IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

Just now, deadredfred said:

***Nostalgic Dream Alert***

JET sitting just in front of a 3-man midfield, threading balls through to Kodjias pace and movement. Delightful.

I bet they'd even have an awesome celebration routine together too. 

Annndddddddd, back to reality...

Id like to comment but i may get banned again !!!

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

On current form Baldock wouldn't be anywhere near the championship... Fact is if he left Brighton tomorrow he would attract half the league.

Two goals for Sam, in 17 games this season, one against us! The other v Fulham. That's scoring against the joint leakiest, and third leakiest defence in the league, whilst playing in an unbeaten team topping the league.

The bloke in charge of Brighton's recruitment, head of football operations, summer 2014 was sacked. And manager Hyppia. They got their recruitment horribly wrong and struggled.

They got a quality bloke in, Chris Hughton, recruited well, and bingo!

So it's not only us that struggles with this

2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Two goals for Sam, in 17 games this season, one against us! The other v Fulham. That's scoring against the joint leakiest, and third leakiest defence in the league, whilst playing in an unbeaten team topping the league.

The bloke in charge of Brighton's recruitment, head of football operations, summer 2014 was sacked. And manager Hyppia. They got their recruitment horribly wrong and struggled.

They got a quality bloke in, Chris Hughton, recruited well, and bingo!

So it's not only us that struggles with this

Yet their results were better with SB in the team..

39 minutes ago, hooered said:

A friend in Bournmouth tells me along with Kermogant we have enquired about Lee Tomlin aswell

Those two would be terrific signings. Doubt we'd get Tomlin though, a lot of better teams surely would be in for him?

42 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Maybe that will free up Jay Emanuel Thomas. He did well last year for Bristol City and they let him go on a free. Would suit our style and work well with Kodjia. 

If it happened, that's it with football for me. It won't ever get any better.

The bid from Bournemouth is surprising a bit. They are spending a decent amount more than Burnley did but they seem to be in a better position to stay up. Only concern from me is that could Tomlin or YK be involved in a loan back to Wolves as part of it? 

As far as Clough, would be a fantastic signing if true and not a crazy fee. Would really suit the Freeman role I feel as well. 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

The bid from Bournemouth is surprising a bit. They are spending a decent amount more than Burnley did but they seem to be in a better position to stay up. Only concern from me is that could Tomlin or YK be involved in a loan back to Wolves as part of it? 

As far as Clough, would be a fantastic signing if true and not a crazy fee. Would really suit the Freeman role I feel as well. 

According to another forum, they've put in a bid for Vydra to replace him.

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don't think Cotts would want Tomlin, a great footballer but a passenger when you're pressing/Defending. Don't know if he's got the legs for the CAM role. 

Just now, Shtanley said:

I don't think Cotts would want Tomlin, a great footballer but a passenger when you're pressing/Defending. Don't know if he's got the legs for the CAM role. 

You could be right. Though a bit of quality in that role could make a goal or two and take pressure off our defense. Who knows though! I do hope we balance between experience and youth though. 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

You could be right. Though a bit of quality in that role could make a goal or two and take pressure off our defense. Who knows though! I do hope we balance between experience and youth though. 

Freeman>Reid>Clough in that position. Although I'd prefer Reid in CAM and Clough with Kodjia. 

4 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

He has pro footballer's on the bench, they should be good enough to do a job for ten minutes to replace tired legs. Not tactical sub's, let's not go there.

Hey, I agree with you and from what I've seen of Reid this season he's been fantastic and should be starting. All I'm trying to do is offer an alternative reason as to why the bench isn't being used. Cotts must feel that either the quality isn't there to make the impact coming of the bench or he doesn't see that the type of player on the bench can turn the specific game. I really can't think of what other reason he would have to not replace tired legs but hey I'm not a footy Manager (apart from being an absolute legend on FM).

3 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Why do so many people seem to be excited by Kermogant? He's had his best days. We have our own aging striker who can't play week in week out. Do we really need another. Zak Clough would be a more exciting one but still far from proven.

Don't know anything about him but assume kermorgant would be an upgrade on Wilbraham 

5 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Why do so many people seem to be excited by Kermogant? He's had his best days. We have our own aging striker who can't play week in week out. Do we really need another. Zak Clough would be a more exciting one but still far from proven.

Agree re Kermogant.  If we get Clough, I would see Kermogant deal being scrapped....34?

Archived