IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

8 hours ago, Kibs said:

As I said above, I'm assuming Tomlin isn't making it up.

Why would he go public with lies about his next potential employer?

I've known people in actuality, do even better than that!!....nowt so strange as folk.just hope its a blip in proceedings and we get the job done,though its clear those goalposts can widen only so far-what were all hoping is that were not looking at the same 'fingers in the pie' type meddling that was reputed to be the cause of last years transfer mayhem.a faint alarm-bell in the distance??

Some of you saying you wouldn't have Tomlin because he interacts with fans on Twitter need to stop being so precious. Everyone was glad to get him in January and he was just as honest on it then. Then he goes and basically carries us to safety. Our your memories really so short? We are Bristol City. Are we really in a position to turn down a quality player that seemingly does want to be here? No we aren't. Wages? Fair enough, we need to have a limit but get over it with the twitter. He likes to tweet about things on his mind. He isn't doing drugs, drink driving or worse. 

21 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Some of you saying you wouldn't have Tomlin because he interacts with fans on Twitter need to stop being so precious. Everyone was glad to get him in January and he was just as honest on it then. Then he goes and basically carries us to safety. Our your memories really so short? We are Bristol City. Are we really in a position to turn down a quality player that seemingly does want to be here? No we aren't. Wages? Fair enough, we need to have a limit but get over it with the twitter. He likes to tweet about things on his mind. He isn't doing drugs, drink driving or worse. 

I dont think it's interacting with the fans, most of us like the fact that a player keeps in with the fans. It is the content of his Tweets that are worrying people. He shouldnt tell people any details of his proposed contract it is only the buisiness of LT his Agent and the club and should not be put out in the public domain You can understand the Club not being happy with this and could pull the plug on the deal just because LT wants to be one of the boys Very Silly

4 minutes ago, westonred said:

I dont think it's interacting with the fans, most of us like the fact that a player keeps in with the fans. It is the content of his Tweets that are worrying people. He shouldnt tell people any details of his proposed contract it is only the buisiness of LT his Agent and the club and should not be put out in the public domain You can understand the Club not being happy with this and could pull the plug on the deal just because LT wants to be one of the boys Very Silly

I get maybe he goes a bit too far but I still think that being a deal breaker for a guy that's a stand out player in the league for us, a perennial lower half team, is too far. He's too good to worry about him tweeting that he wants to be here. As far as is it true or not, who knows? If he is angling to get as much as he can per week then fair enough. This could be his last contract he can get for his full value. I don't blame him for wanting as much as he can. 

Just saying, even if you think he's too honest and reveals too much, it's only Twitter. He's not doing thousand of other things that would actually be bad for the club. 

I wonder what the reaction would be if the club came out and said the deal is off, we just couldnt afford the deal and will move on to other targets?  I guess frustration but with a degree of understanding for most of us?

Have we considered a season long loan?

4 minutes ago, Griffin said:

I think he's signed.. clearly burnt his bridges at 'muff, doesn't make sense to be so publicly (extra) controversial if he wants to get a move to any other team this summer.

Yes. I'm kind of hoping you're right there. It's one of two;

signed, or unimaginably stupid. 

7 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Thought he was starting pre season?

Or is it 2 days of meetings with Bournemouth/Agent/Other Clubs?

No longer optimistic on this one. 

Nope. Nor me. Unless it's an elaborate blag. Yeh, it's going to be that, surely, hopefully?

This could be his loyal love clothing range? Or could be talks with us, or any other club. The more this is dragged out the more I worry... Surely it's as plain as black and white to sort a contract out?

"How much do you want Lee?"

"I want £xxxxx" 

"we can't afford that but if we give you a large signing on fee an £xxx amount would you be willing to sign" 

"yeah ok" 

"brilliant" 

or  

"no I want more than that" 

"we can't give you more, we'll have to look elsewhere, thanks for last season, good luck with your future" 

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Nope. Nor me. Unless it's an elaborate blag. Yeh, it's going to be that, surely, hopefully?

Newcastle have an office in London, but I've not heard his named mentioned in those circles (usually would). 

Clearly talking to other clubs.

I dared to dream.  

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Time to move on good luck to him getting the money he wants, maybe it was never about playing regular football with him.

People often say this... And it always makes me wonder how valid a consideration it is for footballers. 

I think pretty much all footballers are arrogant (or stupid) enough to consider themselves first choice wherever they go. I genuinely don't think it will be a consideration at all that they'll be playing regular football because they'll always assume they're good enough. 

The lure of 'first name on the team sheet' that is so often made reference to on here, exists only in our heads I fear. 

Archived