IGNORED

We are worse under Johnson....

Andy082005

On 8 March 2016 at 22:11, Andy082005 said:

Appointing Lee Johnson was a huge, huge mistake. I've watched enough football down the years to know this team has relegation written all over it. Truely woeful from City and if we go down...I've said it before, will be no more then Lansdown deserves.

Did you read it wrong or do you still think we are doomed?

On 3/8/2016 at 22:11, Andy082005 said:

Sorry but that was pathetic. The worst Wolves team I have ever seen and we could barely string a pass together.

Absolutely no ideas whatsoever on how to break a team down. Our play was pointless and aimless. We created nothing apart from the goal. 

Can't cross a ball to save their lives. Pretty much every cross was scuffed or put straight into the keepers hands. 

In the final third we really are dreadful and the fact we have not bought in a striker is pure negligence  and incompetence.

Bryan, Kodjia, Pack...awful. Wagstaff starting = laughable. Freeman....speechless.

Most worrying thing is the team spirit seems totally gone. Weak and soft....just like our manager was as a player.

Appointing Lee Johnson was a huge, huge mistake. I've watched enough football down the years to know this team has relegation written all over it. Truely woeful from City and if we go down...I've said it before, will be no more then Lansdown deserves.

On 3/8/2016 at 22:11, Andy082005 said:

Clueless. Honestly this post should be pinned at the top.

3 minutes ago, leylandsroad said:

Clueless. Honestly this post should be pinned at the top.

With hindsight you're right, of course, but then hindsight is a marvellous thing.  On one aspect Andy 082005 was quite right: we were absolutely clueless against Wolves.  I think the poster could be forgiven for getting the rest wrong.

On 15/03/2016 at 14:43, Port Said Red said:

I keep seeing this, 'yes man' in what respect? Do you think SL is picking the team? telling him who to sign? deciding tactics?  all of these things? He has never shown any inclination to do any of these things before, so why do people think it was important for him to sign a 'yes man' this time around?

I think most companies like a yes man. My company is full of them. Do what the money people tell you, or get out

18 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Did you read it wrong or do you still think we are doomed?

Still a lot of football to be played. The Bolton win was fantastic....and we played very well, but Bolton put in one of the most gutless performances I have ever seen on a football pitch .

22 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think most companies like a yes man. My company is full of them. Do what the money people tell you, or get out

So a 'yes' man is someone that will only spend what is made available to him? I'd like to see a manager try and spend more!

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

As today has proved....still a long way to go and anyone who thinks we are anywhere near safety, is deluded 

Still 6 points clear of relegation zone with one game less. If anything I'd disagree.

11 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

As today has proved....still a long way to go and anyone who thinks we are anywhere near safety, is deluded 

We are a lot nearer safety now and look increasingly likely to stay up. Still early days for LJ but a win record of 55% since taking over seriously calls your judgement into question in my opinion. 

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We're not safe yet, but we are near safety. Am I deluded?

Not deluded. Kind of how I feel at the moment. Two wins should do it. The last dozen or so games gave shown we can play enough good stuff to pick that up. We should pick that up. Will just be happier when we have picked that up.

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Not deluded. Kind of how I feel at the moment. Two wins should do it. The last dozen or so games gave shown we can play enough good stuff to pick that up. We should pick that up. Will just be happier when we have picked that up.

With MK Dons v Fulham today was always a 'c'est la vie' - a free spin. Didn't go our way but I tell you what, if you'd offered me 0-4 and 1-0 on Tuesday at noon I'd have taken it. 

No, we're not safe. But two months ago, when LJ took over after Charlton, we were 3 points clear of the drop and 20th pos with 16 games to go. Now we are 6 clear with 7 to play and 19th. So we are better off than two months ago. Since Cotts left, we have been winning or losing, rather than drawing and losing. Two more wins might do it, 3 surely will?

5 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Another game gone and no nearer the drop? So we are technically in a better position than before kickoff, hey ho, let's ignore facts though.

42 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

You're back!

I'm delighted to say it. I'm deluded.

I'm also confident we're safe.

Now if SC was still here........

I'm back? Feel free to look at your posting history . I never left. 

And I certainly agree about your SC comment...I think we would have been pretty much down by now if he had stayed on 

11 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

No, we're not safe. But two months ago, when LJ took over after Charlton, we were 3 points clear of the drop and 20th pos with 16 games to go. Now we are 6 clear with 7 to play and 19th. So we are better off than two months ago. Since Cotts left, we have been winning or losing, rather than drawing and losing. Two more wins might do it, 3 surely will?

I would still argue that we'd have lost 0-4 at Hull under Cotterill, so the lack of improvement there is disappointing

We have no idea if Warnock could have done better.  At the stage of the season these two managers came in they had to go with what they inherited, and we know there was a lot to do at City, tactical changes especially.

What we do know is that persisting with SC was statistically relegation form, and what we do know about LJ is that if he had arrived before Christmas, as some of us argued at the time that what we needed was a change at the top, then we would be mid table and safe by now.

If we are relegated, which I don't think we will be, then at least the infra structure of the club is excellent, and I doubt Rotherham are anywhere near where we are in terms of preparation for next season, whatever division we find ourselves in.

Bounce and Believe.

Archived