IGNORED

kevthered

4 hours ago, kevthered said:

Hi Guys

Been reading this forum now for donkeys years and thought I would register. Love this club, my first game was back on March 1st 1969 when we beat Fulham 6-0 and been hooked ever since. Just thought I would say hello 

Two years after my first game......still no excuse for losing your forum virginity when City are at home......:facepalm:

Surely you could have waited until tomorrow.   :dunno:

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Always nice to greet another Kev who happens to be red.  My first game was sometime in the early 90's, so you trump me there.  On another note, how do people remember what game they first saw?  Neither I or my dad thought to keep any type of record / memento.  My dad had a bit of a shocker here really, surely you'd keep something to remind you of the first time you took your son to the footie...

Interesting question. I have no programme or other physical momento from my first game (3-1 victory at home to Orient in the early 1980s) but I have a very vivid memory of some aspects of the game - especially the smell of cigarette/cigar smoke in the ground, one of our players getting muddy shorts during the warm-up and Jan Moller doing a drop kick that went very high but came down barely outside of the penalty area. Strange how the memory works.

5 hours ago, kevthered said:

Hi Guys

Been reading this forum now for donkeys years and thought I would register. Love this club, my first game was back on March 1st 1969 when we beat Fulham 6-0 and been hooked ever since. Just thought I would say hello 

That was my first game too. My Dad took me down to the East End when I was 8 years old.

Someone on here was giving away a lot of old programmes from the 60's and 70's and so I messaged him to see if he had the one for this game. He did, and he posted it to me.

Lets get this out of the way, if you've been reading a while you'll know how this works:

Thoughts on GJ

Thoughts on LJ (including whether you would boo him)

Always refer to Maynard as 'Micky'

Don't take the piss out of gingers, @RedM gets angry

Don't claim Flint as your own, @Dollymarie, @Strawberry2157. and a few others get really angry

Definitely don't claim @Dollymarie as your own, @BigTone will find you. And possibly kill you

Don't ever go to 'non football chat' and get involved in a political debate (but they are worth reading)

Have a forum punchbag, I like to use @TETBURY MASSIVE as mine. We can share if you like

I think that's about it. Enjoy

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Lets get this out of the way, if you've been reading a while you'll know how this works:

Thoughts on GJ

Thoughts on LJ (including whether you would boo him)

Always refer to Maynard as 'Micky'

Don't take the piss out of gingers, @RedM gets angry

Don't claim Flint as your own, @Dollymarie, @Strawberry2157. and a few others get really angry

Definitely don't claim @Dollymarie as your own, @BigTone will find you. And possibly kill you

Don't ever go to 'non football chat' and get involved in a political debate (but they are worth reading)

Have a forum punchbag, I like to use @TETBURY MASSIVE as mine. We can share if you like

I think that's about it. Enjoy

Ha Ha Ha.... Your from Cam you couldn't punch your way out of a wet paper bag.... You youngest punches hard than you and as you have been told before you play Cricket like a girl...... ;) 

16 hours ago, kevthered said:

Hi Guys

I was at that match too and if I recall correctly, the following Tuesday we beat Charlton at home 4-0?

Welcome to OTIB @kevthered. Where's your seat at AG? The Atyeo? The South Stand or are you a **** like me?

43 minutes ago, RedM said:

Welcome. @Woodsypretty much spot on. But @woodsy if you could just edit my post to include me in the Flint Ladies gang I would appreciate it, I saw him first remember! And wouldn't he be just perfect if he were a ginger!  :wub:

Sorry M - it won't let me edit it now, but I'll be sure to put you first the next time we get fresh meat on here!

45 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Ha Ha Ha.... Your from Cam you couldn't punch your way out of a wet paper bag.... You youngest punches hard than you and as you have been told before you play Cricket like a girl...... ;) 

Showing yourself up in front of the newbie, classy :facepalm:

It was a classic game but cannot remember who scored all the goals but do remember John Galley getting one with his head and I think Terry Bush scored which was great as he used to live in the same road as me and also the east end singing Walk on which was entertaining too..... Thanks for the welcome some are quite witty others well.... Favorite pie is Clarkes pies and I always have one before the game ......Fat barsteward eh

Archived