IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It might be ' unexpected ' for Stockhausen . :fish:

Look, if we tried building Andy up for a change, instead of cutting him down all the time, he would feel ten feet tall (or 10'6" if he writes it up). Let's build up Andy

16 minutes ago, ontariored said:

So are we signing the frenchies !!!    It may be low cost for us. Give em a 60's bicycle, string of onions around there neck, A straw hat and a black and white horizontally striped shirt. magic !

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

Beret, surely !

And probably easier to say black and white hooped shirts.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If there is truth in this and we are spending time chasing this after Gray, Gayle and Clough gate then he has well and truly lost the plot. 

I think that if anything will cause us going down it'll be Cotts' lack of realistic targets in the 2 transfer windows. Our best player (IMO) Kodjia Cotterill probably wasn't even sure about signing. I think we should get the current Angers manager in. 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Allegedly we have been in contact with Lyon, unsure if it's us that have bid today though 

Surely even the most casual observer can see that this makes Gray and Gayle look like realistic targets. More wild goose chasing. We will end up with nothing if this is the sort of player we are going for

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think that if anything will cause us going down it'll be Cotts' lack of realistic targets in the 2 transfer windows. Our best player (IMO) Kodjia Cotterill probably wasn't even sure about signing. I think we should get the current Angers manager in. 

And all their players?!

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I don't see how you can slate Cotterill for being unrealistic then even think we have a chance of getting the Angers manager.

Unless this is a whoosh moment.

44 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not that anyone thought there was much in it, but:

image.png

Beauvue has been chased by Celta Vigo but it does n't look like they can match OL's selling price , i think their Président,  Aulas , is shot stirring to try and get them to come up with more money .

i would be surprised and delighted if the player turned up at Ashton Gate but won't hold my breath , or anyone elses come to that .

7 minutes ago, bcfcbs20 said:

Looks like Wolves are in for him as well according to talk sport.

Is this post copied and pasted after every "player linked with BCFC" thread ???  Or Are Wolves and us employing the same scouts on a Job share scheme?

Even the Slags has signed someone now!

Can someone close to Cotts tell him that we're becoming the laughing stock of English football and if he hasn't got a Plan B to move on quickly.

I've lost it with him now, as much as I love his formation, style of play, what he did for us last season, 'I'm a winner' personality... the fact that he had since last April to develop a team/squad capable of keeping us in the Championship and failed abysmally to achieve that means it's time to move on. 

We clearly have neither a realistic or rational transfer strategy and seemingly, no sense of urgency either.  For **** sake, we can't wait until the end of the transfer window to pick up any scraps from the Championship. Day 1 of the window was time to reveal your signings. You and whoever, ****** up the Summer and Autumn Windows and you're messing this one up as well. 

A message to the Communications Department also, stop him stating the bleeding obvious.... 'the January window is the hardest to get players in', 'we haven't got enough players to rotate' etc..we know that and knew it in the Summer. This kind of stuff just serves to wind supporters up even more. Your tweet that 'Cotts has abandoned hope of signing Clough' about 1 hour ago demonstrates about the same level of incompetence and disrespect of supporters. 

Someone get a grip at the Club FFS! 

It really is hard to work out what is really going on here. We have been categorically told we are not losing out on these players for any money reasons, and from what I've been told about the Gray deal that is true. We are clearly bidding for very good players in Gray, Gayle, Clough etc but they are in no way realistic, especially given our current position and therefore attractiveness to players.

It seems to me that Cotterill's constant reference to not being able to compete etc is a shot at the board, but other comments from SL etc seem to contradict that. From the Cotterill side of things you can't really moan about players but then refuse to (a) use anyone from the U21s to even fill a bench place (b) Not use all members of the squad you have and (c) continue to only identify players that very unrealistic. The time to buy the likes of Dack and Bradshaw was the summer as now we're far from attractive to anyone at the top of League One as we could well swap places. 

Every time I hear Cotts or SL talk they seem to be taking shots at each other's handling of the transfers. If things have broken down to that level then surely he'd be gone by now? What ever the reason though if we don't sign a minimum of four players before the window closes we are drastically undermanned irrespective of their talents. It needs bodies, quality and experience and that costs money, especially in January. Time to look at realistic targets, pay over the odds if necessary and get them in the door. 

We can have our 24 year old policy etc but a fat lot of good that'll do us in league one opening a new ground at home to Rochdale with the Gas with us in that division. These 16 days are as big in this club's recent history as I can remember. We've got to act and we've got to act now.

In my opinion I recon this scenario could have happened in the summer. A fee of about £2.5million was agreed for Harry Maguire in addition a fee of about £4.5million was agreed for Gray. In the case of HM the player had accepted personal terms. Then the holiday season started so SC and KB both left for holiday. Whilst away JP and possibly one other though they could get a better deal for HM so went back and then offered £1.5million the selling team got slightly cross about this and then changed the fee to £4 million. A similar process happened with player AG...............though he hadn't at the time accepted personal terms

Archived