IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

1 minute ago, Collis1 said:

I thought I had seen it all on this wacky forum; but tweeting a players Dad for information really takes the biscuit.

Well done BCFC Jordan, take your place in the 'special' hall of fame with the bloke who thought Tony Rougier and Anthony Rougier were two different people.

To be fair, Jordan isn't the only person doing it and his tweet to Clough's dad wasn't even that bad. Correct me if I'm wrong Jordan but I don't think you're exactly 30 years old.. There are full grown men, possibly a similar age to ZC's dad, tweeting him begging Clough to join.

Not my bag at all, not like it'll sway his decision, but there are people who are easily old enough to know better who are tweeting Clough's dad AND his young girlfriend! 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

To be fair, Jordan isn't the only person doing it and his tweet to Clough's dad wasn't even that bad. Correct me if I'm wrong Jordan but I don't think you're exactly 30 years old.. There are full grown men, possibly a similar age to ZC's dad, tweeting him begging Clough to join.

Not my bag at all, not like it'll sway his decision, but there are people who are easily old enough to know better who are tweeting Clough's dad AND his young girlfriend! 

Fair enough. If Jordan is a young un I will let him off. 

Now who is Anthony Rougier? Is he related to Tony Rougier?

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Once again I'm amazed by the response to it all. I didn't beg for anything, I went onto his twitter after seeing some of his likes/replies posted on here and said I'm not sure if he's teasing us or not. He then chose to follow me and sent me a message of his own accord. It feels like I'm going crazy because I really don't see what I have done wrong in some people's eyes. As you say, the guy was being inundated with messages begging him to come to us. He probably replied to me because it wasn't that sort of message.

I'm 21, not that it really makes a difference. Just feel like I've gone mad after waking up this morning to the abuse on here.

5 minutes ago, bcfcbs20 said:

Or Bolton knowing we're the only team to bid for him (2m) make it public we've bid 3m and hope someone else comes in with a bigger bid.

If you know Bolton have accepted £2m, and are desperate for cash why would you offer more? I'd offer less, they must be twitching like a rabbits nose by now

Just now, BCFC Jordan said:

Once again I'm amazed by the response to it all. I didn't beg for anything, I went onto his twitter after seeing some of his likes/replies posted on here and said I'm not sure if he's teasing us or not. He then chose to follow me and sent me a message of his own accord. It feels like I'm going crazy because I really don't see what I have done wrong in some people's eyes. As you say, the guy was being inundanted with messages begging him to come to us. He probably replied to me because it wasn't that sort of message.

I'm 21, not that it really makes a difference. Just feel like I've gone mad after waking up this morning to the abuse on here.

Yeah, real overreaction based on what you've said which was totally reasonable. Some of the things our fans have said have made me feel embarrassed. If anything, cockblocking Bristol City! 

1 minute ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Once again I'm amazed by the response to it all. I didn't beg for anything, I went onto his twitter after seeing some of his likes/replies posted on here and said I'm not sure if he's teasing us or not. He then chose to follow me and sent me a message of his own accord. It feels like I'm going crazy because I really don't see what I have done wrong in some people's eyes. As you say, the guy was being inundanted with messages begging him to come to us. He probably replied to me because it wasn't that sort of message.

Ignore the abuse and haters mate, fair play to you I say for sharing what happened on Twitter.

14 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

This ^^ If we see his name on the Bolton team sheet tonight, this thread an go in the bin.

TEAM NEWS

Wednesday striker Fernando Forestieri faces a late test on a muscle strain, as does keeper Kieren Westwood. Joe Wildsmith stands by to cover Westwood.

On-loan striker Gary Hooper may play, despite being only a few days away from returning to parent club Norwich City.

Bolton boss Neil Lennon expects Mark Davies and Zach Clough to be missing as the pair are set to join other clubs.

Emile Heskey (calf), and Prince-Desir Gouano, who has picked up a knock, are expected to be unavailable.

Staying out the bin at the moment !!!!!!

The Bolton News is reporting that Josh Vela bid accepted from Cardiff and that they could cash in before Clough and Davies as they want him in before the weekend, which makes it sound like this could drag. Goes on to say that Clough and Davies are almost certain not to start with moves on the cards. Again it simply mentions that it is thought Clough is reluctant to go. I don't think there is any issue with wages. I think it's just a combo of our league position and the fact it's his boyhood club he'd be leaving, which he must be gutted about.

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Someone somewhere says part of the deal is us buying him a house! When did this become a "thing" - 

Allegedly we have been buying up loads of property lately so shouldn't be a problem - he could sleep in the Dreams showroom.

1 minute ago, Mad Cyril said:

Allegedly we have been buying up loads of property lately so shouldn't be a problem - he could sleep in the Dreams showroom.

The one that's empty? What self respecting northerner could turn that down? Plenty of space for his whippet to run around in. 

These posts are all becoming a sign of desperation from BCFC fans. It aint that bad. Tweeting his family and friends - really poor show and makes us look mickey mouse.....

The facts,

1. We are the only team to have had a bid accepted. He has met with us, done a medical and terms have been proposed. He has gone back to Bolton to think about it and probably to say his goodbyes. Hard for the lad because he is Bolton supporter and the move has come out of the blue for him. 

2. Davies move to Weds is off because of his wage demands. No real surprise there as he is on a lucrative contract. If Bolton go under he can walk away for free and make more £. He is not obliged to move. Clough, I suspect it not that way inclined, he loves the club and would not want them liquidated if he can save them by being sold to us or any other team. 

3. If they do not sell Clough now - Bolton will face a winding up petition on Monday. They dont have the money to pay for the costs of administration unless they sell players. Vela's sale is not enough. Administration buys them some time. They are up XXXX creek and may go into liquidation. 

4. Clough has only had 1 day or so to think about it and we will know this evening IMO. BCFC are not going to wait around either. 

He will either reject us later today or appear at tonight's game with it then being formally announced by the club.  If we dont get a resolution of some form today he wont be coming to BCFC IMO. Now lets move on and get some perspective....

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

Bookies usually know what's going on, they lose money if they're wrong. We're 4/7 with SkyBet, Wolves 13/8 the rest nowhere

http://www.skybet.com/football/transfer-specials/event/18773062

No. Being a bookmaker is a science. Their odds merely reflect betting patterns. The odds aren't yet shirt enough to suggest they know anything. 

4/7 only means more people have bet on city than anyone else. If the odds were 1/16, then you could read something into it. 

14 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Someone somewhere says part of the deal is us buying him a house! When did this become a "thing" - surely we bung him a tidy little signing on fee and he does with it as he pleases!

I'm calling this one as dead in the water now.

Is that tax efficient for him or us?

7 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

These posts are all becoming a sign of desperation from BCFC fans. It aint that bad. Tweeting his family and friends - really poor show and makes us look mickey mouse.....

It does, albeit the number of tweets to family will only increase the bigger the club is.  If it was Man Utd they'd have to close their twitter accounts.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

No. Being a bookmaker is a science. Their odds merely reflect betting patterns. The odds aren't yet shirt enough to suggest they know anything. 

4/7 only means more people have bet on city than anyone else. If the odds were 1/16, then you could read something into it. 

I still think it's a good indicator. Sure, betting patterns influence the odds but bookies also make sure they're ahead of the game with inside information. If it was a 2-horse race at the track at 4-7 we'd be pretty sure to win, although agreed not certainties yet.

15 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Someone somewhere says part of the deal is us buying him a house! When did this become a "thing" - surely we bung him a tidy little signing on fee and he does with it as he pleases!

I'm calling this one as dead in the water now.

The lack of a Bristol Sport racing pigeon team has thrown a Hovis in the works.

Just now, ashton_fan said:

I still think it's a good indicator. Sure, betting patterns influence the odds but bookies also make sure they're ahead of the game with inside information. If it was a 2-horse race at the track at 4-7 we'd be pretty sure to win, although agreed not certainties yet.

And if Zach himself doesn't yet know, how the hell would the bookies?!!!

9 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

The facts,

1. We are the only team to have had a bid accepted. He has met with us, done a medical and terms have been proposed. He has gone back to Bolton to think about it and probably to say his goodbyes. Hard for the lad because he is Bolton supporter and the move has come out of the blue for him. 

2. Davies move to Weds is off because of his wage demands. No real surprise there as he is on a lucrative contract. If Bolton go under he can walk away for free and make more £. He is not obliged to move. Clough, I suspect it not that way inclined, he loves the club and would not want them liquidated if he can save them by being sold to us or any other team. 

3. If they do not sell Clough now - Bolton will face a winding up petition on Monday. They dont have the money to pay for the costs of administration unless they sell players. Vela's sale is not enough. Administration buys them some time. They are up XXXX creek and may go into liquidation. 

4. Clough has only had 1 day or so to think about it and we will know this evening IMO. BCFC are not going to wait around either. 

He will either reject us later today or appear at tonight's game with it then being formally announced by the club.  If we dont get a resolution of some form today he wont be coming to BCFC IMO. Now lets move on and get some perspective....

Is he a Bolton fan? I get the impression his Dad is a Bolton 'fan' now, but grew up as a Man City fan? Maybe young Zac is a City fan too (unfortunately not Bristol)

34 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Once again I'm amazed by the response to it all. I didn't beg for anything, I went onto his twitter after seeing some of his likes/replies posted on here and said I'm not sure if he's teasing us or not. He then chose to follow me and sent me a message of his own accord. It feels like I'm going crazy because I really don't see what I have done wrong in some people's eyes. As you say, the guy was being inundated with messages begging him to come to us. He probably replied to me because it wasn't that sort of message.

Ignore it Jordan

Im not into Twitter etc at all but surely people who make it clear who they are on Twitter (In this case Zak Clughs Dad) can expect some tweets here and there (Isn't that the whole idea of Twitter ?) and your short dialogue with him is relevant and extremely respectful and polite which reflects very well on you and some City fans at least

As I said Twitter etc not my cup of tea at all but I can't see you've done anything wrong at all - portrayed yourself very well IMO

You appear to be a very enthusiastic City fan - now there's a crime

Dont listen to individuals in the life journey - as long as you're happy with what you're doing and not offending anyone - enjoy

Archived