IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

@ciderup - I would agree that's too late. But it's already too late IMO. Sticking with SC as it is gives him one last chance during Jan. West Brom game showed what we can do. Then Preston showed what we do do. (Doo doo! megalols)

If another transfer window goes by with SC in charge and no recruits then for me that would be it. Loan market not ideal but it could easily bring in 3-4 players that could tighten us up and see us through.

Say we keep Cotts, turn it around and stay in the Championship - would we not have the same problem on our hands again in the summer? 

SC is like the frigging Grasshopper in the fable of the Grasshopper and the ants. (The ants toil all summer preparing for winter while the grasshopper takes it easy…..u can guess the rest..ha!)  How ridiculously complacent are our club?  We have a fantastic season setting all sorts of records,and getting rave reviews……. and then we ponce about all summer making unrealistic bids for players who were never gonna come here!  Instead of instigating an in depth analysis of a mixture of young up and coming players and older heads all around the British Isles and the Continent, until our well versed and professional scouting team ( Do they even exist?) find the type of Players who might be tempted to come to a club which has just been promoted in spectacular fashion and is full of optimism and good will (Remember those far off days?) and at realistic prices.  Now SC is complaining that it is proving an impossible task to get players in to a club which is no longer full of good will and brio, but are languishing at the foot of the table with barely enough players to fill a mini van, and are such an unappetising prospect that even unproven 20 year olds turn there noses up and snigger at the very thought of joining us. Well No poop sherlock!!………of course its proving impossible to recruit?  The time to build and advance is when times are good, NOT when you are no longer an attractive proposition to prospective signings. The sheer lack of foresight and forward planning is second rate incompetence at best, and I can't believe that Lansdown applies that sort of short termism to the business that  has turned him into practically a billionaire. What goes on behind the scenes at our beloved club? What was everyone doing in the close season? For certain they weren't making like the ants in the Fable and preparing for winter? But i'm beginning to consider, that if only for his complacency and.lazy forward thinking, that it might be time for our manager to make like that grasshopper?…..Maybe some French striker will appear with his mate Monsieur le Midfielder out of the blue and save the day and we will climb to 17 th place……….but I'm not holding my breath.

18 minutes ago, Tales From The Front said:

But there lies the problem we have always been to far loyal / sentimental as a club.  We shouted Junior , Junior, Junior for more years than was sanely acceptable.  We got to the Playoff final in 2008 and then remained loyal to the players that got us there and then fell away fairly sharpish.  As you say and I wholeheartedly agree, the time to strengthen in is when you are strong, not like now when we are quite frankly desperate.

I read something on here the other day that we would definitely go down if we sacked Cotts but MIGHT stay up if we didn't, what a crazy state of affairs. Until as a club and fan base we are more demanding of the people that represent it we will continue on the familiar spiral of our existence.  It's true, facets of our fan loyalty is a club strength, but when you look at the situation of other clubs in and around the division I can only think that Neil Lennon has a worse record and kept his job, and even then they tried on alleged misconduct that was unproven. 

Like Ward and Johnson before him Cotterill has etched himself in as legend status for getting out of the 3rd tier (all be it with a cherry on top) and for many that will suffice.  Such a shame that the territorial nature of the Robins means any thing less than full unconditional loyalty means that you should F off and watch the G*s.  When periodically (and last Saturday being a prime example) we show what we could be and with a bit more ambition, we could really go just that little bit further. 

I agree. Though there are times when loyalty pays off but in this case I don't think so. Something weird is going on at the club. Owner says one thing and the manager another. Owner makes massive stadium and doesn't pursue making the club stronger in our first season. Maybe too many things are going on with the stadium, the rugby and the football club but the club is a mess at the moment. Maybe SL is being stretched to far. 

Anyway I got off topic a bit. Point is there seems to be a struggle between manager and board and it's costing us on the pitch. I don't think SC will be here after this season whether we stay up or not. It just isn't right at the club. 

5 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

@ciderup - I would agree that's too late. But it's already too late IMO. Sticking with SC as it is gives him one last chance during Jan. West Brom game showed what we can do. Then Preston showed what we do do. (Doo doo! megalols)

If another transfer window goes by with SC in charge and no recruits then for me that would be it. Loan market not ideal but it could easily bring in 3-4 players that could tighten us up and see us through.

Say we keep Cotts, turn it around and stay in the Championship - would we not have the same problem on our hands again in the summer? 

I see no reason to suggest he would turn it round though Fred. 4 wins in 28 (?) suggests he wouldn't.

As it appears the debate has been answered, we had better hold fire.

As a bloke, I hate to see anyone lose their job but as a City fan, I do think it's necessary as there's an obvious issue between SL and SC and there would only be one winner TBH.

On 14/01/2016 at 19:35, GrahamC said:

This is one of the myths that gets repeated ad nauseam on here, we actually finished tenth and tenth again in the following two seasons. Unprecedented this side of 1980.

Unprecedented? You do Jimmy Lumsden a disservice, sir. 9th in 90/91. Tut, tut (but understandable. It's been a tough few days)

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Why is that,thought baldock was doing ok,obviously qpr want jet out the door asap,must have a bad attitude to keep getting bombed by clubs 

He got an injury but I think he's been back a few weeks now, unless it's another one he's picked up.

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Why is that,thought baldock was doing ok,obviously qpr want jet out the door asap,must have a bad attitude to keep getting bombed by clubs 

He didn't get bombed out by us, nor Ipswich.  His contract ran out here, and we swapped him with Anderson when he left Ipswich.  McCarthy quoted as saying 'could be my biggest mistake'.  Running down your contract is the modern footballers prerogative.

No one in their right mind is likely to sign for us until we have a new manager / head coach in place!!

Why would anyone sign for a club with no manager, to then find out that the new man in charge doesn't rate you & you find yourself out of favour again!!

There is unlikely to be any new signings until the head honcho's position is sorted.

4 minutes ago, Shaun Morgan said:

In the sun this morning says Federico Macheda was set to join Bristol city last week before cotts was sacked . And we still want him . 

The first bit was true. Not sure about the second it. 

Also two bids turned down for Bradley Dack. 

2 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

You're mad if you think that. Was brilliant at a Birmingham in this league. 10 in 18. His record for Cardiff isn't even that bad but how can he better that if he ain't playing.

Last season 6 from 21.. not too bad but not brilliant.

This season 0 from 3 .

Injured or fallen out of favour?

He was good but something has gone wrong lately... i think we need more goals at this stage of the season but you never know.

4 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

You're mad if you think that. Was brilliant at a Birmingham in this league. 10 in 18. His record for Cardiff isn't even that bad but how can he better that if he ain't playing.

He's simply awful. 

Don't want him anywhere near our team. 

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

Last season 6 from 21.. not too bad but not brilliant.

This season 0 from 3 .

Injured or fallen out of favour?

He was good but something has gone wrong lately... i think we need more goals at this stage of the season but you never know.

Bit of both I believe mate, was injured for around 10 weeks, hasn't got a look in since aside from 1 start and a few late sub appearances.

20 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Set to sign wiggins for 300k but Wednesday fans think he's garbage. Hope we're not buying more crap on good wages

He's barely started a game for them, and the games he has seems to have been against opposition which includes Boro twice, Newcastle and Stoke away. 

Archived