IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

FL Rumours ‏@RumoursFl

Middlesbrough want to sell Kike for £2 Million. Bristol City interested #bcfc #Boro

Although I suspect rubbish, or failing that a back up, would be nice to see a rumour about a player other than a forward now and again...

3 hours ago, ciderup said:

I reckon it could well have been us that bid for Bradshaw on Friday. IF he could stay fit, wouldn't he be an ideal replacement for Wilbs?

On Pratley, he was really classy when he was at the Swans. He's only 30 too which surprised me.

Just to recap SOD has categorically denied that they have received any bids for Bradshaw.

On 09/01/2016 at 17:00, Rednwhiterob said:

I've seen and heard plenty worse about our players over the years. Not sure why me using a nickname I heard at AG and found mildly amusing gives you a problem. Don't let it bother you buddy.

Without trawling back to see the offending nickname, but assuming they are usually black or green with wheels, the only real problem I have is that you are referring to a French lad who , one assumes, barely speaks English. Should he ever hear that nickname, he may be really offended. Whereas an English speaking player would understand our British and totally warped humour. The French in general do not go for dark humour like Brits and Aussies.

Thus it might be more seemly to refrain?

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Without trawling back to see the offending nickname, but assuming they are usually black or green with wheels, the only real problem I have is that you are referring to a French lad who , one assumes, barely speaks English. Should he ever hear that nickname, he may be really offended. Whereas an English speaking player would understand our British and totally warped humour. The French in general do not go for dark humour like Brits and Aussies.

I doubt he'd be that sensitive.

32 minutes ago, cityexile said:

FL Rumours ‏@RumoursFl

Middlesbrough want to sell Kike for £2 Million. Bristol City interested #bcfc #Boro

Although I suspect rubbish, or failing that a back up, would be nice to see a rumour about a player other than a forward now and again...

I read that they wanted to sell him to generate money for another striker. I imagine putting our name in it because we've been linked with large bids for strikers. So yea I reckon he could be available but don't think he'd make it this far down the league table if so.

On 9 January 2016 at 17:00, Rednwhiterob said:

I've seen and heard plenty worse about our players over the years. Not sure why me using a nickname I heard at AG and found mildly amusing gives you a problem. Don't let it bother you buddy.

I hate it. I think for 2 reasons

1. Why would you give our top goalscorer and arguably best player a rude nickname.

2. It's not even a good ******* nickname.

1 minute ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Rude? Not even remotely compared to what I've heard him and other players called this season by our own fans.

So?  

Doesn't make you calling him it any better, does it?

Someone probably called you something nasty before; does that mean it is subsequently okay for people to call you anything they want going forward?

You want to try and drum up support for making Kodjia a scapegoat; go for it.  But the nickname stinks; sorry.

6 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Rude? Not even remotely compared to what I've heard him and other players called this season by our own fans.

Oh right sorry other people are saying worse things I guess that nullifies what you're saying...

Show a bit of compassion towards someone who has the same goals as £10m Afobe. 

9 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Thing is, I've been to every home game bar one and several aways this season and chatted to plenty of different people. I've never heard your 'nickname' or any other for JK at any of those games or said by anyone I've spoken to.

People, rightfully, rate him and see his immense talent. He's a bit raw, could improve his shooting and possibly pass the ball a bit more but everyone knows that. If he could iron out the flaws in his game and improve his strengths he'd be premier league, no doubt in my mind.

He loves the club and loves scoring goals - was immense how he ran into our supporters yesterday. Give him a break and enjoy him, he's bloody exciting to watch. No one is going to join your agenda against him either! Flogging a dead horse a bit.

6 minutes ago, samo II said:

So?  

Doesn't make you calling him it any better, does it?

Someone probably called you something nasty before; does that mean it is subsequently okay for people to call you anything they want going forward?

You want to try and drum up support for making Kodjia a scapegoat; go for it.  But the nickname stinks; sorry.

Apology accepted.

7 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Oh right sorry other people are saying worse things I guess that nullifies what you're saying...

Show a bit of compassion towards someone who has the same goals as £10m Afobe. 

I really wouldn't worry Shtan, I doubt he reads this, although I've heard verbal abuse towards players this season which I suspect they've heard not to mention some of the cr@p on Twitter. You could spend a lot of time trying to clean that up.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Thing is, I've been to every home game bar one and several aways this season and chatted to plenty of different people. I've never heard your 'nickname' or any other for JK at any of those games or said by anyone I've spoken to.

People, rightfully, rate him and see his immense talent. He's a bit raw, could improve his shooting and possibly pass the ball a bit more but everyone knows that. If he could iron out the flaws in his game and improve his strengths he'd be premier league, no doubt in my mind.

He loves the club and loves scoring goals - was immense how he ran into our supporters yesterday. Give him a break and enjoy him, he's bloody exciting to watch. No one is going to join your agenda against him either! Flogging a dead horse a bit.

PF, I don't disagree with anything you say. I sincerely hope he goes down in City folklore. I am just of the opinion that he's not as good as some people want to believe.

There really is no agenda.

On 1/9/2016 at 12:09, brad blit said:

On 1/9/2016 at 12:56, City169 said:

39 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I read this alot on here, but Kodjia's been in Bristol for 6 months now.

If he still 'barely speaks English' after all that time something's very wrong and would indicate he's not integrating into the squad at all.

I wouldn't expect him to be fluent, or anywhere near it, but he should certainly have made great strides and be far more capable than he was in July.

4 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

PF, I don't disagree with anything you say. I sincerely hope he goes down in City folklore. I am just of the opinion that he's not as good as some people want to believe.

There really is no agenda.

Fair enough, I'm probably overreacting a bit - I just really like him for his ability and attitude and just found it a bit unfair. I should probably lighten up about it really.

Archived