IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

Will the P&E duo be allowed to sign anyone, or must they wait for the next Manager to be appointed?

As we're now in the second half of the transfer window, I like to think anyone at the club could recommend potential signings and if the Board consider the finances are agreeable, we'd be able to sign them.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think so.  No idea of the truth, but I heard that SL & JL were dining with our future manager in Hotel Du Vin last night???

That would explain their absence from their normal position yesterday. I can't imagine neither of them were at the game as JL is ALWAYS there, usually with his little one. Watching the game from behind mirrored windows /doors possibly?

I was going to say 'is the appointment already agreed or is the new boss already at the club' TBH.

13 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

No,no no. Done nothing since leaving Man Utd. Had his 5 minutes of fame is basically a League 1 player at best. 

Tom Bradshaw please.

I thought he did well at brum. I am sure he has about 1 goal in 2 games ratio in the championship

13 minutes ago, City169 said:

Was there any truth in the rumour 2 players backed out after Cotts was sacked? Could be Macheda was one

Whittingham was the other player, I've heard. 

I don't think the deals are dead yet, just delayed. 

19 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

No,no no. Done nothing since leaving Man Utd. Had his 5 minutes of fame is basically a League 1 player at best. 

Tom Bradshaw please.

I love stuff like this.

Record at Birmingham City:

10 starts, 8 sub appearances, 10 goals.

That is about as far from "nothing" as any striker could ever manage.

Ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I love stuff like this.

Record at Birmingham City:

10 starts, 8 sub appearances, 10 goals.

That is about as far from "nothing" as any striker could ever manage.

Ridiculous.

I love stuff like this - 23 goals in 104 senior appearances as a centre forward = Heskyesque.

This is the type of "has been/never will be" transfer we have been promised we will never get involved in again.

Billy Sharp - 363 senior appearances and 152 goals. Better option for me.

Just a thought on Macheda...

On Friday night, Pearson spoke about how he had frequently brought in Manchester United youth players at his previous clubs, and he believed they tended to provied their young players with an excellent baseline of coaching, and with limited opportunities to break through, they tended to be hungry to play.

Now, realise he's been away from Man U for a while, but as the rumours suggest our potential new manager is aware or okay with us still chasing that lad, would fit the bill.

Realise I'm putting 2+2 together to make a bigger number, but you never can tell with these things.

Perhaps I should be said, 'ask the waiter, he's the Pearson to ask"

Seriously though, I'm only saying what someone else told me, and I suspect they were only passing on rumours.  Don't get your hopes up.  I am not ITK, nor is my mate.....but I would say he knows much more about the inners of Bristol City than I do....."I know nothing".

If true, I doubt father and son were dining in the main restaurant either!, in front of other diners!

4 minutes ago, samo II said:

On Friday night, Pearson spoke about how he had frequently brought in Manchester United youth players at his previous clubs, and he believed they tended to provied their young players with an excellent baseline of coaching, and with limited opportunities to break through, they tended to be hungry to play.

Now, realise he's been away from Man U for a while, but as the rumours suggest our potential new manager is aware or okay with us still chasing that lad, would fit the bill.

Realise I'm putting 2+2 together to make a bigger number, but you never can tell with these things.

I suggest you go and "drink water"! That did make me 'schmeichel':whistle: 

19 minutes ago, samo II said:

your probably doing 2+2 and getting 73 sammo,  but I hope your right!!!

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Come on guys why on earth would we want Billy Sharp? 78 goals in 240 championship games isn't exactly outstanding. He got 5 in 33 in the championship last year in a half decent Leeds side. Wilbraham has that this season. 

But we create 4 or 5 "tap ins" a game with no one there.

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Come on guys why on earth would we want Billy Sharp? 78 goals in 240 championship games isn't exactly outstanding. He got 5 in 33 in the championship last year in a half decent Leeds side. Wilbraham has that this season. 

1 in 3 isn't outstanding?!

we aren't going to get peak Maynard or McCormack so why not?

25 minutes ago, samo II said:

Like your thinking Samo.

Archived