IGNORED

Memorial Gates sprayed again

Barrs Court Red

16 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

There are football fans and there are amoebas. Lets get the classification right before we start mixing things up.

This is why those defacing walls and fighting always do so in packs or groups of amoebic dysentery; an amoeba cannot do this alone, by definition.

I really don't get what Shola and Sammi have got to do with this? You're just confusing things now.

3 hours ago, redfred said:

Good on you, Kim. But knowing their form, we really shouldn't give a shit what they think of us.

They will always use situations like this to stick the knife in, but I don't recall their first thought when receiving planning permission to either redevelop the Memorial Stadium or sell it to Sainsburys being towards the future of the Memorial Gates. In fact if it got one single mention I'd be surprised.

Theh are myopic hypocrites and reading some of their comments made me laugh like a hyena, as it serves as a reminder of how bitter they are towards us. 

I've never heard one gashead apologise for booing and chanting during Des Williams' minute silence and yet now they want to get really, really, really angry about the desecration of Memorial Gates that they didn't give a second thought to when they sold the place, until it was graffitied by City 'fans' and the their love, affection and respect for those gates then knows no boundaries.

They're bigger ***** than the idiots who graffitied the gates.

I phoned in to Ali Vowles on Radio Bristol the following day, and did exactly that.

Any sane person knows that you lot don't all desecrate war memorials, in the same way that us lot don't all punch horses. Obviously a few morons who thought that they would be heroes themselves by sticking it to The Gas by spraying graffiti at a time where there would be nobody there to confront them - bet they won't be boasting about their actions now that they've seen the reactions of your fanbase.

8 minutes ago, In the Net said:

bet they won't be boasting about their actions now that they've seen the reactions of your fanbase.

I wouldn't credit them with that much intelligence ITN, hopefully they'll do just that within earshot of the wrong people (from their point of view) and get their heads kicked in. 

Why should people leave it at that if they feel strongly about it? I have spoken to several gasheads since this incident and they appreciate the fact that most City fans condemn such vandalism and many have put their money where their mouths are with regards to making amends. Their views would be different if we had just swept the matter under the carpet.

4 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:
5 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Why should people leave it at that if they feel strongly about it? I have spoken to several gasheads since this incident and they appreciate the fact that most City fans condemn such vandalism and many have put their money where their mouths are with regards to making amends. Their views would be different if we had just swept the matter under the carpet.

Exactly SSO, i was more interested to know how much was raised on this forum from those that donated towards the clean up, were .

there any funds left to to give to British legion, maybe those in the know will post a update.

Everyone keeps harping on about the defacing of the war memorial, it wasn't really about that though was it.

It was a couple of kids defacing what they saw as Gas territory etc, for all they know they could have been painting over memories to their own family members, I don't see it as an attack on a war memorial unless you want to spin it that way for obvious reasons, just kids painting a wall outside the min.

Im not condoning the act, far from it but I will commend our supporters and club who have dealt with this brilliantly.

If all clubs held their hands up and dealt with things like this quickly and in such hospitable manor, then maybe we wouldn't have to dig up Des Williams minute of Silence, stealing rugby grounds, attacking a group of families from Swindon and attempting to steal Ashton Gate in 1982....................I won't mention the horse punching, racial abuse, goalkeeper punching (probably missed) etc, etc as I'd hate to see the perfect blue fews name dirtied.

On 24/12/2015 at 23:55, Iron Man said:

Blaming a whole fan base are you?

On 25/12/2015 at 00:20, City Rocker said:

Alf, I'd like to compliment you on your contribution to the thread.  But I can't. You've posted a five-word phrase (not even a sentence) that requires punctuation part-way through, otherwise it's meaning is ambiguous.

Needless to say, you failed on that one. Ironic. 

Must apologise lads I rarely come on here what I did mean to say was, the "less intelligent Bristol City Supporters"

On 1 January 2016 at 23:20, Magger1 said:

So some young vandals have spayed a war memorial ,not good or clever BUT is it the end of the world ,get over it there are a lot more devastating issues in the world today than a bit of removable paint ,as I stated not good or clever 

LEAVE IT AT THAT.......CTID

Perhaps but has anything been initiated about CCTV ??? This WILL happen again otherwise.

Archived