IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Look, I'm really trying hard to see your point of view here, but do you honestly believe that Cotterill wouldn't have PREFERRED to sign new players by now? Do you really think it's likely that they have PLANNED this situation. Your slavish adherence to what little the club says is quite endearing, but potentially naive. What club would deliberately do all its business at the end of the window, when new players could be being embedded in the squad now, AS THEY WERE LAST SEASON? To reflect your comment, what part of Cotts saying our success last year was based on signing players early don't you understand?

The fact is that none of us, you, me, no one, really knows what is going on. So don't imply you have some inside knowledge, and put down genuine fans who have every right to be worried.

last season we were on of the biggest clubs in our division which makes attracting players easier this season we are mid lower to smallest so we have to be patient if we want to bring in our targets innit!!

What if we have actually signed players but not announced them. Obviously they'd be registered at the league headquaters but, we've already sold our season tickets and don't need to drum up business, so why let on to the opposition? Just a possible theory but one I don't really believe would happen, even though SC likes to keep things quiet and close to his chest. You never know, I've seen some strange people around central Bristol these last two weeks, especially Stokes Croft and the Council sorry, City Hall.

last season we were on of the biggest clubs in our division which makes attracting players easier this season we are mid lower to smallest so we have to be patient if we want to bring in our targets innit!!

Not really, while I agree its best to be patient regarding signings I dont buy this stature in the Championship thing.. we aren't the biggest club but we are certainly a better run (now anyway) club compared to the some of the washed 'giant' clubs like Leeds & Forest. There are good things at the club like the stadium revamp, training facilities etc. Also the good press we've had, the momentum and last years double winning season should mean that Cotterill and Burt are slling the club to potential targets which I am sure they would.

The only stumbling block I can see is acquiring these targets as clubs are jacking up prices, like Maguire and Lees if you believe the media reports.

I think someone just needs to shove Keith Burt or Cotterill on a camera and ask them questions about the transfer window, at least re assure fans that there's a few deals in the pipeline. Funnily enough last year Keith wasn't so camera shy..

Keith Burt, Cotts and Pemberton had a long chat after the game on the pitch.

When Cotts came over for photos a few asked him about transfers and he was very tight lipped.

We saw Pembo after walking to the coach - I said that Cotts seemed a bit quiet about transfers and he said 'it just takes time' and agreed that it was 'frustrating'.

He did finish off with 'don't worry that we'll get there'.

Not the most reliable source but my Uncle has just text me saying he had a client from london in this afternoon saying we're trying to sign Glenn Murray from Palace.

Take of it what you will but just thought I'd share what I've been told.

Not the most reliable source but my Uncle has just text me saying he had a client from london in this afternoon saying we're trying to sign Glenn Murray from Palace.

If only,

Not the most reliable source but my Uncle has just text me saying he had a client from london in this afternoon saying we're trying to sign Glenn Murray from Palace.

That would be a hell of a signing IMO.

Archived