IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

5 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Offer him a contract? Pay him more if he wanted it.

Instead of wasting all season trying to find attacking players when we had one right under our nose. If he rejected the contract, fair enough. But we didn't even attempt to, yet another sign of complacency over the summer that has come back to bite us. And it was evidently going to do so at the time.

He didn't want

7 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Offer him a contract? Pay him more if he wanted it.

Instead of wasting all season trying to find attacking players when we had one right under our nose. If he rejected the contract, fair enough. But we didn't even attempt to, yet another sign of complacency over the summer that has come back to bite us. And it was evidently going to do so at the time.

He didn't want a contract. How many more times?

9 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

May be an obsession but it just seems the club shot itself in the foot to me. Not just with JET, with pretty much everything this season. I wouldn't go on about it all the time if we'd have strengthened the squad in the summer.

He was never ever going to sign a new deal.

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Poor guy, hopefully he can outrun them. 

Well, if he can he would obviously be of no use to us.

We already have a certain Wes Burns who is apparently quite nippy (no Wolves pun intended) and he gets two minutes (if that) once in a blue moon (not a full moon, again to avoid any Wolves connection). 

17 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Well other clubs PNE, Charlton are managing to bring new faces in, so I don't buy it. Just that Cotts seems not to want to consider league 1/2 prospects. Roofe would be a fantastic signing in my book, be very happy with Dack or Moncur, etc, etc... but Cotts wants to chase players that don't want to come here.

Nail hit on head.

11 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

That would be just typical... honestly why oh why can we not get ourselves sorted out, f'ing shambles AGAIN

Anyone got the number for the ******* Samaritans. Would the last person to leave Ashton Gate please turn the lights out.

49 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

I will give you this one for free...... In 'My Opinion' JET did not want to be offered a contract as he was already heading for QPR. He wanted to return to London and it wouldn't have mattered if we had offered him a contract as he would have turned it down, hence why we didn't offer him one.

Finally! Can people now PLEASE stop banging on about JET!

I really don't care about players who won't sign for us,or have signed for another team,when(or if) we actually sign a player and they pull on our shirt then they will get my full backing,as will the current players who at least want to be here.

I know of a manager in an non football role who was struggling with his 'sales' team to achieve anything approaching his annual target. A meeting with his sales director gave him the chance to make redundant those 'not performing' and brining in some replacements. He didn't take the opportunity and at the end of the financial year blamed his sales force for his failure. Just couldn't take th8e risk of putting another team in place and still failing. Some people are petrified of failure more than they desire success.

From the interview, it seems we have two injury concerns one doubtful and one who will perhaps make the bench, who on Tuesday contained our whole squad.

Last year we were all laughing at Blackpool, we seem to be getting in a very similar position.

For what it's worth I believe the problems are exactly a year old, the time to have started to prepare for life in the championship was last January's window, when the clubs stock was high, who realistically wouldn't have wanted to come here then? and then finished the job off in the summer, but the combination of a 'now' cautious owner and a manager who wanted to stay loyal to his squad and a complete summer **** up has left us in this position and I believe given our situation we are going to struggle to get any quality in during this window, we are beginning to need a miracle.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

For what it's worth I believe the problems are exactly a year old, the time to have started to prepare for life in the championship was last January's window, when the clubs stock was high, who realistically wouldn't have wanted to come here then? and then finished the job off in the summer, but the combination of a 'now' cautious owner and a manager who wanted to stay loyal to his squad and a complete summer **** up has left us in this position and I believe given our situation we are going to struggle to get any quality in during this window, we are beginning to need a miracle.

Agree 100%. I've said previously we were in a unique position. When did we get promoted at Bradford last year wasn't it April ? We've had longer than any other promoted team to plan for the season ahead. We were relatively speaking a successful team last year , and would have been far more of an attractive proposition to players than we currently are. The fact we didn't take advantage of that is ridiculous. We were stalking round for players at the end of the last window and ended up signing players on loan who in the managers view didn't improve the starting 11. Unfortunately, were going to be in the sane position again , at the end of this window desperately trying to get players in on loan who in all likelihood will just be sat on the bench !! Whether it's SC, KB or any member of the board, firstly the club deserves much better, so do the players and so do the fans. We're currently an embarrassment and every knock back reforces that view 

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Totally agree. Not one signing in January 2015. Kodjia is our only permanent signing (that hasn't pissed off Mark Little) since July 2014!

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

There has to be at least a pool of 150 players we could pick from in this transfer window (if you include our league and the leagues below that may also have suitable talent.

Can it really be so hard to sign 4 or 5 of these guys?

What sign anybody out of 150 players?, yep I can just see the fall out when we discover how poor these 4 or 5 actually are.

As difficult as it is we still have to go for quality and not just numbers.

The bottom line is simple IMHO, SC now has little option either pay the clubs asking prices and pay higher wages with guaranteed escape clauses if we are relegated or be relegated anyway.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What sign anybody out of 150 players?, yep I can just see the fall out when we discover how poor these 4 or 5 actually are.

As difficult as it is we still have to go for quality and not just numbers.

The bottom line is simple IMHO, SC now has little option either pay the clubs asking prices and pay higher wages with guaranteed escape clauses if we are relegated or be relegated anyway.

He could also leave, that's another option. 

4 minutes ago, daored said:

Agree 100%. I've said previously we were in a unique position. When did we get promoted at Bradford last year wasn't it April ? We've had longer than any other promoted team to plan for the season ahead. We were relatively speaking a successful team last year , and would have been far more of an attractive proposition to players than we currently are. The fact we didn't take advantage of that is ridiculous. We were stalking round for players at the end of the last window and ended up signing players on loan who in the managers view didn't improve the starting 11. Unfortunately, were going to be in the sane position again , at the end of this window desperately trying to get players in on loan who in all likelihood will just be sat on the bench !! Whether it's SC, KB or any member of the board, firstly the club deserves much better, so do the players and so do the fans. We're currently an embarrassment and every knock back reforces that view 

Well said. To have got promoted as early as we did and have the summer we had with signings (or lack of) is absolutely ridiculous. What's worrying is for me, we need at least 6 new signings and I think we know that isn't going to happen.

Cotts has looked totally fed up with the transfer situation since the beginning of the season.  He's said nothing positive about signing new players and nothing to motivate the current players. If this was a non football job his boss would have a quiet chat with him and suggests that he either changes his attitude or leaves.  I don't believe Cotts wants to be here any more, but  hasn't resigned for one reason - money. If he resigns he gets nothing.  If he's sacked he gets compensation. If / when he's sacked he can blame everyone but himself

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Cotts has looked totally fed up with the transfer situation since the beginning of the season.  He's said nothing positive about signing new players and nothing to motivate the current players. If this was a non football job his boss would have a quiet chat with him and suggests that he either changes his attitude or leaves.  I don't believe Cotts wants to be here any more, but  hasn't resigned for one reason - money. If he resigns he gets nothing.  If he's sacked he gets compensation. If / when he's sacked he will blame everyone but himself

Corrected for you.

Archived