IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

43 minutes ago, bcfcchris2016 said:

I also am very concerned at what this forum will be like if we don't sign Pogba or Toure. 

I just hope that the samaritans sign is still on the suspension bridge...

If true, I wonder if Wolves would be using Iorfa as part of the deal. Only way I could see them beating us on a deal. Hope Londoner(think his agent neighbor is his source) is wrong though. Would be a shame to lose out on Tomlin for a few grand a week. My opinion anyway. 

58 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Signing for Wolves, 3 year deal.

Can't see that.

Wolves remain up for sale by Morgan and Jackett is under pressure from a significant proportion of the fanbase. Reason they're below us in the betting is the bookies don't expect significant team improvement or investment until one or both of those positions is resolved. Certainly can't see them sanctioning multi million pound buys in the short term.

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Can't see that.

Wolves remain up for sale by Morgan and Jackett is under pressure from a significant proportion of the fanbase. Reason they're below us in the betting is the bookies don't expect significant team improvement or investment until one or both of those positions is resolved. Certainly can't see them sanctioning multi million pound buys in the short term.

I agree, looking online it appears they have been talking about the possibility of signing him for a couple of years, if he didn't go there when they were doing reasonably well, why on earth would he go now? I can't believe they would be paying that much more and I honestly don't think it's all about money for him anyway.

Wolves won't buy him, as previously stated they are up for sale and investment is next to nothing for next season.

Unless of course they've been bought out and it hasn't been announced yet, perhaps new owners are pulling the strings!

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Can't see it. Wolves mate here is saying they don't have any money. 

Like I said in an earlier post, I can only see it if they're getting a few mil and Tomlin for Iorfa. That would worry me a bit because they do have that asset. 

In all seriousness though....Leeds, Wolves, Blackburn, Reading and Forest, Cardiff, Ipswich, Birmingham all seem in limbo financially speaking.

Hasselbaink at QPR clearly doesn't want Mavericks in his side. 

Brentford, Rotherham, Barnsely, Preston, Burton wouldn't be able to afford him.

That leaves us, Huddersfield, Sheff Wed, Fulham, Derby, Brighton and Wigan.....and relegated sides....

Maybe our chances of getting him are better when we look At it this way....

6 minutes ago, Londoner said:

In all seriousness though....Leeds, Wolves, Blackburn, Reading and Forest, Cardiff, Ipswich, Birmingham all seem in limbo financially speaking.

Hasselbaink at QPR clearly doesn't want Mavericks in his side. 

Brentford, Rotherham, Barnsely, Preston, Burton wouldn't be able to afford him.

That leaves us, Huddersfield, Sheff Wed, Fulham, Derby, Brighton and Wigan.....and relegated sides....

Maybe our chances of getting him are better when we look At it this way....

And out of those I can only see us, Brighton and Sheff Wed wanting to spend that amount of their budget on a player like Lee Tomlin. 

23 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Nah I just made it up I'm bored.

This is one of the very few factual statements on the forum. (But without the rumours, speculation and opinions it would be very dull)

I know that Londoner is just having a bit of fun, but please in future choose your words carefully. A mate read this thread and told me that Tomlin had been snapped up by wolves while he was in Cancun. I was horrified as wolves are native to the area and looked on the BBC website but the only thing like it was a 2 year old being taken by an alligator. I thought it was typical BBC not to report a premier league player befalling this terrible fate but had it been one of the favoured top premier sides who had a player trip over a hamster while on honeymoon it would've been the top story. 

As Tomlin said himself to the Blackburn fan on twitter; he has been linked to every Championship club there is.

The sooner he is back and a deal done with somebody (obviously hopefully us) the better for this forum and obviously the club as we appear to be very much in the running (if not favourites), so it must be eating in to their time and can be highly distracting from other targets who may fall by the wayside.

Personally I feel confident for no real reason.  Just the badge thumping last season, the fact he banters City fans often, likes Bristol Sport related tweets etc. just suggests a real enjoyment of his time here and you would hope a decent package and the 100% guarantee of adoration he knows he will receive here will swing this.

3 hours ago, I Am A Cider Drinker said:

If that is true it is huge a blow to our recruitment this summer and another season like the one just past beckons. 

Really hope Londoner is misinformed 

why? our season and squad doesn't relay on one player, if he doesn't sign we move on and go and get another target,

it is disappointing but it isn't the end of the world

Archived