IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

3 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Why didn't we just keep JET and sign Matt Smith. Then we wouldn't have spent all season chasing unrealistic targets and would have had two proven forward options that are settled into our team.

I'll just never understand...

On JET 

8408544492_47928d6c5d_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

"Just"? The slave trade isn't still ongoing, is it? It takes two to tango for a contract.

We didn't offer him one so we never got the opportunity to find out.

Not the contracts seem to mean anything with us. We hand out players of the calibre of Greg Cunningham for free.

39 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Even the Slags has signed someone now!

Can someone close to Cotts tell him that we're becoming the laughing stock of English football and if he hasn't got a Plan B to move on quickly.

I've lost it with him now, as much as I love his formation, style of play, what he did for us last season, 'I'm a winner' personality... the fact that he had since last April to develop a team/squad capable of keeping us in the Championship and failed abysmally to achieve that means it's time to move on. 

We clearly have neither a realistic or rational transfer strategy and seemingly, no sense of urgency either.  For **** sake, we can't wait until the end of the transfer window to pick up any scraps from the Championship. Day 1 of the window was time to reveal your signings. You and whoever, ****** up the Summer and Autumn Windows and you're messing this one up as well. 

A message to the Communications Department also, stop him stating the bleeding obvious.... 'the January window is the hardest to get players in', 'we haven't got enough players to rotate' etc..we know that and knew it in the Summer. This kind of stuff just serves to wind supporters up even more. Your tweet that 'Cotts has abandoned hope of signing Clough' about 1 hour ago demonstrates about the same level of incompetence and disrespect of supporters. 

Someone get a grip at the Club FFS! 

It's easy to sign someone when dealing in Coppers.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

We didn't offer him one so we never got the opportunity to find out.

Not the contracts seem to mean anything with us. We hand out players of the calibre of Greg Cunningham for free.

Depends if the rumour of us only paying half of his contract is true, if true its perfectly understandable why we didn't offer a new one.

5 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Why didn't we just keep JET and sign Matt Smith. Then we wouldn't have spent all season chasing unrealistic targets and would have had two proven forward options that are settled into our team.

I'll just never understand...

I will give you this one for free...... In 'My Opinion' JET did not want to be offered a contract as he was already heading for QPR. He wanted to return to London and it wouldn't have mattered if we had offered him a contract as he would have turned it down, hence why we didn't offer him one.

1 minute ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

I will give you this one for free...... In 'My Opinion' JET did not want to be offered a contract as he was already heading for QPR. He wanted to return to London and it wouldn't have mattered if we had offered him a contract as he would have turned it down, hence why we didn't offer him one.

Can we not make amends for the mistake by trying to get him on loan now that JFH doesn't seem to fancy him. Same goes with Smith at Fulham. Instead of wasting our time on unrealistic targets that aren't guaranteed to settle in our team, we can get two capable strikers that are proven to fit in the system.

1 minute ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Can we not make amends for the mistake by trying to get him on loan now that JFH doesn't seem to fancy him. Same goes with Smith at Fulham. Instead of wasting our time on unrealistic targets that aren't guaranteed to settle in our team, we can get two capable strikers that are proven to fit in the system.

Because that would be too easy and successful for Cotts. 

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

Which is what was said by someone else some time ago.

I think there may well be an element of truth in it, but probably none would have signed in the end anyway due to not being able to come up with the wages required.

Well imo Maguire had agreed personal terms. I have to say I haven't seen the potential scenario written on here before.

Well if there was a monumental cock up in trying to renegotiate agreed fees then deal with the person/people who did that. If SL was involved so be it, he's the owner and pays to the bills. I doubt he'd do it again. 

All that doesn't excuse a seeming mega-sulk that has lasted the remainder of the Summer, Autumn and Winter.

Fans patience with the situation is wearing as thin as the squad. Now is not the time to put personal egos to one side,  it's about the Club and its loyal supporters. Problem is, I fear, Cotts ego is so big and desire to 'prove a point and get one over whoever was involved' is so strong he'd rather watch us go down than back off. 

2 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Been told by a source that we tried to get JET back on loan last week but couldn't agree personal terms!
He's not coming, time to move on! :facepalm: The same for Matt Smith aswell!

8 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

What about your 'opinion' on the Lyon striker, anything happening there?

4 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

What mistake? JET was going anyway. Why would he stick around at AG on the bench when he could earn more sitting on the bench at QPR and of course be closer to home? No mistake was made on JET, and as for Matt Smith I hardly think Fulham will want to help out one of their relegation rivals.

2 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Well if there was a monumental cock up in trying to renegotiate agreed fees then deal with the person/people who did that. If SL was involved so be it, he's the owner and pays to the bills. I doubt he'd do it again. 

All that doesn't excuse a seeming mega-sulk that has lasted the remainder of the Summer, Autumn and Winter.

Fans patience with the situation is wearing as thin as the squad. Now is not the time to put personal egos to one side,  it's about the Club and its loyal supporters. Problem is, I fear, Cotts ego is so big and desire to 'prove a point and get one over whoever was involved' is so strong he'd rather watch us go down than back off. 

Maybe the person who did is no longer at the club. JP

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What mistake? JET was going anyway. Why would he stick around at AG on the bench when he could earn more sitting on the bench at QPR and of course be closer to home? No mistake was made on JET, and as for Matt Smith I hardly think Fulham will want to help out one of their relegation rivals.

Watching Freeman and Wilbraham this season, if the penny hadn't dropped for SC in realising the mistake he made letting JET go by now, I'd be concerned. He was proven to fit the system, and at the very least offered a fantastic option of the bench - whether we were looking to get back in the game, or needed someone to hold the ball up and spring counter attacks whilst we were in the lead.

The fact we replaced JET with Callum Robinson is a perfect indictment of our struggles this season.

I don't think it is money reasons. I'm pretty sure Gayle didn't want to risk stepping out of the division as a player you should be aiming for especially as at that time we had hardly made any headway in the transfer market to suggest we would be close to contending at the top end. Gray I think took a similar view, albeit although in the same division he obviously felt Burnley were better placed to be at the top end. Clough is an awkward one for his more personal attachment to Bolton but again now that we are languishing in one of the relegation spots just two places above his boyhood team we are not attractive enough. Pretty certain if we had been top 6 now Clough would have signed.

But now our problem has worsened due to the league position. From what I can gather most of the top end League One players are challenging for promotion with their respective clubs. They and the clubs can now command higher fees and wages which whilst we can afford may be no better than what we have other than bringing some renewed optimism and confidence. After all our double winning team came up full of confidence and optimism and have won 4 games only. Aiming for any higher players now could also be a fruitless task, especially ones that seem to be of interest to everyone else due to the issue of league position.

Cotts is clearly focused on bringing in players that should undoubtedly add quality and an improvement to a stable tight knit team. It doesn't always work out but probably more likely to be the case.

The lack of summer transfer activity has well and truly messed us up. Somehow this group of players is going to have to summon up everything they possibly can to get us that handful of wins and stay up. I think Cotts could have helped the situation so far through better utilisation of what we do have. I cannot understand why Burns, Reid, Wagstaff, Cox, Moore, Robinson have hardly had any game time. I still think we would have been looking over our shoulder right now but we may have just been able to grind out just those extra couple of wins with fresher legs plus the likes of Burns and Reid would have more experience now. 

We just have to hang in there and back them all the way over the line. My worry going forward however is that we could find ourselves in the same situation this summer too. 

1 minute ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Watching Freeman and Wilbraham this season, if the penny hadn't dropped for SC in realising the mistake he made letting JET go by now, I'd be concerned. He was proven to fit the system, and at the very least offered a fantastic option of the bench - whether we were looking to get back in the game, or needed someone to hold the ball up and spring counter attacks whilst we were in the lead.

The fact we replaced JET with Callum Robinson is a perfect indictment of our struggles this season.

He was out of contract, what were we supposed to do, put an electronic tag on him?

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He was out of contract, what were we supposed to do, put an electronic tag on him?

Offer him a contract? Pay him more if he wanted it.

Instead of wasting all season trying to find attacking players when we had one right under our nose. If he rejected the contract, fair enough. But we didn't even attempt to, yet another sign of complacency over the summer that has come back to bite us. And it was evidently going to do so at the time.

Just watched this SC interview ahead of the Middlesborough game. SC looks tired and utterly fed up with the world, as he might. Be all this crap the fault of someone else or whether he's to blame. He doesn't look like he's capable of persuading anyone to come and play for us, let alone inspire the team to play out of their skins every week to dig us out of the crap hole we've dug ourselves. 

Just seen something on Twitter that said that City have only signed 2 permanent players in the last 6 months, 1 of whom left 6 weeks later. Which pretty much says it all. I think that Cotts doesn't know which way to turn now and he's seemingly only putting up a fight because that's what's expected. 

I get the issue of not wanting to pay silly money for wages, losses of circa £15m a year are ridiculous, and I understand that we want young players, but it appears you can only buy them from abroad as the players and the agents are too greedy here, or too greedy for our pockets at least. 

I think that it's probably time now to say enough is enough Steve, you've taken us as far as you can, you need a rest and probably a holiday. Thanks for all you've done.

In turn, I think the club owe it to the fans to give someone else a go at trying to dig us out of this situation, we'll find out if the lack of signings were down to players not wanting to sign for SC, and we'll find out if it was worth the gamble. Clearly City haven't learnt from the transfer debacle in the summer, a whole lot of nothing is happening at the gate in terms of positive steps forward, and I accept that firing a manager could bring us another, Tinnion, Millen, O'Driscoll.

Time to act.

3 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Instead of wasting all season trying to find attacking players when we had one right under our nose. If he rejected the contract, fair enough. But we didn't even attempt to, yet another sign of complacency over the summer that has come back to bite us. And it was evidently going to do so at the time.

What's the obsession with JET? Yes hes a good player on his day but so many manager's have not played him for a reason...

He can't even get into the QPR squad every week at the moment let alone the team! If you think hes the answer to our problems at the moment i think you're very wrong. 

4 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

If the rumours are true then there is no way he would of accepted 10k from us when QPR are offering 18k.

Money talks.

On the bench earning 10k
On the bench earning 18k

It's a no brainer.

Just now, 1414England said:

What's the obsession with JET? Yes hes a good player on his day but so many manager's have not played him for a reason...

He can't even get into the QPR squad every week at the moment let alone the team! If you think hes the answer to our problems at the moment i think you're very wrong. 

It's Jordan.... 

4 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

The Post is reporting that Cotts has said that his task during this window is ...'Nigh on Impossible' 

Well other clubs PNE, Charlton are managing to bring new faces in, so I don't buy it. Just that Cotts seems not to want to consider league 1/2 prospects. Roofe would be a fantastic signing in my book, be very happy with Dack or Moncur, etc, etc... but Cotts wants to chase players that don't want to come here.

2 minutes ago, 1414England said:

Still their 2nd top scorer after Austin.

Archived