IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

7 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Woodsy, the use of a comma between 'tonight' and 'I' in your post is pretty crucial on this occasion.

Getting late, you've lost me there MRR! I'll have to re-read in the morning....sure I'll get it then!

15 hours ago, Woodsy said:

If the figures work out, and we can afford it then I'm all over it. But lads like Flint, Smith, Pack (I could go on) deserve recognition too. From what I saw last season they were just as important. If they aren't doing what they are paid to do then it doesn't matter what Tomlin does......

Obviously this makes sense, but taking it to its logical conclusion you'd pay all players the same. You communist! ;) The argument I think becomes more about market worth, and as Ivorguy says it's relatively easier to find someone to do Flint's job than it is to find someone like Tomlin. Strikers earn more than GKs/ Defenders... it's kind of how it is. 

That said, I 100% agree with the points about harmony and not upsetting team spirit. As with most things in life there's a balance to be found, and it's a tough job for Ashton et al to find that balance. As Billywedlock says, we definitely haven't got it right in the past. 

Mr Lee Tomlin,

Let's stop messing about.....If you want to come to us tip me the wink and I'll drive to Bournemouth and bring you to the place where you would be welcomed, valued and supported fully. I don't know what the train fare from Bournemouth to Bristol would be but I definitely wouldn't ask you for petrol money.......someone pass Lee a pen!

1 hour ago, MelksRed said:

Mr Lee Tomlin,

Let's stop messing about.....If you want to come to us tip me the wink and I'll drive to Bournemouth and bring you to the place where you would be welcomed, valued and supported fully. I don't know what the train fare from Bournemouth to Bristol would be but I definitely wouldn't ask you for petrol money.......someone pass Lee a pen!

So you are going to drive/train it down to Bournemouth and hang around until he gets back from his honeymoon? Sleeping in the van to save money I hope?

11 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I know, but having sorted out a ranting 13 year old tonight I couldn't resist

I sometimes prefer this make believe world we've created on here, a hormonal 13 year old is way trickier to deal with. Unless Neil is also a hormonal 13 year old, he/she is certainly as rude.....

A ranting 13 year old? 

Wait till he/she becomes 14!

Then you'll welcome the chance to hear a rant instead of "Whatevet", "Uggh" or.............

(No response/silence)

4 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

A ranting 13 year old? 

Wait till he/she becomes 14!

Then you'll welcome the chance to hear a rant instead of "Whatevet", "Uggh" or.............

(No response/silence)

Very, most definitely, a she mate! And all those wonderful changes that they go through....I wanted girls, so I can't complain. Only have two more to go through it with :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Very, most definitely, a she mate! And all those wonderful changes that they go through....I wanted girls, so I can't complain. Only have two more to go through it with :facepalm:

Can we get back on topic please....!

3 hours ago, P'head Red said:

Seems positive that it is still in discussion and we have not received a flat no from Bournemouth or Tomlin.

when he signs how about we open the new stand with a signing ceremony for lee akin to that of Real Madrid when they make a marquee signing.. :whistle:

12 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Can't believe I'm about to do this....your condescending comment 0 likes, my response 3. Good, I love being vindicated by my 'little like minded followers'. Makes me feel alive

I didn't speak for the other fella, I just called you out for being an obnoxious *****, there's a difference 

I'll also speak for my 'little like minded followers' when I see fit too 

And what's wrong with 'poppet', I use it a lot, it's easier than**** and it really winds people up. It's kind of a win/win

Now now poppet

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Seems positive that it is still in discussion and we have not received a flat no from Bournemouth or Tomlin.

No doubt he is keeping his options open at present - no doubt at least 2 teams that came dowm from the Premiership are going to speak to him

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

No doubt he is keeping his options open at present - no doubt at least 2 teams that came dowm from the Premiership are going to speak to him

Possibly. I had a look on the Norwich forum and let's just say he wouldn't be as well received and loved as he is here. I imagine they would have similar feelings at Newcastle as well. Think Villa would be OK with it. They seem to understand they need a few that have done it at this level. 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

So you are going to drive/train it down to Bournemouth and hang around until he gets back from his honeymoon? Sleeping in the van to save money I hope?

:laugh: good point.....when is he back? 

(Point still stands reference someone passing him a pen though)

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

I could see Norwich being in for him, but don't see where he'd fit in at Newcastle. Not sure about Villa

34 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Possibly. I had a look on the Norwich forum and let's just say he wouldn't be as well received and loved as he is here. I imagine they would have similar feelings at Newcastle as well. Think Villa would be OK with it. They seem to understand they need a few that have done it at this level. 

Norwich would be our biggest rivals for his signature I reckon. But they may feel they can do better. Have said before, (at first sight) Tomlin doesn’t fit the mould of a Prem type player. Norwich will be after bigger signings, those who have Prem experience. Can’t see him being a Rafa type player, and Villa are a basket case right now. We might struggle if any of three beaten play-off sides come in for him, Brighton in particular. Think the stuff about Hull being interested ( as reported on a few Micky-Mouse Twitter sights) is garbage. I have a feeling that not many top clubs rate Tomlin.  

Well the club convinced Gary O'Neil to part from a club where he was playing some regular prem football and no doubt pushing to go straight back up. Can we do the same for Tomlin who didn't get much of a go in Premiership? I don't think we need to sell the club as such, he obviously enjoyed it here. It's encouraging that reports say talks are ongoing and I feel this is likely to be more with the club showing we are serious about progressing over wages at this stage.

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve still got this notion, probably just wishful thinking, that the deal`s already done and all parties have agreed to wait till after his wedding/honeymoon to announce it.

I think you may be right, heard myself that talks held before end of season and club staying quiet on it 

12 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve still got this notion, probably just wishful thinking, that the deal`s already done and all parties have agreed to wait till after his wedding/honeymoon to announce it.

With you on this one.

Archived