IGNORED

96 unlawfully killed / Supporters NOT Criminals (MERGED)

Bristol Rob

Age should never be a barrier to prosecution of those that were proactive in the cover up and those who should have been found accountable for failing to do their job years ago.

It make me sick to think that the likes of Dunkenfield and various others who since events of 1989 can live out their lives on a nice pension when at a minimum they should of been sacked for gross negligence, yet alone being charged with criminal offences.

3 minutes ago, redcityman said:

Age should never be a barrier to prosecution of those that were proactive in the cover up and those who should have been found accountable for failing to do their job years ago.

It make me sick to think that the likes of Dunkenfield and various others who since events of 1989 can live out their lives on a nice pension when at a minimum they should of been sacked for gross negligence, yet alone being charged with criminal offences.

Exactly. What they did (or rather didn't do) was criminal. 

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

I haven't been keeping up with this at all so please excuse the ignorance.  What was the opinion and/or verdict regarding the thousands of fans who turned up with no tickets?  Did that even happen?  

Fan behaviour was NOT a factor in the tragedy.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I haven't been keeping up with this at all so please excuse the ignorance.  What was the opinion and/or verdict regarding the thousands of fans who turned up with no tickets?  Did that even happen?  

As I think posted on the 1st page, question 7 addressed behaviour of the supporters:

Question 7: behaviour of the supporters

Was there any behaviour on the part of football supporters which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?

Jury’s answer: No.

If your answer to the question above is “no”, then was there any behaviour on the part of football supporters which which may have caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?

Jury’s answer: No.

1 minute ago, northsomersetred said:

You sir have just won cock of the year.

Be fair, they said they've not been following things and asked if the long held myth promoted by the media that were in the pocket of Thatcher happened or not.

Appreciate it's an emotional day, but educate rather than criticise, else these myths will contine to be voiced.

It's interesting that the FA has escaped criticism.  It was their tournament, they chose Hillsborough as a venue. They had a duty of care to ensure the Stadium they chose was fit for purpose and that proper safety measure were put in place.

I don't think you can say the FA were responsible for the Unlawful Killing of the 96, but they should be held responsible for holding a football match at a stadium which was clearly not fit for purpose.

1 minute ago, Malago said:

It's interesting that the FA has escaped criticism.  It was their tournament, they chose Hillsborough as a venue. They had a duty of care to ensure the Stadium they chose was fit for purpose and that proper safety measure were put in place.

I don't think you can say the FA were responsible for the Unlawful Killing of the 96, but they should be held responsible for holding a football match at a stadium which was clearly not fit for purpose.

That's a very good point. 

Hi all,

I felt compelled to write this at lunch today following the ruling. Whole range of emotions for everyone involved or in any way affiliated with football.

It could have been any of us

http://exiledrobin.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/hillsborough-supporters-not-criminals.html

Thanks in advance for any comments, feedback and shares/likes :-) 

There was a 30 for 30 ESPN documentary made about hillsborough a couple of years ago. It couldn't be shown over here because the case was still ongoing but now it's over hopefully it will be on here soon. I understand it's on the American version of Netflix if anyone has that or it may be on the internet somewhere if you fish around. I watched it when it came out and it is a must watch, even for non football fans. 

4 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

There was a 30 for 30 ESPN documentary made about hillsborough a couple of years ago. It couldn't be shown over here because the case was still ongoing but now it's over hopefully it will be on here soon. I understand it's on the American version of Netflix if anyone has that or it may be on the internet somewhere if you fish around. I watched it when it came out and it is a must watch, even for non football fans. 

You'll need Tor or something similar to which it here

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

So to sum up, the police were liars and football fans were smeared by an orchestrated campaign by Thatcher and her allies in the media.

Well, who'd have guessed, eh?

But didn't Thatcher leave office a year after Hillsborough?  Not much time for an orchestrated campaign and how did it last this long?

1 hour ago, Malago said:

I'm surprised Sheffield Wednesday have got off so lightly to be honest. It was their safety certificates that were out-of-date. Their stadium manager was negligent. I'm sure I remember reading in David Conn's book The Beautiful Game? that as of 2005 nobody at Sheffield Wednesday had apologised to the victims families for what had happened.

I see they have finally apologised today.

3 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

But didn't Thatcher leave office a year after Hillsborough?  Not much time for an orchestrated campaign and how did it last this long?

If you have to ask a question like that there really isn't much hope...

Murdoch, his cronies like Mackenzie and the successive governments (including Blair who blocked it as a favour to him) that fawned over that Aussie scumbag used the police for their means and kept them sweet with large pay rises, so it really wouldn't look good to admit where the failings really lied, would it?

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If you have to ask a question like that there really isn't much hope...

Murdoch, his cronies like Mackenzie and the successive governments (including Blair who blocked it as a favour to him) that fawned over that Aussie scumbag used the police for their means and kept them sweet with large pay rises, so it really wouldn't look good to admit where the failings really lied, would it?

So not solely down to Thatcher then.  That's cleared that up. 

10 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

So not solely down to Thatcher then.  That's cleared that up. 

No, but she was PM at the time that it happened.

If you want to think she was great, fine, it is a free world.

Personally I think she was the devil incarnate.

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

No, but she was PM at the time that it happened.

If you want to think she was great, fine, it is a free world.

Personally I think she was the devil incarnate.

I think you are being overly critical of Lucifer.  Being a man of wealth and taste, laying traps for troubadours before they reach Bombay, I suspect he would have picked someone other than that witch to be his human form.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Expect a lot of senior police to suddenly develop dementia...

They already did prior to the inquest..  The CPS will face an absolute s**tsorm from Liverpool if they don't conclude there investigation without some criminal charges being raised.

I've said this in a few other places, but deep down I think that while justice may finally be done, the damage will last for generations in Liverpool. Many people in the community will never trust the media, the police, or their politicians ever again, and neither will their kids, or their kids kids.

I'd love to see the wider football community come together, and tell The Sun to **** off. Orchestrate the fans to petition their own club to ban all Sun journalists from their grounds and from any press conferences, until The Sun are completely cut off from the world of football.

Closure at last. Bless the families that fought so hard and for so long.

There was a Hillsborough documentary broadcast in America about a year ago, it was unable to be shown on our televisions due to the court case. Whilst incredibly harrowing, it is worth watching just to see how bad it was for the families. Those who fought for justice are truly inspirational.

May the 96 rest in peace.

7 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

I've said this in a few other places, but deep down I think that while justice may finally be done, the damage will last for generations in Liverpool. Many people in the community will never trust the media, the police, or their politicians ever again, and neither will their kids, or their kids kids.

I'd love to see the wider football community come together, and tell The Sun to **** off. Orchestrate the fans to petition their own club to ban all Sun journalists from their grounds and from any press conferences, until The Sun are completely cut off from the world of football.

Unfortunately as long as Murdoch has our government and the likes of sky who pay the PL copious amounts of dosh in his pocket it'll never happen 

Archived