core' of the team, and are waiting things out; seeing how others move, and picking up players who will be deemed surplus at other clubs once new folks arrive, or even Premier League fringe players who might not make their clubs squads?

Might be we're looking to just augment not reshape the team.  It is a surprise that we've not added many, but then we've also lost comparatively few from a wildly successful team, so more than willing to wait and see what SC is doing.  

And has anyone considered how attractive an option we'll look to Premier League sides wanting to test out young/fringe players compared to many others with bulging-at-the-seams squads?  Any forward lent to us by say Arsenal, Southampton etc will likely start the season as a first choice or the very least on the bench, compared to say Will Keane at Preston where he has to displace others ahead of him who are contacted there, which is a factor that might aid us.

As I say; been a chance from last summer, but do think that with the addition of a forward to cover Agard's injury, we've got a first team that is tight knit and should be looking to be competitive at this level.  Don't think one or two quality players being added to the mix would hurt (the mention of Alan Judge was nice; an under-rated and on his day excellent player) but if this is the side we have come Sheffield Weds; bring them on, I say.

It seems we're focussing on buying defensive players, since loans in this area lead to inconsistency as we found out last time around. We've probably got enough good midfield players, and I reckon we'll be supplementing the strike force with a couple of quality loan signings which will have to be done late on.

It seems we're focussing on buying defensive players, since loans in this area lead to inconsistency as we found out last time around. We've probably got enough good midfield players, and I reckon we'll be supplementing the strike force with a couple of quality loan signings which will have to be done late on.

Some mentioned we aren't to far away from signing a striker, no idea who though

He is waiting for the right player or do you want him to rush in to things and end up with another 5 El abd's

You still fail to acknowledge the possibility that we have already made attempts to sign players so far and have failed. 

In any case your statement above doesn't make sense.  Surely he is more likely to make panic signings at the END of the transfer window, not at the beginning, if he has been unsuccessful in getting in the players he really wants.  Why would he rush into things early in the window?  The longer this goes on, the MORE likely panic signings are.

I hope you're right that this is all part of a strategy, but it may not be.

All well and good Samo but we wouldn't have more than 4 subs on that basis.

Sure, but as Monkeh says; we do have an U21 team, and perhaps part of the strategy this year is to use the very immediate connection we have now between them and the first team in the shape of Wade Elliot to more readily blood players from there.

It is something that has been talked about on here, and I for one hope that might see these lads used to bolster the bench and fill in in a pinch, rather than bringing in loans like Saville last year.

I don't for one moment think we'll do one business any way, but would not be massively displeased if we started the season with only Wilbs, Burns, a loanee and a academy kid available up front. At somepoint they need to play, and who knows; maybe we'll discover the next Burns via this process.

You still fail to acknowledge the possibility that we have already made attempts to sign players so far and have failed.

In any case your statement above doesn't make sense. Surely he is more likely to make panic signings at the END of the transfer window, not at the beginning, if he has been unsuccessful in getting in the players he really wants. Why would he rush into things early in the window? The longer this goes on, the MORE likely panic signings are.

You sir need a name change.

pragmatic

Meaning: dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations.

Young kids plucked out of under 21's and plunged straight into Championship football? I hope that's not our strategy

Giving young kids 10 minutes here or there while we are waiting for the right player does them know harm, that how Bryan started and has become a vital squad member

In any case your statement above doesn't make sense.  Surely he is more likely to make panic signings at the END of the transfer window, not at the beginning, if he has been unsuccessful in getting in the players he really wants.  Why would he rush into things early in the window?  The longer this goes on, the MORE likely panic signings are.

And you are failing to listen to what our manager and director of football are saying

Do you think they were joking when they said that the majority of our deals won't be done until the end of the window

What part of that do you not get? Can you understand it?

And you are failing to listen to what our manager and director of football are saying

Do you think they were joking when they said that the majority of our deals won't be done until the end of the window

What part of that do you not get? Can you understand it?

Although they said that last year as well, if I recall correctly.

We are not rushing into signings which is a good thing. I have to admit that this has made for a very boring pre season for a city fan but if that means we don't plummit ourselves into massive debt and ageing journeymen then I'm happy.

But as most posters have said management have previously warned of our signings being made late on. I think in an ideal world SC would have preferred deals to be wrapped up early but we don't live in this ideal world (especially in a competitive football environment)

Lets just see what happens and I'm sure well have a larger squad come 8th August.

It concerns me that we are not going to be signing our first choices.

Under a previous manager with initials SC, we ended up with Nicky Hunt, Damien Stewart, Kalifa Cisse and David James, only one of which was anything like a success, when resulting to last minute deals.

It concerns me that we are not going to be signing our first choices.

Under a previous manager with initials SC, we ended up with Nicky Hunt, Damien Stewart, Kalifa Cisse and David James, only one of which was anything like a success, when resulting to last minute deals.

Maybe we are waiting for our 1st choice targets to become available.

I'm a bit nervous about it all, but the transfer market here seems dead right now, I get that teams are bringing players in, but it just seems to be getting moving a little late this year

A bit odd, it's not like there is a World Cup or European Championship to slow it down either

I trust KB / SC to get it done though, but I would like to see one come in, in a position of need, sooner rather than later

Our team does not need major surgery. We smashed League One with a highly unified group of players.

We can afford to be picky and we are.

We are aiming for a higher class of player, involving some million pound fees changing hands. As a result there is bound to be a lot more negotiation than 12 months ago. It's going to require patience.

Some players that we want may not yet be available, eg Maguire. Later in the summer Hull may be more willing to sell once they've replaced him.

As i think it had been mentioned by the board, if plan 'A' does not come off, we have always got plan 'B'. So my question would be.... HAS plan 'A' failed? Or are we already into plan 'B', and looking to recruit are young loan players from the premier league? Or maybe were still doing a little bit of plan 'A' tied in mostly with plan 'B'!

Our team does not need major surgery. We smashed League One with a highly unified group of players.

We can afford to be picky and we are.

We are aiming for a higher class of player, involving some million pound fees changing hands. As a result there is bound to be a lot more negotiation than 12 months ago. It's going to require patience.

Some players that we want may not yet be available, eg Maguire. Later in the summer Hull may be more willing to sell once they've replaced him.

I think you're right. People are concerned as our squad is SO thin, but our best 11 is top half championship I think. We will bring players in, but as you say negotiations are more complicated with higher fees; I think it's a domino effect sometimes with these kind of deals.

Archived