IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So why say we ain't after players then when you know no more than anyone else. Believe it or not the club knows we leak too many goals it's stating the bleeding obvious.

Hmmm. So when Russell, Dack and Clough turn us down are we allowed to say that was bleeding obvious too?

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

Hmmm. So when Russell, Dack and Clough turn us down are we allowed to say that was bleeding obvious too?

Where  is the relevance in your post to what i wrote ? The previous poster stated we are not after a defender or midfielder without knowing anything of the sort. 

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So why say we ain't after players then when you know no more than anyone else. Believe it or not the club knows we leak too many goals it's stating the bleeding obvious.

We're leaking against quality up front (gray, ince,) I have noticed that 3 good players have scored hatricks against us. I think any clinical player draws confidence from playing against 3 centre backs as the opportunity to shoot from distance or run against a single player is increased. Quality finishing that has been the difference. Also a lack of a penetrating attacking midfielder running into the area off the ball. Freeman just doesn't do this. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Where  is the relevance in your post to what i wrote ? The previous poster stated we are not after a defender or midfielder without knowing anything of the sort. 

It was originally my post that alluded to the fact that all these rumours are all about attacking players. I take your point that we don't know if they are after any defensive players as these are all just rumours.

You seem to be suggesting it is bleeding obvious to the club that defence needs improving. I am saying it seems equally obvious that chasing players like Russell is likely to end in familiar disappointment - if this rumour is true.

Just now, robin_unreliant said:

It was originally my post that alluded to the fact that all these rumours are all about attacking players. I take your point that we don't know if they are after any defensive players as these are all just rumours.

You seem to be suggesting it is bleeding obvious to the club that defence needs improving. I am saying it seems equally obvious that chasing players like Russell is likely to end in familiar disappointment - if this rumour is true.

Don't ask you don't get. We've been moaning all season about our transfer activity . The only one we know is true is Clough, not sure how valid those other twitter accounts are about Russell . Just because its not on social media doesn't mean we haven't bid for defensive players.

18 minutes ago, Scrumpy said:

Also to note, thee are a good 3 or 4 players waiting for bigger things at Rochdale.

Ashley Eastham

Peter Vincenti

Joe Bunney

....And even Ian Henderson

Singling out Vincenti as a player of great potential.

I'm surprised you've missed Jamie Allen out of this I believe he's there captain at 20/21

21 minutes ago, Atyeo Benj said:

I'm surprised you've missed Jamie Allen out of this I believe he's there captain at 20/21

True, that.

I think that it's almost criminal that Rochdale have all this talent that's not snapped up at a higher level.

Chesterfield have their own fair share of decent players too.

3 hours ago, Red white and red said:

Wouldn't imagine clough will swap one relo battle for another especially being a local Bolton lad. Johnny Russell?... Hahaha, next. Tom Bradshaw will have the choice of about 7 clubs if he wants. Can't wait for the next lot of pipe dreams!

Please tell me you took my post seriously? :P :thumbsup:

On 5 January 2016 at 18:59, GrahamC said:

On 5 January 2016 at 19:08, Redman91bcfc said:

Editing away quotes is impossible on an iphone... Just thought i would drop that in to liven the conversation.!

These bids or so called bids, regardless, seem to have either silenced the band of moaners on this thread or they have all, to a man, experienced a brain metamorphosis. Quite remarkable.

To think that so many take a press conference and literally accept every word spoken is gospel; anybody ever heard of 'smoke and mirrors' ? I give the club huge credit for trying whatever it takes to sign the player(s) they want when the news hungry media and social media, can destroy any chance 'lil ole' City have of signing their man.

And talking of smoke and mirrors perhaps the fact the layman can interpret a rift or diversity of opinion or strategy between SL and SC is exactly what they want; i am not going to even try and second guess why that might be but i don't care. I just know nobody else is doing more to try and persuade players to come here because ultimately this club will be a beacon of hope for so many other clubs and players on our radar, including their agents, may not comprehend that now but they will... This is the big sell.

I also find it laughable and bizarre that a plethora of rumours or bids about strikers brings forth a few rather silly remarks about why we are not in for defenders. I realise some people are more gullible and excitable than others and we do not all see through the mist but perhaps thinking a bit more before  posting would make for a more enjoyable and informative thread not to mention reducing the effect of unintentionally whipping the plagiaristic media into a potentially damaging frenzy. OK fat chance of that last remark.

7 hours ago, Atyeo Benj said:

So many good players in league one that could make the step up - Mawson, Allen, morsy, dack, Egan, Bradshaw Bentley, Baxter just hope we are looking at atleast some and not all of them 

Totally agree. You can also add Maddison, Forrester, Adams, Onyedinma, Rafferty, Burke, Adelakun, Hourihane, Aribiyi, Haughton, Potts, Moncur, Roofe, Sercombe, Kennedy, Nelson, Purrington, Nichols, Moore-Taylor and many more. 

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

To think that so many take a press conference and literally accept every word spoken is gospel; anybody ever heard of 'smoke and mirrors' ? I give the club huge credit for trying whatever it takes to sign the player(s) they want when the news hungry media and social media, can destroy any chance 'lil ole' City have of signing their man.

exactly this. if Cotts wasnt flat out trying to bring people in,his phone wouldnt need charging 2 or 3 times a day,

either that or he needs a new battery

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Totally agree. You can also add Maddison, Forrester, Adams, Onyedinma, Rafferty, Burke, Adelakun, Hourihane, Aribiyi, Haughton, Potts, Moncur, Roofe, Sercombe, Kennedy, Nelson, Purrington, Nichols, Moore-Taylor and many more.

I saw the other day that George Moncur at Colchester was being chased by 3 championship teams. He is somebody who I would hope we were interested in. Brought up in the West Ham way and has a good eye for goal from midfield.

5 minutes ago, Stuu_BCFC said:

They'd probably like to, but unless they offer something that would allow us to get a championship quality replacement plus then surely would be no chance we'd listen and probably wouldn't entertain the idea of selling unless we brought enough people in first, which given our squad size is unlikely.

Archived