IGNORED

Memorial Gates sprayed again

Barrs Court Red

I can't get my head around this mindless, insulting vandalism. But what I can't understand either is why the morons think they are getting at Bristol Rovers by doing this. I always consider the gates being the rugby clubs gates, during the planning rows it has been stated several times it's the gates that are the memorial, not the ground.

my solution, leave the ground to the other football club and bring the gates over to Ashton Gate for the rugby club, where we could look after them and respect the memories thy represent.

3 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I know I might be being slightly naive here but what proof does anyone have that this was a city fan? Any Tom dick or Harry could have sprayed that. Until the culprit is found surely it's innocent until proven guilty?

You're right they could have, but wholly unlikely and even if, what does it really matter? 

Can't we all come together and just condemn what has happened? I won't get any more offended by being labelled along with the scum that did it any more than your average Rovers fan is offended by being labelled horse punchers, racist etc over the past 18 months. I am not offended because there is no general application to us BCFC fans and anyone who thinks otherwise ain't worth my concern anyway; they are without reason too. 

This shouldn't be about point scoring or bitching between fans. It should simply be about the criminals. 

2 minutes ago, clerk said:

Think about it............CSF are nationalists. They would never desecrate a British war memorial.

This is a blatant false flag attack. Rovers fans did this to make us look bad.

don't matter who did this......mike hunts of the highest order

the style of writing though does bear a resemblance to the prowed to be a gashead tickle

11 minutes ago, clerk said:

Think about it............CSF are nationalists. They would never desecrate a British war memorial.

This is a blatant false flag attack. Rovers fans did this to make us look bad.

No it's not, it's a blatant act of vandalism that has nothing to do whatsoever with whoever the vandals claim to support.

4 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

don't matter who did this......mike hunts of the highest order

the style of writing though does bear a resemblance to the prowed to be a gashead tickle

Hope they get caught so we can see if they're on our database or theirs.

2 minutes ago, clerk said:

Hope they get caught so we can see if they're on our database or theirs.

So what if they turn out to be City fans, who cares? Whoever did it is a bit of a *****, who they support is irrelevant. If someone is found guilty of murder, rape, burglary or whatever, does it matter what football team they support?

11 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Once the police have dealt with them can the club please ensure they are banned from AG for life please? 

I think we need a sense of perspective, they are not murderers, rapists, paedophiles they are almost certainly 15 year old lads, who have had too much Xmas Cider, not realized that the whole gate is a memorial and not just the plaque and done something really stupid that they thought at the time would be great banter. I think they should do some unpaid work for Rovers and City in the community as a punishment. I'm not excusing them for one minute by I don't think they are deserving of a lynch mob either.

14 minutes ago, 29AR said:

You're right they could have, but wholly unlikely and even if, what does it really matter? 

Can't we all come together and just condemn what has happened? I won't get any more offended by being labelled along with the scum that did it any more than your average Rovers fan is offended by being labelled horse punchers, racist etc over the past 18 months. I am not offended because there is no general application to us BCFC fans and anyone who thinks otherwise ain't worth my concern anyway; they are without reason too. 

This shouldn't be about point scoring or bitching between fans. It should simply be about the criminals. 

I agree and I'm not trying to point score ect and I totally agree with all your points. What has happened is totally unacceptable and at this time of year when everyone should be coming together. It shows the narrow-mindedness of some in our community. I hope whoever the culprit is they get a sentence and I'm glad to see city have said a lifetime ban will be put in place. 

My point was only that it's easy to blame city fans when there is a small possibility it wasn't.

2 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I think we need a sense of perspective, they are not murderers, rapists, paedophiles they are almost certainly 15 year old lads, who have had too much Xmas Cider, not realized that the whole gate is a memorial and not just the plaque and done something really stupid that they thought at the time would be great banter. I think they should do some unpaid work for Rovers and City in the community as a punishment. I'm not excusing them for one minute by I don't think they are deserving of a lynch mob either.

Yes I'd go along with that. It was an idiotic thing to do, but no one died.

23 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

Does it matter?

No it doesn't as far as almost anyone is concerned. Not in my name and not in the name of this football club. BCFC are sending out a huge message and I suspect may even be enticed to find a reward for the prosecution of those responsible. 

The gates are a memorial to the fallen Rugby players of the town and were a representation of a Rugby Club that now plays at Ashton Gate. I suspect SL and all at Bristol Sport are pretty pissed off right now!

7 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Who said anything about a lynch mob?

And even at 15 there is no way on earth I would have done anything of the sort. Whoever did it knew exactly what they were doing and who and why it would offend. 

2 hours ago, cynic said:

And one of the sick cretins is posting in this thread.

I won't mention his name as he obviously craves attention - but everyone knows who (and what) he is.

Looks like that particular cretin has been removed. He needs some help...

Name and shame then.

Until CCTV footage shows who it actually was then I think we should just calm it down a bit.

no offence meant, it's hard to grasp what I'm trying to say via a message board.

Stupid teenagers who don't give a toss about anything else and never think through their consequences.  This is nothing to do with City or Rovers, this is just about the actions of one or two idiots with barely a couple of brain cells between them.

Same sort of groups who are always smashing bus shelters around Stockwood.

If it was one of our "own" who did this I hope that they come to realise that not only is it a despicable act to trash a war memorial but that their intended aim to get one over on the gas has backfired spectacularly. Rovers will rightly get their gates cleaned for free, whereas our own reputation will be tarnished for years even with our efforts to put it right.

32 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I know I might be being slightly naive here but what proof does anyone have that this was a city fan? Any Tom dick or Harry could have sprayed that. Until the culprit is found surely it's innocent until proven guilty?

I think for the sake of dignity we have to take the blame, if it is proved to be a stitch up then we can react. But at the moment we are the undeniable culprits, by trying to work out of it makes us look worse.

I repeat, some of the comments on this forum directed at them goes beyond just football. If you want to point fingers, let us show some restraint too.

40 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The CSF graffiti is almost certainly a red herring. Even 12 year olds have heard of it so spraying that just means they`re wannabees. It would be no different to 12 year old Rovers fans spraying GHS despite having never had anything to do with it.

My money`s on a bunch of spotty ****** up, BCFC `associated` 15 year olds who think they`re being big and hard who did it in between terrorising old ladies going to the shops which is their normal level of courage.

Anyway, fair play to the club for getting it sorted and hopefully these morons will be caught and banned for life. As someone said above, banter`s fine and indeed healthy in a two club city but the vast majority of us, whether red or blue, know when to stop and this far exceeds any boundary.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was some spotty yoof/s from South Glos who 'support' Rovers thinking it would be funny.

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

I would think that they are just as likely to be youngsters who had their first sniff of the Christmas cider. I think that those from the 70's have more understanding of where to draw the line.

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

I would think that they are just as likely to be youngsters who had their first sniff of the Christmas cider. I think that those from the 70's have more understanding of where to draw the line.

100 percent city youth firm or wannabes, Elton John, Banksy, the truth is we done know yet but I'd take a guess at being the first group.

my answer would be move the memorial,to the centre so more,people see it and can pay their respects.

3 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

100 percent city youth firm or wannabes, Elton John, Banksy, the truth is we done know yet but I'd take a guess at being the first group.

my answer would be move the memorial,to the centre so more,people see it and can pay their respects.

That makes it sound as if your 'youth firm' have sections named after Elton John and Banksy! Please tell me that's not true.

33 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Who said anything about a lynch mob?

And even at 15 there is no way on earth I would have done anything of the sort. Whoever did it knew exactly what they were doing and who and why it would offend. 

I am really pleased you never did anything you regretted as a teenager especially after having a drink. In my opinion a life ban from City is excessive, it would be better to get them doing something constructive like assisting Rovers and City with some of the great work they do in the community. How about organizing some sport events at the children's hospice?

Some lines you just don't cross, disgusting and disrespectful as this memorial is about the war dead who were Rugby players who graced that ground long before the GAS got their mits on the place, it is madness as those gates and walls were or are involved in on going talks to be moved to Ashton gate and after the last time it got painted on people were educated that it has NOTHING TO DO WITH BRISTOL ROVERS! and therefore i smell a rat and i would not put it past a GAS head doing it to stir up some trouble,, it does not make it right whoever did this but i do smell a rat. Not in our BCFC name as it is like pissing on a grave...

Sad fact is those gates/walls have got sweet FA to do with the GAS..

BCFC and Bristol rugby have been trying to get the gates/wall moved to Ashton gate and I think that is still on going or at least replica wall/gates made.

Maybe it is time to get these gates moved to Ashton gate out of respect to the Rugby club who it partly represents with the fallen armed forced who played for them and the funds being donated should be for this?.

Archived