IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

1 hour ago, WRERE said:

How do you know pre season started today or yesterday for Bournemouth? I know Mings said something about training but he's returning from a season long injury so he might be in earlier than others. 

That could be the case, but I'm hoping it's not 

39 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Or to just pipe down altogether?

In an ideal world he would think twice about the content of his tweets but as people have said before they love the interaction with him - can't imagine premiership players having banter with fans on social media 

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Conversely, When we signed Bobby Kellard for a record 35 thousand, the first we knew was in the "stop press" at the bottom of the old EP!

How times change.

When we beat Leeds in that cup replay in 74? First I knew was Newton Abbot bus station picked up the Hearld Express and there it was in the stop press Dirty Leeds 0/1 The mighty Bristol City Donnie Gillis.

1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

When we beat Leeds in that cup replay in 74? First I knew was Newton Abbot bus station picked up the Hearld Express and there it was in the stop press Dirty Leeds 0/1 The mighty Bristol City Donnie Gillis.

Blimey, is that what it actually said ?

Used to love the stop press.....half time scores, racing results cricket scores etc. A bygone age, but none the worse for that.

12 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Just out of interest, why wasn't he playing if he was so good at the beginning of the season?

12 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

For Bournemouth? I have no idea. Squad game in the Prem. He'd only been there a few months. 

Think it has been quoted that the terrible injury to Callum Wilson affected the set up and LT's role as the no10, and Howe had to swap things around.  I think we saw similar evidence of Tomlin's ability to get a pacy striker (Kodjia) into good goal scoring positions.

Re The Loyal Love, if you look at Companies House (beta), you'll see it is owned by a guy called Russell Short, who has played for non-League Bury Town (not Bury), and heavily involved in Next-Gen and Jack Collison soccer schools.  Tomlin not a Director, but quite conceivably helping promotion.  

3 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Tomlin, Canos and Ekstrand :fingerscrossed:

If I was betting a quid now I'd say Tomlin and Ekstrand on Friday, if Norwich are in for Canos I expect him to go there. I don't think LJ would say that unless he had two in the bag.

The more I think about it, the more I comvince myself that Tomlin will be revealed on Friday. 

2 days of meetings in London = shit the **** up Lee and keep your head down until Friday when you can tweet as much as you like after the reveal. 

9 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

The more I think about it, the more I comvince myself that Tomlin will be revealed on Friday. 

2 days of meetings in London = shit the **** up Lee and keep your head down until Friday when you can tweet as much as you like after the reveal. 

autocorrect didn't like shut ? :P

• Admin

Don't stress it guys, if another team wanted him they'd have made a move by now considering how public our advances have been for him. I suspect we are the only club with the resources that are willing to put up with his supposed baggage. 

LT will face up to the fact soon he has two choices; sign for us on a bit less money but play every week and be loved or stay in the reserves at Bournemouth but earn a bit more money. We only have to look to last January to see which set of options is likely more important to him. 

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Don't stress it guys, if another team wanted him they'd have made a move by now considering how public our advances have been for him. I suspect we are the only club with the resources that are willing to put up with his supposed baggage. 

LT will face up to the fact soon he has two choices; sign for us on a bit less money but play every week and be loved or stay in the reserves at Bournemouth but earn a bit more money. We only have to look to last January to see which set of options is likely more important to him. 

Not only the fact that he may be playing in the reserves at bmuff, but will he feel welcomed after recent fall out with Eddie Howe and some fans on Twitter? 

3 minutes ago, Eastend said:

Not only the fact that he may be playing in the reserves at bmuff, but will he feel welcomed after recent fall out with Eddie Howe and some fans on Twitter? 

Pretty sure this tweet of his is in reference to that. His agent is stalling to get the best deal possible and stirring things to get his nice little pay packet. 

toml.PNG

3 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Pretty sure this tweet of his is in reference to that. His agent is stalling to get the best deal possible and stirring things to get his nice little pay packet. 

toml.PNG

I think and I hope your right there :shifty:

15 minutes ago, Super said:

Jesus wept. Is this a joke?

Id have preferred to see an article about how OTIB stalwart @Woodsy was being challenged for his crown by Young Buck @NeilS, (who incidentally enjoys romantic strolls in the Malverns on warm summer evenings.)

39 minutes ago, Super said:

I read his tweet this morning and thought to myself - surely the BEP would not report this as another attempt for a few column inches or "news" on their football web-site page - alas !!

The slightly interesting bit of the article is the words "is currently in London negotiating his deal".  Either Tomlin was lying on his tweets yesterday that the two day trip to London had nothing to do with football or the BEP have jumped to an incorrect, misleading conclusion - but based on the Stockhausen "press release" type story yesterday, I'm hopeful it is the former.

Archived