IGNORED

Sheffield V Cheaty Swindon

Don't think we should be knocking Sheff Utd support, think they averaged 18k this season and had over 25k on Sunday and biggest away support.

Quite clearly don't think anyone did.

No it wasn't.  The player lost the use of his legs.  That's a yellow for simulation (cheating).

Disagree. It was a penalty and dreadful defending you might see in the school playground but Byrne did go down like a sack of sh1t, which is in keeping with the Swine's performance tonight.

Disagree. It was a penalty and dreadful defending you might see in the school playground but Byrne did go down like a sack of sh1t, which is in keeping with the Swine's performance tonight.

For which the ref is allowed to award a free kick to SU for simulation.  And Byrne ran at his leg.  Subtle, but he knows what he's doing.

Are you watching a different game? I hate Swindon as much as the next man. But it was a definite pen.

To be fair Fordy, from the view I had ( out of kitchen, down hall, right into front room)

It was never a penalty

;)

Agent Gladwin fulfilled his first assignment tho !

Tell you what I remain unconvinced on Bryne. Holds the ball for too long and his end product is often lacking in games I've seen, granted his goals/assists stats for the season are very good.

The stand out player for me is the boy from Iraq - Kasim. Great technical ability on the ball and rarely a misplaced pass.

It was a pen, but he made sure it was with a brilliant swan dive.

So the swan dive should go unpunished?  I thought we didn't like cheating.  If the ref thinks its a swan dive he should give a SU free kick - he is allowed to.

So the swan dive should go unpunished?  I thought we didn't like cheating.  If the ref thinks its a swan dive he should give a SU free kick - he is allowed to.

If there is a foul then you award a free-kick (penalty if in the box). If the player getting fouled makes a meal of it that doesn't change the fact it is a foul. Whilst none of us like to see players going down easily, that doesn't mean it wasn't a foul originally.

Archived