IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Looks like it - can we change name to "Elokobi signs for Colchester" so it rightfully falls off page 1 and saves others wasting their time

Now you've laid the gauntlet for this to become another 'pun' thread.

I think Tom Lees would be a great signing.  Centre-half, can play at right back and has played a few times at U-21 level.

Trouble is we're up against Fulham, Hull and QPR who are also interested. The only way we can compete with those is to pay over the odds, but the Club's said they're not going to do that this time. We may have to look at up and coming players from lower down (as we did with Albert) and make up the numbers with youngsters from Prem clubs. We still have a good core from last season, I wonder if Cotts is regretting not making JET an offer?

We aren't pissing about kev we were told most of our business won't be done until the end of the window, why can't people get that?

Maybe because most other clubs are getting on with signing players and maybe because last year we identified targets and got them. This approach appears to allow the best signings to go to other clubs and take your pick at the end of what is left..

Some of you have no sense of humour !

I like the way no one has the Town halls to ask me questions directly !

Yes for all my life we've been the nearly men even when successful we got promoted in second place so last year when we blew everyone away i thought the poster name inappropriate for the bright new red dawn.

Trouble is we're up against Fulham, Hull and QPR who are also interested. The only way we can compete with those is to pay over the odds, but the Club's said they're not going to do that this time. We may have to look at up and coming players from lower down (as we did with Albert) and make up the numbers with youngsters from Prem clubs. We still have a good core from last season, I wonder if Cotts is regretting not making JET an offer?

Agree we've no chance with those clubs sniffing. Our best hope is he signs for Hull & they release Maguire to join us

What's the point in signing players I the jan window then? As they don't have time to gel,

He said it not because of the situation but because it's true we are bottom of the pecking order now,

I don't believe we're at the bottom of the pecking order at all.

For in demand Championship and above players, possibly, but I'd hope we're being far more canny in our endeavours than just that.

We should be looking to sign the next crop of the best young improvers from the lower divisions, and I'd hope we're searching earnestly for a few bargains from abroad as well.

Don't under rate the pulling power for players like these to sign for newly promoted Bristol City, and for these players our wages will be more than sufficient improvement on what they're getting now to entice them to AG, and the opportunity to join a comparatively small squad where they are likely to actually feature will also be in our favour.

I hate to think we're suddenly looking for expensive, highly waged players who already think they've 'made it' and may condescend to join little Bristol City if we pay them enough.

We need one or two experienced players of the right type but otherwise we don't need to get too involved in that market, it would be a backward step imo.

For in demand Championship and above players, possibly, but I'd hope we're being far more canny in our endeavours than just that.

We should be looking to sign the next crop of the best young improvers from the lower divisions, and I'd hope we're searching earnestly for a few bargains from abroad as well.

Don't under rate the pulling power for players like these to sign for newly promoted Bristol City, and for these players our wages will be more than sufficient improvement on what they're getting now to entice them to AG, and the opportunity to join a comparatively small squad where they are likely to actually feature will also be in our favour.

I hate to think we're suddenly looking for expensive, highly waged players who already think they've 'made it' and may condescend to join little Bristol City if we pay them enough.

We need one or two experienced players of the right type but otherwise we don't need to get too involved in that market, it would be a backward step imo.

totally agree

Just a bit annoying isn't it, not very funny and you have previous for misleading thread titles - maybe it's just me but I don't see the point.

Do i ? Misleading thread titles ? I'd like to see some that i've started .

Apart from the play on words there are many supporters who regretted how Elokobi got injured so early on in his first match for us .

He got stuck in and left the field like a real hero ,waving to the supporters despite his leg being at right angles to his body !

This is a news thread for those people who are interested in the player so not entirely a waste of time .

Still ,now you know , with the Major , you pays yer money and takes yer chance !

Do i ? Misleading thread titles ? I'd like to see some that i've started .

Apart from the play on words there are many supporters who regretted how Elokobi got injured so early on in his first match for us .

He got stuck in and left the field like a real hero ,waving to the supporters despite his leg being at right angles to his body !

This is a news thread for those people who are interested in the player so not entirely a waste of time .

Still ,now you know , with the Major , you pays yer money and takes yer chance !

Yep I distinctly remember one about Wade Elliot very similar.

Very well, I know which ones not to click on now!

Well said mate.

Archived