IGNORED

Zach clough

Cobby the red

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

If it's a house in Guernsey I'd say tax efficient - if it's one of those new flats next to the Honeypot maybe less so . . . 

Just rent him a terrace in Withywood.  Tell him its a lovely place and that ink will be dry before 2pm today.

1 minute ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Maybe it's just me, but the public declaration of how impressive BCFC is sounds like a precursor to letting us down gently 

I think so too.  Similar to "Thanks Mr Smith.  You really impressed us in that job interview, but on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.  We'll keep your details on file"

2 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Maybe it's just me, but the public declaration of how impressive BCFC is sounds like a precursor to letting us down gently 

Personally, I just can't see it happening now that such a length of time has passed. If he's gone back up north, I can't see him suddenly having a lightbulb moment where he has an urge to sign for us. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'd be more shocked to see him sign than not.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

The lad is probably resigned to the fact he'll be moving on, and his agent is probably busy trying to drum up interest from other clubs - if they don't, he'll sign and if the agent does manage to get another club to table an acceptable bid and it suits the fella more, he'll sign for them.

Do you think if he does sign for another club, that he'll still buy that row of houses in Withywood? 

11 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I think so too.  Similar to "Thanks Mr Smith.  You really impressed us in that job interview, but on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.  We'll keep your details on file"

Wow. It would have been nice for you to tell me privately rather than announce it on a public forum...

6 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Do you think if he does sign for another club, that he'll still buy that row of houses in Withywood? 

He takes his proper advice from retired footballer Peter Withe. And if Peter says it's a good idea, he'd do it.

Basically, Peter Withe-wood, then so would Zach.

#Laboured

I do get the fact that this is a big move for a young lad, but we've got to remember that this is a professional business and if he isn't going to join us, we need a quick answer so we can move on and try and buy someone else.

Maybe City should twist the knife a little and say that for every day that passes, the transfer fee on offer will decline by £100,000 (or something along those lines)

I get the impression that Bolton and playing for time, and Clough is playing for time as well, so the more pressure we can apply, the better.

On the flip side, I remember the Joey Beauchamp transfer saga where he got homesick for Oxford !! So it's not always a simple choice for some.

Just now, beaverface said:

I do get the fact that this is a big move for a young lad, but we've got to remember that this is a professional business and if he isn't going to join us, we need a quick answer so we can move on and try and buy someone else.

Maybe City should twist the knife a little and say that for every day that passes, the transfer fee on offer will decline by £100,000 (or something along those lines)

I get the impression that Bolton and playing for time, and Clough is playing for time as well, so the more pressure we can apply, the better.

On the flip side, I remember the Joey Beauchamp transfer saga where he got homesick for Oxford !! So it's not always a simple choice for some.

Bolton playing for time by accepting the bid last weekend..  Not sure how you get to that conclusion.

14 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Personally, I just can't see it happening now that such a length of time has passed. If he's gone back up north, I can't see him suddenly having a lightbulb moment where he has an urge to sign for us. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'd be more shocked to see him sign than not.

@TETBURY MASSIVE liked this so I would be inclined to agree with you. Nothing heard by now isn't good, and the club aren't exactly going to put a press release out saying he has turned us down!

Let's hope we have others lined up and have started work on those, it is clear that we put a good offer on the table so there's no reason why we can't do that for another player who may be more interested in the move.

If nothing is heard by kick off tonight I would expect Cotts to mention it in his interview after the game, let's hope we get a decent result so he feels happy to divulge!!

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bolton playing for time by accepting the bid last weekend..  Not sure how you get to that conclusion.

Yeh, I wasn't too clear was I ?!!

What I mean is, we want Bolton to apply a little more pressure from their end, so if they know they're going to start losing transfer funds because it's being dragged out, they may encourage him to make a decision sooner rather than later.

3 hours ago, BCFC Jordan said:

He direct messaged me, not the other way around. So not exactly sure how that equates to stalking? But thanks for your judgmental comment. You continue to attempt to track down where posters are coming from, but call me a stalker?

Fed up of snidey little remarks just because I receieved a DM over twitter so I will post it because of that. There isn't anything ground breaking in it, but because it was private I didn't really want to. Can't be bothered with the all the snide little remarks any longer.

Hopefully he doesn't mind me posting.

MjHzE5e.png

Calm down dear, the picture I uploaded was a location demographic from google anaylitics.  Hardly stalking. IP's have always had a location attached to them since the begining of the internet (well, IPV4 anyway)

I'm just personally of the opinion we'd all be better off leaving the discussions between the player and his family to the club and its officials. You cannot come on to this forum, of all places, and say you've had a DM conversation with his father and not expect some of the comments you had. Perhaps next time just keep it to yourself.

35 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

By the way this is not the clubs fault if this doesn't happened. Most money put up, wages based on FFP offered. Nothing else you can do.

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

Calm down dear, the picture I uploaded was a location demographic from google anaylitics.  Hardly stalking. IP's have always had a location attached to them since the begining of the internet (well, IPV4 anyway)

I'm just personally of the opinion we'd all be better off leaving the discussions between the player and his family to the club and its officials.

Still not nice to wake up and find yourself unnceccessarily branded a stalker when it was the other person that initated the conversation. It's not as if I'm involved with discussions in the deal is it? It is all between the players, managers and officials - I never claimed otherwise. Once again, he chose to message me!

You can say calm down dear, but it's not nice to be labelled a stalker. You inexplicably shut down a whole website before for seemingly being in a bad mood, so you're not in the best position to be making patronising comments like that.

1 minute ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Still not nice to wake up and find yourself unnceccessarily branded a stalker when it was the other person that initated the conversation. It's not as if I'm involved with discussions in the deal is it? It is all between the players, managers and officials - I never claimed otherwise. Once again, he chose to message me!

Didn't you 'tweet' him first though? :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Redman91bcfc said:

Didn't you 'tweet' him first though? :ph34r:

Yes, not expecting a reply, just passing on my thoughts. As did numerous others. I didn't beg or anything like that, simply said I'm not sure if he's teasing us. It was his choice to follow and message me, which he didn't do with anyone else. Can't be bothered with this any longer, never seen such a palaver over something so insignificant.

2 hours ago, Fatalist said:

Garita is the same age (20) and has come to us from another country. He seems happy enough. At least Clough speaks the same language as the rest of the team (well more or less). Anyway, Frankie is from Blackburn, so he can translate if necessary. So come on Zach, we won't eat you!

Maybe he won't get 'eaten',but if he takes half an hour to have a nose at this forum he may well be seen running for the hills screaming all the way!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Yes, not expecting a reply, just passing on my thoughts. As did numerous others. It was his choice to follow and message me, which he didn't do with anyone else. Can't be bothered with this any longer, never seen such a palaver over something so insignificant.

Don't worry fella. Some people's egos on this forum!

6 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Yes, not expecting a reply, just passing on my thoughts. As did numerous others. I didn't beg or anything like that, simply said I'm not sure if he's teasing us. It was his choice to follow and message me, which he didn't do with anyone else. Can't be bothered with this any longer, never seen such a palaver over something so insignificant.

Don't let it get to you kid, you've explained yourself enough, if it don't sink in that's their problem......

6 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

I think that's fair enough.  With this modern day twitter thing, I don't think the odd message/tweet is the issue, its the potential avalanche from all and sundry where the issues might arise.  Not the fault of any one individual necessarily, yet impossible to control or manage its effect.

11 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Well don't come on here and brag about it in the first place. As I say, what did you expect, you know as much as me what this place is like. Now you might understand why it can put me in a bad mood.. you ever had people come and knock on your door or calling you a slag at football matches? That's what I and others on the mod/admin team have had to put up with in the past.

Archived