IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

I think we are at a stage where we will know once and for all in the next couple of days.  If it doesn't happen, not saying it won't, but more likely to be nearer start of season, whilst we look elsewhere.

I don't think anyone can complain about his tweets.

We all crave a bit of interaction with him, we like a bit of banter, wind-up etc, but when it seems that it's not what we want hear, then we get all bitter and twisted.  Time to realise what Twitter is.

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Here's a thought. Does MA have total authority to make an offer. Or does he discuss with the agent, come to some understanding BUT then have to go cap in hand to SL for signoff?

If the latter you can start to imagine how supposedly 'agreed' offers might have to be subsequently changed.

I am totally not ITK but just sounds odd that we have heard the same rumours before with a different guy negotiating for the club.

Good management is setting the limits then delegating authority. If SL doesn't do that he may as well do the job himself.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think we are at a stage where we will know once and for all in the next couple of days.  If it doesn't happen, not saying it won't, but more likely to be nearer start of season, whilst we look elsewhere.

I don't think anyone can complain about his tweets.

We all crave a bit of interaction with him, we like a bit of banter, wind-up etc, but when it seems that it's not what we want hear, then we get all bitter and twisted.  Time to realise what Twitter is.

Bang on. He may want to join us, but the continual harassing him on Twitter would annoy even the most patient man. We're like that attractive girl who turned out a bunny boiler in the way we're chasing him on Twitter. 

My opinion/hope? For that reason, he's tweeted what he's tweeted in "banter". Ultimately, if you were in job negotiations, you don't want to tell the world and his wife constantly how it's going. Chill and back off the bloke - what will be will be

5 minutes ago, Super said:

I think some on here think we should pay him any amount! No doubt we are making him a very good offer the rest is up to him, get the feeling it's all about money with him, if it is tell him to do one and move on.

I agree but to offer him a deal that is acceptable to him and then reduce it is pretty shocking. 

Sounds like he's getting a bit fed up with it all to me. Can't blame him either.

Bottom line is if we can't/won't pay what he wants, we move on now else we're going to end up in the same stupid situation as last season.

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bang on. He may want to join us, but the continual harassing him on Twitter would annoy even the most patient man. We're like that attractive girl who turned out a bunny boiler in the way we're chasing him on Twitter. 

My opinion/hope? For that reason, he's tweeted what he's tweeted in "banter". Ultimately, if you were in job negotiations, you don't want to tell the world and his wife constantly how it's going. Chill and back off the bloke - what will be will be

To be fair I don't think what our fans do on Twitter is any worse or different to what other clubs fans do.

Annoying sure, but par for the course. No one forces them to use social media. 

Am I missing something; where does it say we've altered our offer? We've agreed a deal with Bournemouth, I suspect a chat has happened previously between the club, Tomlin and his agent. 

The guy has been bombarded with tweets , when you signing, why aren't you signing etc, etc. 

Give him a break, it's a private matter between him and the club. It will either be confirmed it he will turn us down. A fan tweeting him isn't going to influence his decision. 

Just feel sorry for the guy because if he doesn't sign for us, he's going to have the same people calling him a **** etc, etc. It makes us look like a small club and in my opinion will ultimately discourage players signing for us

Can't say the twitter chit chat is doing anyone any good although, Tomlin is known in football circles as a bit of a joker and wind up merchant. Surprised he has put stuff about talks on line but suppose he holds all the card's but if I was LJ or MA I don't think I would be best pleased

4 minutes ago, daored said:

Am I missing something; where does it say we've altered our offer? We've agreed a deal with Bournemouth, I suspect a chat has happened previously between the club, Tomlin and his agent. 

The guy has been bombarded with tweets , when you signing, why aren't you signing etc, etc. 

Give him a break, it's a private matter between him and the club. It will either be confirmed it he will turn us down. A fan tweeting him isn't going to influence his decision. 

Just feel sorry for the guy because if he doesn't sign for us, he's going to have the same people calling him a **** etc, etc. It makes us look like a small club and in my opinion will ultimately discourage players signing for us

He's since deleted the changing offer tweet.

Tomlin Deal breakdown.PNG

43 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

******* mark Ashton! What is he playing about at?!

If what's being said is true it's not Mark Ashton your anger should be aimed at. He's not the one pulling the strings...

12 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I agree but to offer him a deal that is acceptable to him and then reduce it is pretty shocking. 

Sounds like he's getting a bit fed up with it all to me. Can't blame him either.

Bottom line is if we can't/won't pay what he wants, we move on now else we're going to end up in the same stupid situation as last season.

We don't know exactly what the deal was, who may have messed who about, etc.  We are all speculating.  

What would we say if Ashton came on here and said, we agreed a deal, and Tomlin's agent wanted a bit more.  That could be what happened.

This is a forum, so we can carry on the debate, but we are all guessing, well 99.99% of us are.

Twitter is used by many players and millions of fans. Every player linked with a team gets what Tomlin is getting. Twitter is also a tool to get different bits of information. How far you can take those 150 letters is up to the person reading and writing them. It's useful. We can interpret Tomlin's tweets in any way we want. Only he will know what is truly going on. I can't see anything wrong with him discussing a few things(maybe the changed deal bit too far true or not). I enjoy that he will interact with the fans. Many wouldn't bother but I think it's a good thing for the most part. 

Does Ashton not pull the strings? I thought he was key in negotiating contracts and Johnson gives the okay if he wants the player.

as it is contractual, it would be MA that anger should be aimed at. We are apparently playing silly buggers when it was clearly stated by player that an acceptable contract had already been offered.

Bored now, not the way to conduct business.  I would have loved him to be our player next season but I can now see why the Bournmouth fans dislike the social media stuff, not sure that our contracted players will be too impressed.

Two sides to every story. 

I think it's much more likely the agent has come up with a few extra demands when it came down to signing things off. 

We've been talking all summer, before finally bidding. I can't believe we would be as stupid as to try and save a few quid now. 

7 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Does Ashton not pull the strings? I thought he was key in negotiating contracts and Johnson gives the okay if he wants the player.

as it is contractual, it would be MA that anger should be aimed at. We are apparently playing silly buggers when it was clearly stated by player that an acceptable contract had already been offered.

I think Ive read everything tweeted and written by and about Tomlin.  Not once have I ever read that an acceptable contract had been offered- Just let us know where that was 'clearly stated by player'.

Why on earth are people jumping to the gun that MA has screwed the deal? It is common knowledge that we would make LT the highest paid player in our club's history. Who's to say that greed hasn't crept in.

We just don't know so just maybe we should give our club the benefit of the doubt and just maybe we'll also see Tomlin join in the next few days and just maybe we should keep our toys in the pram for now.

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think Ive read everything tweeted and written by and about Tomlin.  Not once have I ever read that an acceptable contract had been offered- Just let us know where that was 'clearly stated by player'.

Why on earth are people jumping to the gun that MA has screwed the deal? It is common knowledge that we would make LT the highest paid player in our club's history. Who's to say that greed hasn't crept in.

We just don't know so just maybe we should give our club the benefit of the doubt and just maybe we'll also see Tomlin join in the next few days and just maybe we should keep our toys in the pram for now.

See post 1724.

Nobody has any idea of what is happening behind closed doors in high value negotiations that could potentially either make or break the club . They don't know what individuals are involved at different stages , what stage they're at or what maximum numbers they've been given to play with . 

Yet people are getting angry without any of that knowledge , blaming individuals , blaming the club , blaming the owner . 

A lot of immaturity on here . I guess it's largely younger posters who dont seem to have any understanding of the real world . If they can't have their own way it's not fair , and those that they disagree with are thick, idiots ,useless , etc 

4 minutes ago, redapple said:

Nobody has any idea of what is happening behind closed doors in high value negotiations that could potentially either make or break the club . They don't know what individuals are involved at different stages , what stage they're at or what maximum numbers they've been given to play with . 

Yet people are getting angry without any of that knowledge , blaming individuals , blaming the club , blaming the owner . 

A lot of immaturity on here . I guess it's largely younger posters who dont seem to have any understanding of the real world . If they can't have their own way it's not fair , and those that they disagree with are thick, idiots ,useless , etc 

Post of the day.

7 minutes ago, redapple said:

Pretty sure from polls asking ages before that most of the forum are older than young, so its just miserable old gits

Archived