IGNORED

96 unlawfully killed / Supporters NOT Criminals (MERGED)

Bristol Rob

• Admin

QUESTION 13: Emergency response and the role of South Yorkshire Police

After the crush in the West Terrace had begun to develop, was there any error or omission by the police which caused or contributed to the loss of lives in the disaster? Yes or no.

Yes.  Police delayed to call major incident - it meant appropriate emergency response was delayed.

• Admin

QUESTION 14: Emergency response and the role of South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Service (SYMAS)

After the crush in the west terrace had begun to develop, was there any error or omission by the ambulance service (SYMAS) which caused or contributed to the loss of lives in the disaster? Yes or no.

Yes. SYMAS f ailed to ascertain the nature of the problem at Leppings Lane. The failure to recognise and call a major incident led to delays in response to the emergency.

5 minutes ago, LegionOfBrad said:

There will be some omissions from those the CPS go after. The FA should never have held another Semi there after the near tragedy in 81. It's really not like they shouldn't have seen this coming. 

We should have had a Taylor report long before people lost their lives!

And the Taylor Report would have made more sense if it hadn't taken on board the lies of the South Yorkshire Police as trumpeted by the Sun.

27 years is a long wait for justice. Now they have the truth, hopefully the families can live in peace and finally grieve properly.

Special mention must go to JFT 96 Campaigner Anne Williams, who lost her 15 year old son Kevin in the crush. She was key in getting the new inquest, yet sadly died of cancer a few years back so never able to see the outcome.

Hope her and her boy are smiling down on us today. RIP xx 

CPS saying they will consider criminal charges against culpable individuals or corporations....

Shame Thatcher is dead....would have loved to see her called into court to answer why her beloved Yorkshire Police were allowed to lie and why her initial enquiry was allowed to brush over the facts.......

This was the WSC front page at the time, it summed it up for all of us who went to games.

Im in awe of the families who have fought the establishment for 27 years, Anne Williams ( rip) took the establishment on in a fight which everybody told her she had no chance of winning, guess what..... 

Amazing day, the people of Liverpool certainly show the rest of us how to stick together and fight for justice, the TRUTH is officially now out :yes:

Also, just remember that Kelvin MacKenzie still works for that lying paper, don't buy it people.

image.jpeg

I thought I knew quite a lot about this, having lived through the time as a football fan. But I am truly shocked at what has been found, as detailed by @phantom. The anthorities just about got everything they could wrong. Shocking. 

The families never gave up and through the tragedy of the sheer numbers it affected were strong. Ultimately there are only ever going to be losers from this sadly.

The lies peddled by the media, the government and the police to essentially cover up a criminal act is absolutely shameful. 

The role of government is to protect the people and prosecute the law through the police and criminal justice system. All failed the people they are charged to protect.

The scandal now has been uncovered for what it is; an appalling miscarriage of justice.

The 96 who died and countless others deeply affected physically and emotionally have today had some semblance of closure and vindicated that all along they were telling the truth, however there must be criminal convictions against those who were negligent and those who perpetuated the cover up. 

96 people went to a football match never to return to their families. We must never forget. 

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Not that the verdict wasnt a good thing, but we will never get safe standing now. 

Hillsborough families will use this and the main example of why it shouldn't be put in and as it's such an emotive subject the fa won't have the bollocks to challenge it. 

Not the time or place to bring this up, an argument for another day. 96 people like you and I went to a match and never came home and the establishment did their utmost to cover it up, that is what we should be thinking about today.

9 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Not the time or place to bring this up, an argument for another day. 96 people like you and I went to a match and never came home and the establishment did their utmost to cover it up, that is what we should be thinking about today.

Different thought process to be honest. I'll leave it then

13 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

A letter sent to a Liverpool fan from Bernard Ingham in 1996, says it all really about the likes of 'them'

image.jpeg

I was pleased to discover today that he is still alive.  Hopefully people can question him face to face about it for the rest of his life, and make the rest of his years rather uncomfortable and unpleasant.

When cover up's on this scale take place in such a supposedly democratic and free country, I realise that in some respects, GB is no better than a despotic banana republic.

Nobody should ever go to work or leisure and not come home because of the actions/inactions of those in authority. It doesn't take much for me to shed tears and today is the same as when I saw it happening on TV all those years ago. RIP fellow human beings.

Justice and recognition at last.

It is a national disgrace that it's taken 27 years.

Shame Thatcher isn't still alive to take her share of the blame, she always hated football and its fans and would have seen the loss of 96 fans as "a good start".  The ******* witch.

Respect to all those who fought so long and hard.

Archived