IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

1 hour ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

We're gonna ******* sign him. Get in, where's the party? 

Am I the only one who detected a hint of sarcasm in that post?

no idea what the Post article says as I refuse to join in thier click bait journalism but I'm surprised so many people are giving any credence to AS just days after he said he could find no evidence of our interest in O'Neil.

23 minutes ago, Red_Theo said:

I reckon "Tomlin's coming home" would be more of a viral sensation, especially among OTIB members...

He's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming,
Tomlin's coming home

He's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming,
Tomlin's coming home

Everyone seems to know the score, they've seen it all before
They just know, they're so sure
That City's gonna throw it away, gonna blow it away
But I know we can play,
'Cause I remember

Three lions drinking Natch
League one trophy gleaming
Forty years of trash
Never stopped me dreaming

So many jokes, so many sneers
But all those "oh so near's"
Wear you down, through the years
But I still see that tackle by Gow
And when Tomlin scored, Walshy belting the ball
And Murray dancing

Three lions drinking Natch
League one trophy gleaming
Forty years of trash
Never stopped me dreaming

Someone's bored today!

3 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

In response to that BBC article, Tomlin was told to 'spill the beans' by some rugby player I've never heard of (might have been a Bristol one). Tomlin's response: "Ha ha nothing to at the minute." Then a wink. Which is/was probably true. But, things moving.

aye thats what i was getting at, its not one I've dismissed out of hand which i normally do for the shit rag to be fair

Deals certainly do progress when players are on their Holibobs.  

Back in 95, me and my mates were in Kavos, and some familiar looking bloke was staying in the same complex as us.  We were debating if it was him or not.  I had a copy of 442 which had a small photo of him and we all agreed it was Mark Draper - then of Leicester.  We we finally convinced when we saw him doing one of those penalty shoot out booths, on the Kavos strip, where if you score 3 penalties you win a bottle of 'fizz" that costs less than it cost you to have a go.  Bang bang, 2 of 3 so far....bang, blasted it straight into the keepers face and broke his nose.  One of my mates went in goal for the rest of the evening!

Anyway we got chatting to him (nice bloke) and he said he was in daily contact with his agent, and was close to agreeing a £4m move to Liverpool.  Over the holiday it fell through and by the end of it he'd signed for Villa.  All sorted (maybe not signed on the dotted line - our complex barely had electricity let alone a fax machine) whilst he was out of the country.

Lets hope the same with Lee Tomlin.  If he hadn't got the shirt with him, just photoshop one, using O'Neil's body....similar ain't it :P

3 hours ago, Super said:

That's true, just all a little bit desperate from some on here.

Wait, a Gentleman with almost 22,000 posts on a forum is giving it 'ZZZZZZZZZZs' and calls of desperation because a thread has lots of posts?! Do you not see the irony at all?!?!

Of course you do, that's why your name is 'Super' I guess . . . .

Don't open and read if it's of no interest. Here's a little anecdote for you. I'm not interested in anything outside the Football Forum . . . . guess what? Never even so much ventured into the other areas I'm not interested in. Crazy, eh?

4 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Wait, a Gentleman with almost 22,000 posts on a forum is giving it 'ZZZZZZZZZZs' and calls of desperation because a thread has lots of posts?! Do you not see the irony at all?!?!

Of course you do, that's why your name is 'Super' I guess . . . .

Don't open and read if it's of no interest. Here's a little anecdote for you. I'm not interested in anything outside the Football Forum . . . . guess what? Never even so much ventured into the other areas I'm not interested in. Crazy, eh?

Calm down gentlemen , I'm meant to be the miserable bastard on here !  

6 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Actually I was told a couple of weeks ago Tomo had been out drinking with some of the Bristol rugby boys and that he'd told them a  deal was done but as nothing had happened I presumed it was rubbish...

Out drinking with that svelte physique? I won't hear it. 

33 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Actually I was told a couple of weeks ago Tomo had been out drinking with some of the Bristol rugby boys and that he'd told them a  deal was done but as nothing had happened I presumed it was rubbish...

Well, you were the first person (I think...) to let us know about Tomlin getting married on Saturday, followed by the honeymoon in Mexico, so will assume this is right. Feel like this bloody thing's been going on for months. I see Lee Tomlin's face everywhere...

Archived