IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

You lost anyone important though? I know Brownhill to us and you`ve shifted out Mr Sideways but the core are still there aren`t they? My biggest worry if I were you would be Garner`s lack of goals last season - would it be worth shipping him out to a league 1 club with money (Sheff Utd say) and getting someone else in?

100% it would in my opinion.

I've been a long time critic of Garner, but he has shown about 4 times now that he doesn't cut it in the Championship.

I think this thread should be locked, every take their subs away from his twitter and and stop talking about him - then in 2 days time release a statement saying how we all love him, but feel we were being led along and that the relationship was not one based on sincerity and trust - therefore reluctantly we must move on..............

8 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I think this thread should be locked, every take their subs away from his twitter and and stop talking about him - then in 2 days time release a statement saying how we all love him, but feel we were being led along and that the relationship was not one based on sincerity and trust - therefore reluctantly we must move on..............

It`s not us it`s him. We just think we ought to be able to see other players, we`re far too young to make this commitment. We just need a bit of space at the moment.

20 minutes ago, Fiale said:

He will be running back to us in moments - forget the money, just give me a hug !!!!!!!!

But we must promise to be honest with each other. If someone else is tweeting him he has to tell us and we have to tell him if we`re tweeting other players. There has to be trust on both sides for this relationship to work.

I am glad we`ve had this chat, I feel much happier now.

7 hours ago, Super said:

We chased a lot of good players last season. Doyle is a good buy at that price surely?

He was shite for us last season. Can only hope that changes next season.

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

You lost anyone important though? I know Brownhill to us and you`ve shifted out Mr Sideways but the core are still there aren`t they? My biggest worry if I were you would be Garner`s lack of goals last season - would it be worth shipping him out to a league 1 club with money (Sheff Utd say) and getting someone else in?

We had Adam Reach on loan form Middlesbrough who is reportedly now wanted there to feature in the Prem. It will be a big loss but ultimately he was never our player. Don't want to sound like a Barnsley fan and feel entitled to keeping our good loan players!

3 hours ago, City169 said:

100% it would in my opinion.

I've been a long time critic of Garner, but he has shown about 4 times now that he doesn't cut it in the Championship.

Correct. Next season could be his last chance saloon at Champ level. If he fails again he could be offloaded next summer with a year left on his deal I reckon.

9 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Correct. Next season could be his last chance saloon at Champ level. If he fails again he could be offloaded next summer with a year left on his deal I reckon.

I find it interesting that out of the three nominees for league 1player of the two seasons back only one of them as actually succeeded in the Championship and above and he came third (Dele Alli).

26 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

the time to move on was last week,

I agree Monkeh, I can't understand why deals are taking so long, I thought Ashton was brought in to tie up deals early (like before the end of the season) I hope it doesn't turn into a re run of last season, because the players are now back in training and before long, pre season games start and then oh look the season starts.

It may be City are working to a good strategy. A take it or leave it offer has been made, but Tomlin is waiting to see if any other clubs are interested. If there is no other interest, Tomlin will come back to negotiate with City. The "take it or leave it offer" will then have minor improvements and he'll sign. Much better than in the past when City gave in and paid too much. 

Of course there are other, numerous, scenarios that might be happening. That's why we've got 50 pages 

SL has said in prior interviews that he's flew to London regarding transfers.

Monday night Tomlin talks about negotiations.

Tuesday Tomlin is in London.

Tuesday afternoon Tomlin says he's ready for next season.

Since then he's been very quiet.

Johnson wants to announce 1-2 signings tomorrow.

Probably coincidence.. but

10 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Oh I like that theory. Bring in the big guns to get the deal done. 

On 6/28/2016 at 21:05, stephenkibby. said:

ignore

38 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Probably two U21's from Crawley and Newport !:cool:

Archived