IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

In my post about the recruitment I should have said I'm all behind the philosophy of only recruiting better than what you've got

But sometimes in life you have to compromise even accepting short term stability and this is where the biggest error of all lies with me

With all the signs we wernt going to get gold signings we should have been happy to at least construct a solid squad to be built in when we could

Ridiculous stubbornness IMO

18 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Why are we always focussing on strikers? Sure, we need another tall player so Wilbs can be rested more often but the defence is the main problem. I remember when we got Bikey on loan in January (one of McInness's few good signings) and he more or less transformed the defence overnight with his confidence and leadership qaulities, all our other defenders raised their game as a result and we stayed up. It would be great if we could get a 30+ defender on loan who'd played at the highest level, just what we need now.

It's interesting looking at the 3 clubs promoted from L1, MK play a passing game like us and are having similar problems, look at their forum and their fans are saying similar things to us here whereas PNE are set up as a 'hard to beat' side not worrying about entertainment value. Would our fans be prepared to watch less exciting football if it meant we would stay up? I know I would in the short term, remember when Denis Smith was sacked and Russel Osman took over? The defence was sorted almost immediately and fans liked it at first but got bored after a year or so.

I'm afraid we haven't currently got good enough players to play the passing game/attacking type of football at this level, we could do it in L1 but at this level the other teams just wait for us to make a mistake then race up the other end and score, it's all too easy. Just hope we change something soon before it's too late.

Good post and points and the major priority if I was SC......

An experienced midfield general / enforcer - (a leader is what we are desperate for if he can find one)

Used to despise him but can't help thinking I'd have pushed the boat out and tried for Joey Barton at the time he was available an the way the window was panning out

Hes matured ,was just what we needed as a leader and in middle of pitch

Having said that - not sure our close group (The closeness of which served us generously well last year but I fear may now be working against us - but that's another subject ! ) would have accepted him if I'm honest - maybe therein lies a 'ghost hiding in the cupboard '

3 minutes ago, Robbie_Turner said:

I'm a supporter of SC, but if thats the case, maybe he should leave and let someone take over that can manage on lower budgets.

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Is a statement of "nigh on impossible" an acceptance of relegation or an offer to resign?

i expect today we will be waiting for the loan window.

Or maybe the powers that be could re-visit the budget, seeing as they were so surprised about the wages being paid at this level

They've had since May to do so, I'm guessing they haven't? Maybe they are waiting for Cotts to walk, so as to not pay him up, and use that money to give to the next manager to buy some decent players with experience at this level

Just a thought

Louis Carey on Radio Bristol Tuesday said, none of the players we missed out on was due to fee or wages. I was driving so may have miss heard, but he'd know better than me. 

Second time I've heard this from what you would think were decent sources, not sure what to think with so many contradictory statements coming out of the club.

27 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Louis Carey on Radio Bristol Tuesday said, none of the players we missed out on was due to fee or wages. I was driving so may have miss heard, but he'd know better than me. 

Second time I've heard this from what you would think were decent sources, not sure what to think with so many contradictory statements coming out of the club.

He only said this because of SLs quote. He said he believes what the chairman said. He didn't actually have inside info.

But then you would think he knows the club and chairman well enough to have good reason to believe him.

4 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

I've been informed by someone with links to the Evil Post that Stockhausen has been called to down to AG for an unexpected press conference this avro. Sacking or signing I wonder?!?!?

Or the official opening of the new coffee shop.

9 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

I've been informed by someone with links to the Evil Post that Stockhausen has been called to down to AG for an unexpected press conference this avro. Sacking or signing I wonder?!?!?

Really? I was planning on getting some work done later, once the cricket has finished.....

9 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

To be honest either would be a relief at the moment.

8 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Or maybe he's popping down for the weekly Press Conference  that happens every Thursday before a Saturday game?

Archived