IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

5 hours ago, eric04 said:

No point making an official offer to Bournemouth (I suspect we already have discussed and unofficially agreed the fee) until we've done the hard bit - personal terms with Tomlin. And that is going to be tricky. But the closer it gets to Aug 31st the more likely Bournemouth will do a deal on paying up his expensive contract. They won't do that when there are still 2 and a half months left for someone else to come in and pay him what he's earning now. 

Surely the first thing that needs to be done is an official offer to Bournemouth. If they aren't prepared to accept an offer for him (he is under contract to them, after all) then there is no deal. If BCFC start to negotiate with his agent, isn't that classed as an illegal approach?

6 minutes ago, Red Tel said:

Surely the first thing that needs to be done is an official offer to Bournemouth. If they aren't prepared to accept an offer for him (he is under contract to them, after all) then there is no deal. If BCFC start to negotiate with his agent, isn't that classed as an illegal approach?

Agents can talk to anyone, players can't. As this clearly isn't an easy deal, Bournemouth are probably involves in the talks with the agent. 

In my world it's quite simple. Make an offer that you are happy with and will not go beyond. If its acceptable fine, then do the deal, if it's not move on. Faffing around for the sake of what proberbly is a small percentage is a waste of time. Agents and players alike will soon get the message that bcfc don't mess about. Whilst he is a good player and one I would like us to sign there are others out there. We could be heading towards the scenario of last season. Let's Get the business done early, train together as a team as early as possible. Hope I am wrong but this rings of last years fiasco in transfer dealings.

41 minutes ago, Red Tel said:

My point was that the fee won't be a problem. I'm sure bournemouth have already told us what they want. And they're happy to sell. 

The tricky bit is personal terms. We will have been talking to his agent(s) since he was here last season.  

No point "officially" lodging a our offer to bournemouth if we are no where near Tomlin's terms. 

30 minutes ago, Red Rag said:

In my world it's quite simple. Make an offer that you are happy with and will not go beyond. If its acceptable fine, then do the deal, if it's not move on. Faffing around for the sake of what proberbly is a small percentage is a waste of time. Agents and players alike will soon get the message that bcfc don't mess about. Whilst he is a good player and one I would like us to sign there are others out there. We could be heading towards the scenario of last season. Let's Get the business done early, train together as a team as early as possible. Hope I am wrong but this rings of last years fiasco in transfer dealings.

I agree, another shocking transfer shambles and the following dismal start to the season to come.....

1 hour ago, Red Tel said:

I would imagine Bournemouth want rid and have named their price and as someone mentioned we are able to meet that price. Thats not the problem in my opinion. The problem i reckon is getting near his (alleged) £30k a week wages. I hope City never pay that to one player given our current standing and fan base. When the club and the agent are singing off the same hymn sheet I'm sure an official offer will be made to LT for him to peruse on which ever beach he is on at the time. 

If I had to guess.

Price with Bournemouth agreed..

Initial offer asked..

Negotiations taken place..

City clear on what Tomlin wants..

Tomlin waiting for the official offer to come in..

Tomlin now pushing the club by making this tweet.. 

6 hours ago, Griffin said:

If I had to guess.

Price with Bournemouth agreed..

Initial offer asked..

Negotiations taken place..

City clear on what Tomlin wants..

Tomlin waiting for the official offer to come in..

Tomlin now pushing the club by making this tweet.. 

I don't think we are that desirable for tomlin. He is merely putting himself in the shop window for a bigger club. 

10 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I just offered £150,000 for a classic Ferrari but have decided to buy an old Mazda for £200.

I've just saved £149,800 and am now rich beyond my wildest dream.

Or doesn't it work like that?

If your Mazda gets you from A to B in the style you wish,  then it's a "Yes from me." Perhaps you've named it Vardy?

If you've saved all that money but your new purchase doesn't start first time , is constantly going in for repairs and not available for important journeys, then its a "No from me." Perhaps you've named it..... there are too many names to suggest!

In answer to Cider red, No.  The club may believe there is someone just as good who is cheaper and won't break our budget on one player, leaving more money for two players.

It isn't as simple a process as some on Otib think

Trust Mark, Lee etc - I am positive they know what they are doing and moreover have all the facts whereas Otib depends largely on guesswork

39 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Surely we just meet his evaluation, give him a singing on fee of 2.5 mil plus 15k a week, this ensures he in effect gets the same wages as at Bournemouth, with goal bonuses etc in his deal. Either we want him or we don't, but stop fannying around already

where does that 2.5 million come from? that would be us pretty much paying 5.5 million for a player thats worth 2 million max

1 hour ago, redmycolour said:

Lee states on his twitter.thay No official approach has been made.but according to Mark Ashton he's been in constant contact with Lee Tomlin & his agent all through the summer.Who's telling the truth

Only one way to tell-----F-I-G-H-T.

Remember if Bournemouth don't want him (as we are led to believe) they don't want to be wasting £30,000 a week on his wages this season. So the closer we get to the window shutting, the better chance we've got of them "doing a deal" whereby they pay off some of that contract to enable him to take a wage cut with us but not be out of pocket.

the questions are a) whether we are prepared to be that patient, and b) whether another club come in who are happy to meet his current wages

Archived