IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere....

Just reading in the BBC pre match build up that Preston signed their no.4 Ben Pearson from Man Utd this week.

A 21 year old midfielder who spent last season at Barnsley, playing 30 odd times. 

I have absolutely zero idea if he's any good, but a quick search shows he won Uniteds Young player of the year award in 2012-2013 (with Adnan Januzaj winning best reserve team player. Other previous winners of Pearsons award include Welbeck, Macheda, Tunnicliffe (Fulham), Darron Gibson and James Wilson)

The Clough thread has lead me to serious RSI so I'm not willing to take the time to google any more info, but seems a promising prospect!

Just thought it interesting that in the week we signed a £50k 'punt', one of our nearest rivals have signed an ex-Utd midfielder, with English league experience for a marginally larger "punt" of £100k!

I thought it worth a share seeing as his transfer has gone through quickly this week, with Preston only contacting him a few days prior and completely under the radar as far as I know. Hmmm

Oh and he's playing now. Any info from those watching?

11 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere....

Just reading in the BBC pre match build up that Preston signed their no.4 Ben Pearson from Man Utd this week.

A 21 year old midfielder who spent last season at Barnsley, playing 30 odd times. 

I have absolutely zero idea if he's any good, but a quick search shows he won Uniteds Young player of the year award in 2012-2013 (with Adnan Januzaj winning best reserve team player. Other previous winners of Pearsons award include Welbeck, Macheda, Tunnicliffe (Fulham), Darron Gibson and James Wilson)

The Clough thread has lead me to serious RSI so I'm not willing to take the time to google any more info, but seems a promising prospect!

Just thought it interesting that in the week we signed a £50k 'punt', one of our nearest rivals have signed an ex-Utd midfielder, with English league experience for a marginally larger "punt" of £100k!

I thought it worth a share seeing as his transfer has gone through quickly this week, with Preston only contacting him a few days prior and completely under the radar as far as I know. Hmmm

Oh and he's playing now. Any info from those watching?

But chances being is he hasn't had to move a few hours away & leave family / friends. 

Plus he will be at an age where he will be aware of he has any chance of 1st team football at Utd & having been on loan at Barnsley last season, he is moving no distance to get 1st team football at a club that are playing at a level up to what he was playing last season!!

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But chances being is he hasn't had to move a few hours away & leave family / friends. 

Plus he will be at an age where he will be aware of he has any chance of 1st team football at Utd & having been on loan at Barnsley last season, he is moving no distance to get 1st team football at a club that are playing at a level up to what he was playing last season!!

I don't see why moving is ever a barrier to a new job? Very odd. He's 21, not 7.

Regardless of geography, because I cannot understand that as an excuse for anyone, I agree him moving to a team in the division above being a good one on his behalf.

The reason I raised it - isn't this the kind of player/deal we ought to be looking at?

If we're all for taking low cost "punts", why not on a player who knows English football, is hungry for first team football, young, reasonable experience (albeit league1) with the pedigree that comes with an upbringing at Uniteds academy, where you have to be at least half decent. 

In an area we need to strengthen in too.

Just now, cynic said:

Linked with Peter Crouch and Beauvue in the media.

Looks like we're up against Celta Vigo from La Liga and Aston Villa for the champions league player. 

Crouch is wanted by a host of clubs including Derby but is expected to stay in the EPL. 

More mirth and hilarity.

Oh my aching sides, when will it stop ?

I wish it was February..

Looking forward to Valentine's Day are we? 

1 minute ago, cynic said:

Linked with Peter Crouch and Beauvue in the media.

Looks like we're up against Celta Vigo from La Liga and Aston Villa for the champions league player. 

Crouch is wanted by a host of clubs including Derby but is expected to stay in the EPL. 

More mirth and hilarity.

Oh my aching sides, when will it stop ?

I wish it was February..

Shouldn't be a problem, it's every foreign players dream to play for a relegation threatened championship team.

Just saw a story on the sky sports transfer centre about Kevin Nolan rejecting a move to leyton orient

surely he's still good enough to be playing championship football and would definitely be an experienced head within our squad

In my opinion, we should be desperately trying to get him in until the end of the season, thoughts?

59 minutes ago, Josh93 said:

Just saw a story on the sky sports transfer centre about Kevin Nolan rejecting a move to leyton orient

surely he's still good enough to be playing championship football and would definitely be an experienced head within our squad

In my opinion, we should be desperately trying to get him in until the end of the season, thoughts?

People on here will tell you his legs have gone

I'd give him 5 months to prove those people wrong, no problem at all - as long as the wages weren't ridiculous

On 5 January 2016 at 19:59, GrahamC said:

On 5 January 2016 at 20:08, Redman91bcfc said:

Editing away quotes is impossible on an iphone... Just thought i would drop that in to liven the conversation.!

These bids or so called bids, regardless, seem to have either silenced the band of moaners on this thread or they have all, to a man, experienced a brain metamorphosis. Quite remarkable.

To think that so many take a press conference and literally accept every word spoken is gospel; anybody ever heard of 'smoke and mirrors' ? I give the club huge credit for trying whatever it takes to sign the player(s) they want when the news hungry media and social media, can destroy any chance 'lil ole' City have of signing their man.

And talking of smoke and mirrors perhaps the fact the layman can interpret a rift or diversity of opinion or strategy between SL and SC is exactly what they want; i am not going to even try and second guess why that might be but i don't care. I just know nobody else is doing more to try and persuade players to come here because ultimately this club will be a beacon of hope for so many other clubs and players on our radar, including their agents, may not comprehend that now but they will... This is the big sell.

I also find it laughable and bizarre that a plethora of rumours or bids about strikers brings forth a few rather silly remarks about why we are not in for defenders. I realise some people are more gullible and excitable than others and we do not all see through the mist but perhaps thinking a bit more before  posting would make for a more enjoyable and informative thread not to mention reducing the effect of unintentionally whipping the plagiaristic media into a potentially damaging frenzy. OK fat chance of that last remark.

1 minute ago, Dave said:

I note Fulham have a transfer embargo, would they have any strikers we fancy?

Not a cheap one.

Bent maybe from Derby if they paid a chunk of his wages maybe?

16 minutes ago, Soul_Trader said:

Is it just me or do you think the transfer window would be better if it was modelled on speed dating ?

Could get the whole thing sorted in an afternoon ....

Even then we'd still leave with **** all!

Archived