IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

I think you're right. People are concerned as our squad is SO thin, but our best 11 is top half championship I think. We will bring players in, but as you say negotiations are more complicated with higher fees; I think it's a domino effect sometimes with these kind of deals.

I agree with what your saying, i just don't think we are going to sign players for the sake of it, even though we do need to strengthen the squad, as has been stated by cotterill, i just don't see us signing players for the sake of it . I'm sure Steve will get the right players in over time, but this could be a process of building the squad up over the next couple of seasons, to then eventually push for greater things. All we need to do is compete this season, and be solid, and build things up gradually, with decent signings.

I think you're right. People are concerned as our squad is SO thin, but our best 11 is top half championship I think. We will bring players in, but as you say negotiations are more complicated with higher fees; I think it's a domino effect sometimes with these kind of deals.

I don't think Wilbs/Burns up front is the forward line of a top half championship team...

Other area's of the pitch yes, but worried about strikers to be honest.

Our team does not need major surgery. We smashed League One with a highly unified group of players.

We can afford to be picky and we are.

We are aiming for a higher class of player, involving some million pound fees changing hands. As a result there is bound to be a lot more negotiation than 12 months ago. It's going to require patience.

Some players that we want may not yet be available, eg Maguire. Later in the summer Hull may be more willing to sell once they've replaced him.

Totally agree, the panic on here is a great example of how easy it is for people to descend down the rabbit hole of negativity that so often happens.

We've got a great team! One more than worthy of holding its own in the championship that is already very bonded with a great team spirit. With the right choice of acquisition new players should slot into the club culture very smoothly (eg M Smith etc).

Completely different from last year, where the core of the team had been radically changed and the whole club was shifting direction from downwards to upwards trajectory. It's a lot easier for people to slot into a positive situation than a negative or unstable one.

And you are failing to listen to what our manager and director of football are saying

Do you think they were joking when they said that the majority of our deals won't be done until the end of the window

What part of that do you not get? Can you understand it?

I have listened to it, but I wonder why the statement was made.  I doubt that the club has a deliberate strategy to sign players late in the window and believe the club would prefer to sign players in time for pre-season.  How could Cotterill and Burt know months ago when deals would be done, or were they just softening us up in case of difficulties (it's certainly worked with you)?  I'd buy it if there were no deals being done in the Championship, but there are.

"If Comrade Napoleon says it, it must be right"

Totally agree, the panic on here is a great example of how easy it is for people to descend down the rabbit hole of negativity that so often happens.

We've got a great team! One more than worthy of holding its own in the championship that is already very bonded with a great team spirit. With the right choice of acquisition new players should slot into the club culture very smoothly (eg M Smith etc).

Completely different from last year, where the core of the team had been radically changed and the whole club was shifting direction from downwards to upwards trajectory. It's a lot easier for people to slot into a positive situation than a negative or unstable one.

I've not seen any panic, not once.  People are just concerned...

I've not seen any panic, not once. People are just concerned...

A number of people have stated that they are starting to worry or panic. Not judging anyone for it but it's a fact that it's a slippery slope and breeds negativity when people get carried away with it so worth keeping in check n

We're in a great position with a great group of players, the new additions will come. This is gonna be an exciting season to see what this team can really do.

Today the last day we will realistically see anything before they go to Portugal ? Don't really see the point of going on a preseason tour, where one of the main aims is to bond and integrate new players into the team, without any new players

The main aim is actually to get match fit

Today the last day we will realistically see anything before they go to Portugal ? Don't really see the point of going on a preseason tour, where one of the main aims is to bond and integrate new players into the team, without any new players

At the same time teams sign players in January and they are thrown straight into matches with their new team-mates, you can't always have the luxury we had last year. We will be fine, it is frustrating waiting for news but we aren't exactly in dire straits with a poor squad. The base of a very competitive team is there already, and I'm sure we will have a striker or two on board before the season starts.

It does seem pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things now, but it seems clubs most go to fancy places on pre season tours now.

At the same time teams sign players in January and they are thrown straight into matches with their new team-mates, you can't always have the luxury we had last year. We will be fine, it is frustrating waiting for news but we aren't exactly in dire straits with a poor squad. The base of a very competitive team is there already, and I'm sure we will have a striker or two on board before the season starts.

Wouldn't want anyone from Dire Straits think Mark Knopfler is a bit past it now :P

A number of people have stated that they are starting to worry or panic. Not judging anyone for it but it's a fact that it's a slippery slope and breeds negativity when people get carried away with it so worth keeping in check n

We're in a great position with a great group of players, the new additions will come. This is gonna be an exciting season to see what this team can really do.

Yes, I hope so too.  I admire your confidence.

The only team in the Premier League not to have made signings is Newcastle - wonder if their fans are panicking yet!

Despite what people say it is concerning that we haven't made any additions. If we pick up a couple of injuries during pre season or early league we are right up shit creek without a paddle.

I think we're all just worried that in the past, when we've dealt late in the market we've bought players that haven't either Been good enough or were not really needed!

Can we trust SC and KB to get this right? I'd like to think so but perhaps it's not about trusting them but rather considering the ability of the club to compete with established championship clubs for target signings.

Archived