IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

1 minute ago, City169 said:

The same account that had the flint rumour is saying hull and derby are after Kodjia, supposedly rated at 6m

Derby just bought Blackman, why would they want another striker? 

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don't know really, find how players are valued by clubs fairly confusing.

What I do know is that you don't rate him and seem to have a bit of an agenda though.

Plenty of posters criticise players on here. I'm no different. Maybe I'm just happy not to swim with the tide and be a bit more honest in my views on this player. 

1 minute ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Plenty of posters criticise players on here. I'm no different. Maybe I'm just happy not to swim with the tide and be a bit more honest in my views on this player. 

Which is, of course, fine. My problem is with your posts about Kodjia is they feel a bit personal with that nickname; needless in my opinion. 

22 hours ago, 22A said:
22 hours ago, 22A said:
22 hours ago, 22A said:

Connor Washington has already scored 14 goals this season for P'boro'.

P'boro' have announced they need to sell him due to their low attendances, but have turned down three bids for the player from Championship clubs. The latest bid was three million today from Reading. A club spokesman on tonight's local news hinted he may not play tomorrow so won't be injured or cup tied should a big offer come in for him.

P'boro' have announced they need to sell him due to their low attendances, but have turned down three bids for the player from Championship clubs. The latest bid was three million today from Reading. A club spokesman on tonight's local news hinted he may not play tomorrow so won't be injured or cup tied should a big offer come in for him.

So much for that then; CW is playing today and has scored (again).

34 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Which is, of course, fine. My problem is with your posts about Kodjia is they feel a bit personal with that nickname; needless in my opinion. 

I've seen and heard plenty worse about our players over the years. Not sure why me using a nickname I heard at AG and found mildly amusing gives you a problem. Don't let it bother you buddy.

Not a rumour or anything like that, so not sure I'm posting on the right thread, but, I'm just wondering whether we as fans are setting our expectations at too high a level.

Even me, myself (!) has suggested we go after managers like Allardyce and Pearson and I've highlighted players like Joe Cole, Shola Ameobi, Kevin Nolan, Carlton Cole, Joey Barton etc etc as players we should have looked at. 

Perhaps we should take a step back and realise our four seasons at the top level back in the late seventies don't make us a very attractive footballing proposition to many modern players and managers?

Upon reflection I think we need to offer managers and players a real step up and a chance to prove themselves. 

What about the guy Padraig Amond at Grimsby Town? He's scored 23 goals already this season including 16 in his last 14 games.

With a record like that surely he is proving he is too good for the level he's at - he would bust a gut to impress if we took a chance on him?

And if we ever need a new manager soon, what about Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe? Played at the top level and he's at a club that has featured in a few semi finals of major cup competitions and he has a 41% win ratio record at Wycombe as manager.

And just look at the list of former Wycombe managers, that club is a real breeding ground for good managers - ex managers include: 

Alan Smith (the one who went on to manage Palace not the ex Arsenal striker!)

John Gregory

Martin O'Neill

Lawrie Sanchez

Paul Lambert

Peter Taylor

So, despite my previous 'delusions of grandeur' posts with regards to potential signings and a new manager, perhaps we should go back to basics and get the hungry guys?!

3 minutes ago, ciderup said:

According to the Bolton forum, a Championship club are in for Darren Pratley. I wonder if that could be us as he's just what we need IMHO? A classy, experienced sitting midfielder.

I thought that too. However many many Bolton fans are hoping he will go, and would drive him to the next club themselves! I'm guessing he isn't the classy player he was at Swansea?

Archived