IGNORED

We are worse under Johnson....

Andy082005

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

LJ could have gone to Wembley , possibly got promotion and we'd know what division we'd be in for the following season.

I half think LJ was taken on because he has a reasonably good record in League 1 .

If we go down he could be the man to relaunch the club .

Thanks for that cheery scenario.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I give you, Tinnion, Coppell, Millen, Mcinnes and SOD.

People are airing their opinions, calling them ignorant or deluded because they don't match your or other peoples opinions adds nothing to the debate.

As with most things in life my stance is somewhat in the middle, I have a lot of time for SL and fully appreciate his vision and what he is achieving for our club, however anybody can see sometimes (especially in his choice of manager) he has been found wanting and for once he had wiggle room in as much as he could have left Pemberton and Elliott in charge, there was no rush to appoint a new man, they were doing fine.

Choosing a new manager is always a gamble, probably 90% of managers 'fail' and get sacked so it's easy to name those names. That's football and BCFC are not alone in this.

I'm not calling people ignorant because they don't agree with me. But opinions not based upon fact but speculation can be described as ignorant. 

I guess it comes down to expectations, we all have different expectations from the club and they will inform our judgement of how we progress.

I don't expect City to get promoted, although I'd love us too. I look at clubs like Villa and think if they can't survive in the prem, how can we. 

What I see is a club making progression, the stadium for example, trying to survive in this debt ridden, greedy world of football, in possibly one of the most competitive leagues in the world. My expectations are realistic, and low. Survival and slow progression. Others seem to expect more which is fine, but it will only end in disappointment and resentment for them. 

44 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Yes of course, but do not confuse having a view on whether LJ will be a success with wanting him to be a success and whether he should be supported - of course he should be.

Exactly I spy just a little hypocrisy, the view I have about LJ is the same that I had about SC, he has to convince me and SC won me around, sadly some never changed their view about SC from day one, but being unconvinced by LJ is somehow disloyal.

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Choosing a new manager is always a gamble, probably 90% of managers 'fail' and get sacked so it's easy to name those names. That's football and BCFC are not alone in this.

I'm not calling people ignorant because they don't agree with me. But opinions not based upon fact but speculation can be described as ignorant. 

I guess it comes down to expectations, we all have different expectations from the club and they will inform our judgement of how we progress.

I don't expect City to get promoted, although I'd love us too. I look at clubs like Villa and think if they can't survive in the prem, how can we. 

What I see is a club making progression, the stadium for example, trying to survive in this debt ridden, greedy world of football, in possibly one of the most competitive leagues in the world. My expectations are realistic, and low. Survival and slow progression. Others seem to expect more which is fine, but it will only end in disappointment and resentment for them. 

I don't know how old you are but I have been a City fan for 58 years, I am a Bedminster boy it's in my blood, I suspect my expectations are probably a little bit more grounded than yours and most on this forum, I took my son to games in the old first division but I taught him even at that early age after good home wins "enjoy today son, it was a great day, a great game, a great performance and a great result, savour it because being a BCFC fan will give you more shitty days than days like this", that is my BCFC philosophy and always will be.

I will have been married to Mrs Bung for 44 years at the end of this month and on our 40th anniversary at a party I gave a little speech and I said "of course on the night that we met had she told me her and her family were gasheads, we wouldn't be here now celebrating 40 years of marriage", people laughed, guess what I wasn't joking.

The difference that I can see is that people who are unconvinced 'at the moment' by the appointment of LJ are somehow disloyal but those who were unconvinced by the appointment of SC and remained so were OK.

54 minutes ago, NickJ said:

What a series of bizarre comments.

Bizarre? Unnecessary comment, but as I've said before talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. 

Most obviously the people running the club can make a more informed judgment - but are you suggesting that nobody else can have a view? If not, what?

I'll repeat what I've said already, I know I often have to repeat things for you. Everyone can have an opinion. But you've said yourself the decision to appoint LJ was illogical because in your opinion he won't succeed. Can you not see how flawed your argument is?!? The boards opinion is not the same as yours. The think he could succeed. Pretty logical? 

So the boards 'opinion', based upon actually knowing and speaking to him is he can take us forward. Your opinion that he cannot is based on your gut feeling, having never met or seen the guy. Who is more qualified to comment on LJ's ability to take the club forwards? Of course have an opinion, but if it's one that is based on nothing expect on an open forum to be challenged. You have a problem with me challenging your opinion on the open forum that you speak about?

Who has suggested the decision was not made with the clubs best interests at heart?

Where have I said there is a conspiracy?

I can't quote you in this, but you and I and many others know you're vocal in your criticism of the board and were particularly interested in the 'rumours' surrounding the summer recruitment. 

48 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I don't know how old you are but I have been a City fan for 58 years, I am a Bedminster boy it's in my blood, I suspect my expectations are probably a little bit more grounded than yours and most on this forum, I took my son to games in the old first division but I taught him even at that early age after good home wins "enjoy today son, it was a great day, a great game, a great performance and a great result, savour it because being a BCFC fan will give you more shitty days than days like this", that is my BCFC philosophy and always will be.

I will have been married to Mrs Bung for 44 years at the end of this month and on our 40th anniversary at a party I gave a little speech and I said "of course on the night that we met had she told me her and her family were gasheads, we wouldn't be here now celebrating 40 years of marriage", people laughed, guess what I wasn't joking.

The difference that I can see is that people who are unconvinced 'at the moment' by the appointment of LJ are somehow disloyal but those who were unconvinced by the appointment of SC and remained so were OK.

So we're of the same opinion then. I've had a lifetime of frustration (over 30 years, but who's counting) and disappointment following City, my Dad took me to games, his father before him. It's in our blood. 

I don't know what your referring to about loyalty, I haven't read that not have I personally suggested anyone is disloyal. I couldn't care less about SC and what has been. I was neither in nor out of his camp, but I called for his sacking 2 months before it happened.  

R.E LJ, I just find it astonishing that already after only 6 games he has been written off by some. And find it especially perplexing that people who don't agree with the decision to appoint LJ will then accuse the board of lacking logic because they don't think he will succeed. A strange twisted logic that has been challenged by several people including myself.

25 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

So we're of the same opinion then. I've had a lifetime of frustration (over 30 years, but who's counting) and disappointment following City, my Dad took me to games, his father before him. It's in our blood. 

I don't know what your referring to about loyalty, I haven't read that not have I personally suggested anyone is disloyal. I couldn't care less about SC and what has been. I was neither in nor out of his camp, but I called for his sacking 2 months before it happened.  

R.E LJ, I just find it astonishing that already after only 6 games he has been written off by some. And find it especially perplexing that people who don't agree with the decision to appoint LJ will then accuse the board of lacking logic because they don't think he will succeed. A strange twisted logic that has been challenged by several people including myself.

I am referring to the way certain people seem to regard any comments questioning LJ as being disloyal, when applying the opposite to SC, it's a little rich.

I don't see anybody writing LJ off, ok the OP could be interpreted that way by some but not by me, it was an observation made by somebody who was actually at the Wolves game and presumably the Brighton and Cardiff games, I believe most people who comment remain unconvinced in the same way that they and I did with SC.

For me if LJ keeps us up that's a great start and if turns us into a solid mid table team perhaps in the vicinity of the play offs, then that's the sort of progress that I feel will be acceptable, it's that simple for me.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I am referring to the way certain people seem to regard any comments questioning LJ as being disloyal, when applying the opposite to SC, it's a little rich.

I don't see anybody writing LJ off, ok the OP could be interpreted that way by some but not by me, it was an observation made by somebody who was actually at the Wolves game and presumably the Brighton and Cardiff games, I believe most people who comment remain unconvinced in the same way that they and I did with SC.

For me if LJ keeps us up that's a great start and if turns us into a solid mid table team perhaps in the vicinity of the play offs, then that's the sort of progress that I feel will be acceptable, it's that simple for me.

I think this whole post, title and content from several shows people have written LJ off already, read through it again if you need to see those comments.

As I've said already, I can't comment on your opinion of SC, all I can say is I haven't seen anyone called disloyal for being critical of LJ after 6 games, perhaps you have a beef with some other people who were anti SC, I don't know, but I can't read 'in-between your lines' without understanding your history. But it's clear your unconvinced by LJ. Fine, be unconvinced, but some of the sweeping statements made that he 'will' fail or he 'won't' achieve this or that is for me, premature after only 6 games into a job where he still has the precious managers players, and mess to sort out.

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:
2 hours ago, NickJ said:

What a series of bizarre comments.

Bizarre? Unnecessary comment, but as I've said before talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. 

Most obviously the people running the club can make a more informed judgment - but are you suggesting that nobody else can have a view? If not, what?

I'll repeat what I've said already, I know I often have to repeat things for you. Everyone can have an opinion. But you've said yourself the decision to appoint LJ was illogical because in your opinion he won't succeed. Can you not see how flawed your argument is?!? The boards opinion is not the same as yours. The think he could succeed. Pretty logical? 

So the boards 'opinion', based upon actually knowing and speaking to him is he can take us forward. Your opinion that he cannot is based on your gut feeling, having never met or seen the guy. Who is more qualified to comment on LJ's ability to take the club forwards? Of course have an opinion, but if it's one that is based on nothing expect on an open forum to be challenged. You have a problem with me challenging your opinion on the open forum that you speak about?

Who has suggested the decision was not made with the clubs best interests at heart?

Where have I said there is a conspiracy?

I can't quote you in this, but you and I and many others know you're vocal in your criticism of the board and were particularly interested in the 'rumours' surrounding the summer recruitment. 

Your comments were bizarre - IMO - because you were ranting on about something to do with discussion of Bristol City and relating that to the world owing something, or something. And conspiracy bollox which is not something I have ever said or even hinted at. That would be bizarre.

So far as criticising the board is concerned, plenty of City fans do that, on here, doubtless it happens all over the country. Jacke Dawe has explained that quite well, somewhere, on this thread, I think.

Like many I took an interest in the summer transfer rumours, who wouldn't be interested in why this season has failed so miserably.

But by the same token I also praise where IMO merited - the appointment of Cotterill for example, ironically enough.

So, trying to stick to being sensible, yes, you have a point regarding your "logic" comment. So my comment that the appointment is not logical, I accept you are correct, in the minds of the board it must be entirely logical.

However you are entirely wrong when you suggest my opinion is based on gut feeling. It is based, as I have explained many times, on simply the fact that LJ's profile does not fit that of managers that generally speaking are successful in getting teams promoted from the Championship.

8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I think this whole post, title and content from several shows people have written LJ off already, read through it again if you need to see those comments.

As I've said already, I can't comment on your opinion of SC, all I can say is I haven't seen anyone called disloyal for being critical of LJ after 6 games, perhaps you have a beef with some other people who were anti SC, I don't know, but I can't read 'in-between your lines' without understanding your history. But it's clear your unconvinced by LJ. Fine, be unconvinced, but some of the sweeping statements made that he 'will' fail or he 'won't' achieve this or that is for me, premature after only 6 games into a job where he still has the precious managers players, and mess to sort out.

There are no lines to read between, I was unconvinced by SC but was won over until, he ****** up and had to be sacked.

I was unconvinced by Tinnion, Coppell, Millen, Mcinnes and SOD and I am personally unconvinced about LJ but was willing to be won over by all of them and now especially LJ.

We can agree to disagree on what we have read on this thread, the disloyalty thing is a feeling I haven't said anybody has been accused of it.

As for the sweeping statements of course he will fail, be it this year, next year or the year after, it's as inevitable as death is.

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I give you, Tinnion, Coppell, Millen, Mcinnes and SOD.

People are airing their opinions, calling them ignorant or deluded because they don't match your or other peoples opinions adds nothing to the debate.

As with most things in life my stance is somewhat in the middle, I have a lot of time for SL and fully appreciate his vision and what he is achieving for our club, however anybody can see sometimes (especially in his choice of manager) he has been found wanting and for once he had wiggle room in as much as he could have left Pemberton and Elliott in charge, there was no rush to appoint a new man, they were doing fine.

This is a ridiculous statement to make fella...you should know as well as any, that to make a club attractive to any future player or staff, you need a permanent manager in place.

Talks take place between agents and players, often off the record, before any negotiations take place.

No player is interested long term, if no manager is in place.

JP and WA had a few games in charge that went well...it might have gone wrong after that. You can't judge on a few games.

Of course there was need to get a manager in place.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

This is a ridiculous statement to make fella...you should know as well as any, that to make a club attractive to any future player or staff, you need a permanent manager in place.

Talks take place between agents and players, often off the record, before any negotiations take place.

No player is interested long term, if no manager is in place.

JP and WA had a few games in charge that went well...it might have gone wrong after that. You can't judge on a few games.

Of course there was need to get a manager in place.

Golbourne?

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Oh yes of course how silly of me? BCFC knew one month before that LJ was going to be the next manager? that is ridiculous.

They knew way before that...it's been an ongoing negotiation for months.

19 minutes ago, spudski said:

They knew way before that...it's been an ongoing negotiation for months.

So Golbourne was being negotiated even while SC was here?

Does that imply that Cotterill was going to go with a back 4, once he thought he had the players to do that?

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well even if that were true, which I find more than debatable.

Golbourne still had no cast iron evidence that any deal with LJ was going to happen.

He signed because it was his hometown club.

So you think Goldbourne didn't speak to LJ because he 'officially' hadn't signed...? ok...you keep thinking that...I know different.

3 hours ago, NickJ said:

Yes of course, but do not confuse having a view on whether LJ will be a success with wanting him to be a success and whether he should be supported - of course he should be.

Well done, many on this forum would never concede a point.

Another view is that the next incumbent after the next ... Will fare as they all have since 1981.

Support regardless. Threads like this are counter productive. More effort is expounded on being critical v support regardless. The latter is positive the former is not.

6 hours ago, WTMS said:

Well done, many on this forum would never concede a point.

Another view is that the next incumbent after the next ... Will fare as they all have since 1981.

Support regardless. Threads like this are counter productive. More effort is expounded on being critical v support regardless. The latter is positive the former is not.

Appreciate what you say and you don't probably get involved in discussions on here about anything other than generating atmosphere inside the ground, which is to be applauded.

But this would be a pointless forum if criticism and debate was not allowed.

6 hours ago, spudski said:

No...it doesn't imply that.

So it must imply either

- SC wanted Golborne and would have stuck with 3-5-2

or

- SC did not want Golborne and/or the negotiations took place not involving SC

??

7 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Appreciate what you say and you don't probably get involved in discussions on here about anything other than generating atmosphere inside the ground, which is to be applauded.

But this would be a pointless forum if criticism and debate was not allowed.

So it must imply either

- SC wanted Golborne and would have stuck with 3-5-2

or

- SC did not want Golborne and/or the negotiations took place not involving SC

??

It doesn't imply neither Nick...I'm not going to go into why on here either.

9 hours ago, NickJ said:

However you are entirely wrong when you suggest my opinion is based on gut feeling. It is based, as I have explained many times, on simply the fact that LJ's profile does not fit that of managers that generally speaking are successful in getting teams promoted from the Championship.

What "profile" is that? Just a few facts for you, perhaps some food for thought, feel free to call my reasoned arguing 'ranting' as you do when you can't respond, but here goes:

These are the managers of the teams who won the Championship in the last four years - Eddie Howe, Nigel Pearson, Malkay Mackay and Brian McDermott.

Do you know how many times in total these 4 managers had previously led a team to promotion to the top flight? You guessed it - 0.

What about the teams who finished second those years? Slaviša Jokanović, Sean Dyche, Steve Bruce, Nigel Adkins? Steve Bruce is the only one to have won promotion from the Championship before.

So what is the profile of a manager who generally has success in the Championship you refer to? There are 8 names there for you, 8 very different managers, in personality, managerial experience, playing style, approach, playing careers, who have taken a team to the Premiership, and only 1 had done it previously and several had not won a promotion at all, even at a lower level. 

Furthermore, in reference to your earlier comment about managers winning promotion in the last 12 years being managers who had played or managed at the highest level previously: Bruce had a distinguished career yes, Mackay, Pearson and Jokanović had average careers playing at a high level at times and the other four were playing (and gaining managerial experience) in the leagues below. So at best, that's 50/50. So those facts not quite backing up what you were saying.

Anyway, when you made your opinion, that isn't based on gut feeling, what criteria have you judged LJ on that means his profile doesn't fit that of managers that generally speaking are successful in getting teams promoted from the Championship?

19 hours ago, NickJ said:

So Golbourne was being negotiated even while SC was here?

Does that imply that Cotterill was going to go with a back 4, once he thought he had the players to do that?

or more importantly does it imply that somebody who may or may not have ended up as our manager had a hand in transfers whilst at another club a full month before he became our manager?. I knew our club was in a mess but that is just to bizarre for words. Did Golbourne have a get out clause in case LJ never got the job for a raft of different reasons?.

16 hours ago, Alessandro said:

What "profile" is that? Just a few facts for you, perhaps some food for thought, feel free to call my reasoned arguing 'ranting' as you do when you can't respond, but here goes:

These are the managers of the teams who won the Championship in the last four years - Eddie Howe, Nigel Pearson, Malkay Mackay and Brian McDermott.

Do you know how many times in total these 4 managers had previously led a team to promotion to the top flight? You guessed it - 0.

What about the teams who finished second those years? Slaviša Jokanović, Sean Dyche, Steve Bruce, Nigel Adkins? Steve Bruce is the only one to have won promotion from the Championship before.

So what is the profile of a manager who generally has success in the Championship you refer to? There are 8 names there for you, 8 very different managers, in personality, managerial experience, playing style, approach, playing careers, who have taken a team to the Premiership, and only 1 had done it previously and several had not won a promotion at all, even at a lower level. 

Furthermore, in reference to your earlier comment about managers winning promotion in the last 12 years being managers who had played or managed at the highest level previously: Bruce had a distinguished career yes, Mackay, Pearson and Jokanović had average careers playing at a high level at times and the other four were playing (and gaining managerial experience) in the leagues below. So at best, that's 50/50. So those facts not quite backing up what you were saying.

Anyway, when you made your opinion, that isn't based on gut feeling, what criteria have you judged LJ on that means his profile doesn't fit that of managers that generally speaking are successful in getting teams promoted from the Championship?

I refer you to my previous post below. I have highlighted the profile I was referring to, as maybe you missed it the first time around.

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 00:46, NickJ said:

No, its an opinion on why we think LJ's appointment is yet another bonkers decision....

... look at all of the clubs promoted from Championship to Premiership over the past 12 or so seasons - how many have never played in the Premiership and/or never previously managed in the Championship, and/or never played/managed at a top foreign club?

Common sense tells you the odds are stacked against LJ achieving what Lansdown says he wants.

So, lets examine the last 12 years, 3 teams each season, 36 managers.

The outcome is that ONE out of 36 does not fit the profile I have listed above, ie PRIOR TO getting promotion from the Championship to the Premiership the manager had:

Played/managed in the Premiership (or in earlier years its Division One equivalent) OR managed in the Championship OR played/managed at a top foreign club.

Team- Club - Previous Relevant Experience as follows:

2014/15
Bournemouth - Eddie Howe - Championship Manager
Watford -
Slaviša Jokanović - Premier Player
Norwich - Neil Adams - Premier Player

2013/14
Leicester - Nigel Pearson - Premier Player
Burnley - Sean Dyche -
Championship Manager

QPR - Harry Redknapp - Premier Player & Premier Manager

2012/13
Cardiff - Malky Mackay - Championship Manager

Hull - Steve Bruce - Premier Player & Championship Manager
Crystal Palace - Ian Holloway - Championship Manager & Premier Player

2011/12
Reading - Brian McDermott - Premier Player
Southampton - Nigel Adkins -
Championship Manager

West Ham  - Sam Allardyce - Premier Player & Premier Manager

2010/11
QPR - Neil Warnock -  Championship Manager & Premier Manager
Norwich - Paul Lambert - Scottish & German Premier Player
Swansea - Brendan Rodgers -
Championship Manager

2009/10
Newcastle - Chris Hughton -
Premier Player
West Brom - Roberto di Matteo -
Premier Player
Blackpool - Ian Holloway - Premier Player

2008/09
Wolves - Mick McCarthy -
Premier Player & Premier Manager & International Manager
Birmingam - Alex McLeish -
Scottish Premier Player; International Manager
Burnley - Owen Coyle - Scottish Premier Player & Manager

2007/08
West Brom - Tony Mowbray -
Premier Player & Scottish Premier Player
Stoke - Tony Pulis - Championship Manager
Hull - Phil Brown - Championship Manager

2006/07
Sunderland - Roy Keane -
Premier Player
Birmingham Steve Bruce -
Premier Player
Derby - Billy Davies - Championship Manager

2005/06
Reading - Steve Coppell - Premier Player & Premier Manager &
Championship Manager
Sheffield United - Neil Warnock -  
Championship Manager
Watford - Ady Boothroyd - NONE

2004/05
Sunderland - Mick McCarthy -
Premier Player & International Manager
Wigan - Paul Jewell -
Premier Manager
West Ham - Alan Pardew - Premier Player

2003/04
Norwich - Nigel Worthington - Premier Player & Championship Manager

West Brom - Gary Megson - Premier Player & Premier Manager & Championship Manager
Crystal Palace - Ian Dowie - Premier Player & Championship Manager

So there you are smarty pants, I'm right, the facts, not my gut feeling, support the statement I have made.

Let's hope Lee Johnson is the next Ady Boothroyd.

18 hours ago, spudski said:

It doesn't imply neither Nick...I'm not going to go into why on here either.

Oh dear, another in a long line of your "I know what's going on at Ashton Gate but I'm not going to tell you what it is" posts.

It's very boring.

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Oh dear, another in a long line of your "I know what's going on at Ashton Gate but I'm not going to tell you what it is" posts.

It's very boring.

Ok...I was told from a football agent of one of the players...boring enough for you now :P

As for looking at that list above, just proves to me how difficult it is to stay in the Prem once up.

It's ok going up...but at what cost?

Look at where a lot of those teams are now...in such a short space of time.

It's all very well and good talking about managers taking us up to the Prem...it's being able to sustain it that's important.

39 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I refer you to my previous post below. I have highlighted the profile I was referring to, as maybe you missed it the first time around.

So, lets examine the last 12 years, 3 teams each season, 36 managers.

The outcome is that ONE out of 36 does not fit the profile I have listed above, ie PRIOR TO getting promotion from the Championship to the Premiership the manager had:

Played/managed in the Premiership (or in earlier years its Division One equivalent) OR managed in the Championship OR played/managed at a top foreign club.

Team- Club - Previous Relevant Experience as follows:

2014/15
Bournemouth - Eddie Howe - Championship Manager
Watford -
Slaviša Jokanović - Premier Player
Norwich - Neil Adams - Premier Player

2013/14
Leicester - Nigel Pearson - Premier Player
Burnley - Sean Dyche -
Championship Manager

QPR - Harry Redknapp - Premier Player & Premier Manager

2012/13
Cardiff - Malky Mackay - Championship Manager

Hull - Steve Bruce - Premier Player & Championship Manager
Crystal Palace - Ian Holloway - Championship Manager & Premier Player

2011/12
Reading - Brian McDermott - Premier Player
Southampton - Nigel Adkins -
Championship Manager

West Ham  - Sam Allardyce - Premier Player & Premier Manager

2010/11
QPR - Neil Warnock -  Championship Manager & Premier Manager
Norwich - Paul Lambert - Scottish & German Premier Player
Swansea - Brendan Rodgers -
Championship Manager

2009/10
Newcastle - Chris Hughton -
Premier Player
West Brom - Roberto di Matteo -
Premier Player
Blackpool - Ian Holloway - Premier Player

2008/09
Wolves - Mick McCarthy -
Premier Player & Premier Manager & International Manager
Birmingam - Alex McLeish -
Scottish Premier Player; International Manager
Burnley - Owen Coyle - Scottish Premier Player & Manager

2007/08
West Brom - Tony Mowbray -
Premier Player & Scottish Premier Player
Stoke - Tony Pulis - Championship Manager
Hull - Phil Brown - Championship Manager

2006/07
Sunderland - Roy Keane -
Premier Player
Birmingham Steve Bruce -
Premier Player
Derby - Billy Davies - Championship Manager

2005/06
Reading - Steve Coppell - Premier Player & Premier Manager &
Championship Manager
Sheffield United - Neil Warnock -  
Championship Manager
Watford - Ady Boothroyd - NONE

2004/05
Sunderland - Mick McCarthy -
Premier Player & International Manager
Wigan - Paul Jewell -
Premier Manager
West Ham - Alan Pardew - Premier Player

2003/04
Norwich - Nigel Worthington - Premier Player & Championship Manager

West Brom - Gary Megson - Premier Player & Premier Manager & Championship Manager
Crystal Palace - Ian Dowie - Premier Player & Championship Manager

So there you are smarty pants, I'm right, the facts, not my gut feeling, support the statement I have made.

Let's hope Lee Johnson is the next Ady Boothroyd.

Give some people a little rope and they'll hang themselves. 

I notice you've very conveniently added 'Scottish premier league' to suit your profile list.

Funny that, our very own LJ played in the Scottish premier league, didn't he?

Brilliant. Just brilliant. Who's the smarty pants now. 

Archived