IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

I want to know when Bristol Sport bought the Bristol Post as the latest article on the BP web-site once again appears to have been penned by the club.

Basically, this is not like last summer - we are pulling out every stop to get these done but if not, believe us, we tried.

So a bit like last summer then? :blink:

Griffin's version makes sense, Tomlin wants more than those employed by the club have authority to give, therefore they arrange for Tomlin and his agent to meet SL in London, as SL is ultimately the only person who can sanction the deal.

Tomorrow is the 1st July, the first day of a new contract for most football clubs

All adds up , hopefully

23 minutes ago, Redman91bcfc said:

Wait. When did SL go to London, have I missed something?

He hasn't recently, but in previous interviews he's spoke about flying there. I remember specifically reading him saying he flew directly there as it was convenient, I'll try to find the interview when I'm home from work.

4 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

It is very probable he will sign, that much is clear. He was on a big contract and Ashton has had to try and create a package that works for club and player. The easiest "deal" in the world is to spend without restraint. I would suggest he will be announced tomorrow , if not, then it is almost certain he will not be coming to AG. 

Maybe SL could get round FFP by just promising to buy a million baseball caps from that 'gangsta' clothing range, introduce him to Herbalife and set him up in the local Amway network?

41 minutes ago, Neo said:

I want to know when Bristol Sport bought the Bristol Post as the latest article on the BP web-site once again appears to have been penned by the club.

Basically, this is not like last summer - we are pulling out every stop to get these done but if not, believe us, we tried.

So a bit like last summer then? :blink:

Easier than doing any work yourself though, isn't it?

I mean surfing social media to find out what people are saying to each other must be exhausting...

4 minutes ago, Super said:

50 pages and we are still none the wiser.

I am, I've been reading Camus.  However my time may well have been better spent reading the instruction manual on this flaming quote function.

4 minutes ago, Super said:

6 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Wait, didn't Tomlin say his meetings in london were "Nothing to do with Bristol or football". People have been hanging off and believing his every word since his arrival, why do people suddenly not believe him now? Wishful thinking perhaps.

' nothing to do with Bristol or football ? ' 

Christ , he's signing for the Gas .

6 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

He's just tweeted a picture of him eating sushi and drinking water saying "changed man". I reckon my theory a few pages back was near the mark! ;)

He's becoming like the family Labrador that throws himself on visiters to the house .

Everyone ignores him or pushes him out of the way to stroke the cat who frankly does n't give a shit.

On re-reading my post , he's nothing like the family Labrador who really struggles with Twitter.

It's a keyboard/paw thing .

6 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If you hadn't been walking in the Malverns and fishing with your "friend" then you'd know.

Had him

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Oooh, friend. Fishing friend. :robbored:

We've had a lovely few days. I'm officially #teamneil

Now - where has LJ said he wants 1 or 2 players in tomorrow, you ****wits

15 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Had him

We've had a lovely few days. I'm officially #teamneil

Now - where has LJ said he wants 1 or 2 players in tomorrow, you ****wits

It was in the Beano . They said it but it was taken by some as that we would be unveiling new players on Friday .

I said what he wants and what he gets are n't necessarily the same thing .

( With Friday's issue there's a free ' Anglo ' bubble gum ) 

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It was in the Beano . They said it but it was taken by some as that we would be unveiling new players on Friday .

I said what he wants and what he gets are n't necessarily the same thing .

( With Friday's issue there's a free ' Anglo ' bubble gum ) 

I loved it when you got free gum, although I was more of a Buster fan than Beano. Faceache, Ivor Lott and Tony Broke....they don't write them like that anymore

47 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I am, I've been reading Camus.  However my time may well have been better spent reading the instruction manual on this flaming quote function.

Highly apt literary reference there old chum. Must say you've certainly raised the tone on this phiistine jalopy.

vis a vis the monograph of the Tomlin chappie :

"Why can't I gain entry at that door?"            -        "Because it's your door"

Archived