IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

55 minutes ago, Malaggro is back said:

He never got to grips with the Chigley Skins.

Every Saturday I get the Chigley skins
And they always smash my windows ‘cos the home side always wins

All we need is a train station at Ashton Vale!

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Tranmere fans I think.

Let it happen Bass player!

Yep they were. When Tranmere played their home games on a Friday night they refused to book any gigs if it meant they couldn`t go. I love it when someone supports `proper` teams and means it - did you know Jake Bugg is a mad keen Notts County fan and still goes with his mates when he can?

6 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Wouldn't it be mint if the club let Tomlin announce his signing on here - just joined the thread to say guys you can all stop stressing I'm now a city player

He might already be on here under an assumed name and is contributing to the thread making sure we`re all still spinning around wondering what`s going on. He`d love it.

18 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Wouldn't it be mint if the club let Tomlin announce his signing on here - just joined the thread to say guys you can all stop stressing I'm now a city player

He'll be dismissed as a wind up or gas head followed by 3 pages of David Bowie lyrics 

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He'll be dismissed as a wind up or gas head followed by 3 pages of David Bowie lyrics 

Yeah, but when they realise the truth, All The Young Dudes will be Dancing In The Street.

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

Well i've just wasted a good few minutes of my life reading through this tripe.

Season can't come quick enough.

Tripe?  Your avatar is Rick Mayall flashing at Ade Edmunson!  If it was Ade flashing at Rick I could take you seriously. 

2 hours ago, Bullbag said:

Well i've just wasted a good few minutes of my life reading through this tripe.

Season can't come quick enough.

To save you further anguish can I just remind you that IF/WHEN there is confirmed news of this or any other signings or departures the thread will be moved to the main football chat area of the forum. Maybe if transfer speculation isn't for you just check there.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Deals certainly do progress when players are on their Holibobs.  

Back in 95, me and my mates were in Kavos, and some familiar looking bloke was staying in the same complex as us.  We were debating if it was him or not.  I had a copy of 442 which had a small photo of him and we all agreed it was Mark Draper - then of Leicester.  We we finally convinced when we saw him doing one of those penalty shoot out booths, on the Kavos strip, where if you score 3 penalties you win a bottle of 'fizz" that costs less than it cost you to have a go.  Bang bang, 2 of 3 so far....bang, blasted it straight into the keepers face and broke his nose.  One of my mates went in goal for the rest of the evening!

Anyway we got chatting to him (nice bloke) and he said he was in daily contact with his agent, and was close to agreeing a £4m move to Liverpool.  Over the holiday it fell through and by the end of it he'd signed for Villa.  All sorted (maybe not signed on the dotted line - our complex barely had electricity let alone a fax machine) whilst he was out of the country.

Lets hope the same with Lee Tomlin.  If he hadn't got the shirt with him, just photoshop one, using O'Neil's body....similar ain't it :P

Ha ha I was in Kavos in 95 too and have fond memories of those dodgy little goals on the strip to win a bottle of that rank fizz! I probably bumped into you in Rolling Stone club! Also had a very pissed up late night / early morning game of kabadi on the beach with s bunch of Scottish lads from our apartment complex! Very weird, very pissed but very funny! Also remember the best lightning I've ever seen one stormy night, and it was bone dry again within hours, apart from my "gazza" edition of Loaded. Bloody great memories, those 2wks ruined me!!!! 

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Careful with that spliff Eugene, it causes condensation.

First Graham Norton plays tending the wrong grave for 23 years , now HMHB get a couple of mentions on OTIB ..... Tomorrow the world ! 

47 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Ha ha I was in Kavos in 95 too and have fond memories of those dodgy little goals on the strip to win a bottle of that rank fizz! I probably bumped into you in Rolling Stone club! Also had a very pissed up late night / early morning game of kabadi on the beach with s bunch of Scottish lads from our apartment complex! Very weird, very pissed but very funny! Also remember the best lightning I've ever seen one stormy night, and it was bone dry again within hours, apart from my "gazza" edition of Loaded. Bloody great memories, those 2wks ruined me!!!! 

That is bizarre, me and my mates played kabadi too on the beach and in the sea...do I know you?  

When I watch The Inbetweeners Movie it is too close to my lads holidays, just 20 years later.  One of my mates is a cross between Neil and Jay.  He's got the dance moves of Neil but his female conquest stories are right out of Jay's book of BS.  He shall remain nameless!

this same mate tried to be all poncy one morning and ordered a continental breakfast (what's all that about), and then had a standup argument with the waiter about only getting a croissant and ham and not being given his sausage, bacon and egg.  

Another of my mates, a really good player, spent about £200 one night trying to score 3 out of 3 penalties, hilarious.  We went and bought him a bottle from behind the bar to console him.

i never recovered from doing the Catapult (a reverse bungee jump).

Happy days!

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That is bizarre, me and my mates played kabadi too on the beach and in the sea...do I know you? 

Ha ha ha that is too weird! Don't think I know you but we were there in the August and did bump into quite a few Bristol lads and ladettes mind. I was at the peak of my footballing powers around that era and managed a clean sweep on the pens on a couple of occasions, the fizz was rank but certainly tasted of success :laugh: Great couple of weeks hitting the strip every night for 2 weeks but boy was it  tough. Seem to remember a lovely outdoor bbq restaurant on the way in to town  that provided the real solid food we ate! Totally ace  if you were there in Aug too then I'm sure our paths crossed at some point 

Just seen the latest Stocky blog on Tomlin/Grabban etc and he ends by recommending we put our feet up, have a few beers and watch England beat Russia. I certainly will, Andy! Cheers! 

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yep they were. When Tranmere played their home games on a Friday night they refused to book any gigs if it meant they couldn`t go. I love it when someone supports `proper` teams and means it - did you know Jake Bugg is a mad keen Notts County fan and still goes with his mates when he can?

They turned down an appearance on the Tube, as it clashed with a Tranmere game.

Archived