IGNORED

Memorial Gates sprayed again

Barrs Court Red

1 hour ago, Just Red said:

I think the point I'm trying to make is by Higgs and Co wanting to demolish the ground that's an act of 'legal' vandalism and I'd put Higgs and Co in the same bracket as these disgusting morons.

Legally the ground isn't a memorial but it's clear that was the intention for it to me. Isn't there some paper work that mysteriously went missing?

Please stop now. You're embarrassing yourself and all of us. 

10 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

Well when I saw the correct spelling I did think the same :)

But do you know what,  let's say for the sake of argument that you're right and it was Rovers fans, all that would prove was that they were dicks, pretty much in the same way that if it was the- ahem - CSF then they would look dicks too. It doesn't really matter who did it , because they wouldn't represent the views of the massive majority of the fans of 'their' club. The simplest thing is just to get it cleaned up and we can all agree whoever did it were a bunch of *******.

We all agree,whoever's done this are w....rs..............

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

You have clearly never seen the plans for the supermarket. 

The memorial will not only remain in place, but will actually be enhanced. Still, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. Whatever makes you feel better about  City fans taking a can of paint to a war memorial.

Steady Tiger..we are,as a group of fans totally disgusted by this...our only remedy is to see these idiots named,hoping they feel shame,and to see the damage repaired... Relatives of Rovers and City fans died during the first war,and subsequent conflicts come to that-we are equals in our emotions here....

This whole incident has just left a bitter taste in my mouth to be honest. I hate the way Rovers fans have jumped on this as a tool to brandish and generalise City fans as scum.

Correct me if I'm wrong (To be fair I probably am) but those gates have absolutely nothing to do with Bristol Rovers football club, as I understand it they are a memorial to the magnificent people who gave their lives in the war which would definitely include supporters from both clubs. This should be as much an insult to City fans as it is to Rovers fans. After looking at the Rovers forum the outrage at this vile act of vandalism is very quickly replaced by JOY for many at the news that it's been shown on Sky,Bbc,Itv etc. The vile club that is Bristol City is being shown for the whole country to see HOORAY!!! The whole thing has just been turned into another massive points scoring exercise by many Rovers fans.

Whoever did this has insulted families of war dead all over Bristol, City families, Rovers families and more than likely their own relatives who lost their lives in the war and the stupid ***** are to ignorant to realise it

23 minutes ago, PaulieBS5 said:

No City fans would stoop this low; Probably Gas seeking attention...

Oh come on, it's true that no decent City fan would stoop this low but let's face it our club along with every club does have a minority that unfortunately will

20 minutes ago, Alf said:

Intelligent bunch Bristol City supporters.

Alf, I'd like to compliment you on your contribution to the thread.  But I can't. You've posted a five-word phrase (not even a sentence) that requires punctuation part-way through, otherwise it's meaning is ambiguous.

Needless to say, you failed on that one. Ironic. 

Firstly Merry Christmas one and all.

I think we should be able to all agree regardless of The Sainsburys factor, this was pure vandalism by someone/some people who clearly have no idea

As for criticism of Rovers selling it to Sainsburys. If that is your point of view you are entitled to it, however I would point out the ground has been private property for donkeys years and long since change from the original intent to a degree.

Dont forget also your friends/cousins Bristol Rugby have already sold part of the fields for housing

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 13:03, View from the Dolman said:

Like this post on the Rovers forum:

" I thought for a moment or two about the kind of people who would do this sort of thing, and then I thought about the 'Christmas day in the trenches' attitude of all those City fans who pitched in to raise funds for one of our own, Jamie Cooper, after he was wounded in Iraq. I'd rather think about those people for a lot longer, because however little City mean to me (minus fifty on a scale of 1-10) I think that most of their fans are decent enough people to deplore this kind of thing and I won't give in to the divisiveness that it's intended to foster. Our heroes did not give their lives so that we could take up fighting among ourselves instead once the war was won. Certainly not at this time of year. Merry Christmas to everyone, Blue and red, unless you're the kind of attention-seeking moron that thinks defacing a memorial to those who died to give your mummy and daddy the freedom to buy you bright red spray paint makes you look clever."

Can't believe no one has commented upon amazing this post?

Sums it up perfectly and no one has put it better.

Forget the morons who did this, the sentiments of the Gashead poster are no doubt agreed by 100% of us, unfortunately not all of us (me included) have the eloquence to voice our feelings so well

1 hour ago, zippycar said:

Can't believe no one has commented upon amazing this post?

Sums it up perfectly and no one has put it better.

Forget the morons who did this, the sentiments of the Gashead poster are no doubt agreed by 100% of us, unfortunately not all of us (me included) have the eloquence to voice our feelings so well

Agreed, that poster hit the nail on the head.

Thought it worth repeating this post on the Rovers forum:

" I thought for a moment or two about the kind of people who would do this sort of thing, and then I thought about the 'Christmas day in the trenches' attitude of all those City fans who pitched in to raise funds for one of our own, Jamie Cooper, after he was wounded in Iraq. I'd rather think about those people for a lot longer, because however little City mean to me (minus fifty on a scale of 1-10) I think that most of their fans are decent enough people to deplore this kind of thing and I won't give in to the divisiveness that it's intended to foster. Our heroes did not give their lives so that we could take up fighting among ourselves instead once the war was won. Certainly not at this time of year. Merry Christmas to everyone, Blue and red, unless you're the kind of attention-seeking moron that thinks defacing a memorial to those who died to give your mummy and daddy the freedom to buy you bright red spray paint makes you look clever."

3 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

One good post out of a very few on there tho,they are moaning that somebody put on here that maybe it was gas and we are clutching at straws,bit like city were in the away end when they started punching horses,either way it was wrong 

1 hour ago, Redtucks said:

As Joe Jordan said that's probably one decent comment out of 1000 hateful comments from the blue few.

To be fair I couldn't care less what the blue few are saying really, our club handled an extremely difficult situation in the perfect way, donations, getting someone down to clean off the graffiti within an hour.

It's the same way Rovers had to deal with their incident with Jason Brown last year in a quick, commendable way.

Really moronic & also a bit embarrassing for Bristol Sport as the gates actually commentate Bristol Rugby players who gave their lives during the Great War. The Memorial Gates have nothing to do with Rovers except that they bought the ground. And as listed monuments they will stay intact even if Sainsburys ever bought the ground. 

Just now, Dr Balls said:

Really moronic & also a bit embarrassing for Bristol Sport as the gates actually commentate Bristol Rugby players who gave their lives during the Great War. The Memorial Gates have nothing to do with Rovers except that they bought the ground. And as listed monuments they will stay intact even if Sainsburys ever bought the ground. 

:shutup::shutup::shutup:

On 12/24/2015 at 07:48, Alf said:

Intelligent bunch Bristol City supporters.

This is a message for the few Rovers fans on gaschat (and one or two on here like the one sabove) that have made hateful comments about our entire fanbase, and have brandished all of us as scum:

You poisonous people are are nearly as moronic as the original perpetrators who defaced the gate and need to get the hatred out of your veins.

Perhaps you'd like to consider the following:

1) It was probably around 4-5 people of a fanbase averaging around 14-15k. That's 0.03% of our fanbase.
2) Why should these morons be representative of our club? Would you want the people who attacked a group of Swindon fans in the Inn on the Green to be representative of you?
3) You may notice the hate that's going on in our country at the moment where people are showing hatred towards the entire islamic faith because of the actions of a few people. Dangerous habit to get into, wouldn't you say?
4) Have you failed to notice the donation that kind people on this forum have made to cleaning up the mess or is this something you want to overlook?

Both sets of fans should be coming together to condemn this incident and reaffirm that there is no place for it in football... We should not be fighting each other over it. That's exactly what the vandals would have wanted im sure.

Well done to the majority of gasheads for not tarring us all with the same brush and well done to any City fan that has condemned the act and donated to get things sorted. Merry christmas all, and no time for haters.

On 12/24/2015 at 19:59, Just Red said:

Now this is very terrible. But I do have to remind people that the ground is also a memorial and Rovers are quite happy to demolish that memorial to build a Sainsburys.

Also can we be sure this was actuallyCity fans? Wouldnt put it past the sags to do it themselves to make it look like our fans have done it.

Can I just say that any fund might be additionally directed to paying for CCTV cameras? I suspect if this is a second time it will continue happening. Don't be surprised if it happens shortly after the clean up; there is no reforming some characters until they are made to pay from their pocket, community service and even a custodial sentence. I would much rather donate knowing a secure CCTV camera will be installed. Perhaps Dolls you can discuss this with the Community Trust and BCFC and then it sends a much more powerful message to BRFC that we, Bristol City particularly, want these culprits caught.

5 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Hate spellchecker. Should be commemorate not commentate!!

And I still stand by the comment that these are Bristol Rugby's gates. If The Memorial Ground were ever sold off & built on there is an argument that the gates should go wherever the rugby club is now based & plays. I guess the morons who defaced them never thought of that!

And I agree with Kim Il Sung. We need to get past the blind hatred. Not good for society general or for this city of ours, which whether red or blue, most of us realise is a fantastic & unique place. Maybe the lack of any meaningful success at a higher level means that we are both constantly in this goldfish bowl where we end up comparing ourselves to each other. It's not healthy!

I can understand if the blue few look jealously at our new stands & stadium in the making given the current fiasco with their new stadium or not. But our focus should be on our own club, supporting the team & staying in the Championship. That is what I would rather we were talking about right now rather than the stupidity of a handful halfwits.

5 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

This is a message for the few Rovers fans on gaschat (and one or two on here like the one sabove) that have made hateful comments about our entire fanbase, and have brandished all of us as scum:

You poisonous people are are nearly as moronic as the original perpetrators who defaced the gate and need to get the hatred out of your veins.

Perhaps you'd like to consider the following:

1) It was probably around 4-5 people of a fanbase averaging around 14-15k. That's 0.03% of our fanbase.
2) Why should these morons be representative of our club? Would you want the people who attacked a group of Swindon fans in the Inn on the Green to be representative of you?
3) You may notice the hate that's going on in our country at the moment where people are showing hatred towards the entire islamic faith because of the actions of a few people. Dangerous habit to get into, wouldn't you say?
4) Have you failed to notice the donation that kind people on this forum have made to cleaning up the mess or is this something you want to overlook?

Both sets of fans should be coming together to condemn this incident and reaffirm that there is no place for it in football... We should not be fighting each other over it. That's exactly what the vandals would have wanted im sure.

Well done to the majority of gasheads for not tarring us all with the same brush and well done to any City fan that has condemned the act and donated to get things sorted. Merry christmas all, and no time for haters.

Good on you, Kim. But knowing their form, we really shouldn't give a shit what they think of us.

They will always use situations like this to stick the knife in, but I don't recall their first thought when receiving planning permission to either redevelop the Memorial Stadium or sell it to Sainsburys being towards the future of the Memorial Gates. In fact if it got one single mention I'd be surprised.

Theh are myopic hypocrites and reading some of their comments made me laugh like a hyena, as it serves as a reminder of how bitter they are towards us. 

I've never heard one gashead apologise for booing and chanting during Des Williams' minute silence and yet now they want to get really, really, really angry about the desecration of Memorial Gates that they didn't give a second thought to when they sold the place, until it was graffitied by City 'fans' and the their love, affection and respect for those gates then knows no boundaries.

They're bigger ***** than the idiots who graffitied the gates.

33 minutes ago, redfred said:

Good on you, Kim. But knowing their form, we really shouldn't give a shit what they think of us.

They will always use situations like this to stick the knife in, but I don't recall their first thought when receiving planning permission to either redevelop the Memorial Stadium or sell it to Sainsburys being towards the future of the Memorial Gates. In fact if it got one single mention I'd be surprised.

Theh are myopic hypocrites and reading some of their comments made me laugh like a hyena, as it serves as a reminder of how bitter they are towards us. 

I've never heard one gashead apologise for booing and chanting during Des Williams' minute silence and yet now they want to get really, really, really angry about the desecration of Memorial Gates that they didn't give a second thought to when they sold the place, until it was graffitied by City 'fans' and the their love, affection and respect for those gates then knows no boundaries.

They're bigger ***** than the idiots who graffitied the gates.

To be fair Ian Holloway was on tv immediately after the match condemning the Rovers fans who ruined the minute silence for Des Williams. He said Mr Williams was a gentleman and that he was embarrassed of the idiots that ruined the silence. 

24 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

To be fair Ian Holloway was on tv immediately after the match condemning the Rovers fans who ruined the minute silence for Des Williams. He said Mr Williams was a gentleman and that he was embarrassed of the idiots that ruined the silence. 

Despite only a year before singing 'the only good shitheads are the one that's dead'.

Nevertheless, I've personally yet to meet a regretful gashead over that incident. And it's been talked about many times.

Archived