IGNORED

Memorial Gates sprayed again

Barrs Court Red

1 minute ago, Just Red said:

Now this is very terrible. But I do have to remind people that the ground is also a memorial and Rovers are quite happy to demolish that memorial to build a Sainsburys.

Also can we be sure this was actuallyCity fans? Wouldnt put it past the sags to do it themselves to make it look like our fans have done it.

This is something the sags would say if they vandalized one of our properties.

Quite right, who ever did this comes from the 70's and are total bell ends .  Not in my name. W****Rs  The creation of a pay pal account for real fans to donate some money for the cleaning of them is great, and anything left to the Legion or 'help the heroes' or what ever.

We all love to take the P1ss out of NLBR but thats it ! 

2 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Now this is very terrible. But I do have to remind people that the ground is also a memorial and Rovers are quite happy to demolish that memorial to build a Sainsburys.

Also can we be sure this was actuallyCity fans? Wouldnt put it past the sags to do it themselves to make it look like our fans have done it.

The trouble is mud sticks. Unless our club acts quickly and decisively to pay for the clean up and ban the guilty for life (if caught) then we will always be blamed for this.

1 minute ago, DT The Optimist said:

Quite right, who ever did this comes from the 70's and are total bell ends .  Not in my name. W****Rs  The creation of a pay pal account for real fans to donate some money for the cleaning of them is great, and anything left to the Legion or 'help the heroes' or what ever.

We all love to take the P1ss out of NLBR but thats it ! 

I would think that they are just as likely to be youngsters who had their first sniff of the Christmas cider. I think that those from the 70's have more understanding of where to draw the line.

• SC&T Board Members

18 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I would think that they are just as likely to be youngsters who had their first sniff of the Christmas cider. I think that those from the 70's have more understanding of where to draw the line.

I think the poster implies this sort of behaviour comes from the 70's, not the actual perpetrator. 

Completely agree with everyone, disgusting and completely pointless vandalism. Utter moron whoever did this

My guess is, it was a group of hormone induced spotty teenagers that don't know anything about the history of this country or what those gates represent. A night on the white lightning and they ended up feeling all billy big balls and doing this.

Most of our older scumbag element I'd expect to at least show some respect to a war memorial. If it was adults that did this then dreary me I despair.

18 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Well when I saw the correct spelling I did think the same :)

But do you know what,  let's say for the sake of argument that you're right and it was Rovers fans, all that would prove was that they were dicks, pretty much in the same way that if it was the- ahem - CSF then they would look dicks too. It doesn't really matter who did it , because they wouldn't represent the views of the massive majority of the fans of 'their' club. The simplest thing is just to get it cleaned up and we can all agree whoever did it were a bunch of *******.

Worth noting the comments from Nick Higgs before anyone attempts to clean up themselves (although indeed with the best intentions).

"It's a listed monument that needs to be cleaned properly by stone masons with proper materials. We're trying to get hold of someone today but we might have to cover it up while we wait for the right person."

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Worth noting the comments from Nick Higgs before anyone attempts to clean up themselves (although indeed with the best intentions).

"It's a listed monument that needs to be cleaned properly by stone masons with proper materials. We're trying to get hold of someone today but we might have to cover it up while we wait for the right person."

Bloody hell, did NIck just say something sensible?

Archived