IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

3 hours ago, Red Homer said:

Think the £30m price tag may be a bit out of our reach. However, is it worth spending the extra considering he scored 60 goals in 8 games - imagine how many he could get over a whole season!

That's 360 goals over the season. P*** poor for the money if you ask me. What's Stern John up to these days? 

18 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I simply cannot comprehend how shit the Bristol Post is. They've written an article about how City fans have edited LT's Wikipedia page. 

If anyone from the BP is reading this, then you should feel very, very ashamed prowed. 

Edited that for you.

Regards

The Sports Editor, Bristol Post.

23 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I simply cannot comprehend how shit the Bristol Post is. They've written an article about how City fans have edited LT's Wikipedia page. 

If anyone from the BP is reading this, then you should feel very, very ashamed. 

Luckily I can't even read it ! 

Battling with pop ups is not my idea of an interesting way to spend my Time . 

I am not motivated enough to install Ad blocker either .

14 hours ago, NeilS said:

I had to post something, there is a glich on the system and and the post wont go until you post any old rubbish, so I did, I followed your lead. :P

See you got Woodsy with you too, come out Woodsy I won't be mean to you xx

In your original post it says 'Edited 14 hours ago by NeilS
Found Woodsy'

What does 'found Woodsy' mean? Are you seriously searching for me on here? I'm not sure if you need more fishing, or less - but you really need to find something else to do with your time

I find that a little creepy, if I'm honest. You sound like the kind of person I warn my daughters about when they are online.....

8 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

Master puppeteer...

image.png

I think that maybe giving him a bit too much credit, hardly Francis Urquart is he?

More like those people on Facebook that change their relationship status to 'it's complicated'.  I'd hope if he does join someone sorts his twittering's out!

edit: if you're reading lee I love you really, it's just complicated at the moment xxx

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

May sound silly but with that tweet and the kind of guy he his, I'd say he is ours!

I would be inclined to agree. Looks to me like a follow up tweet saying, "...to pack up and move to Bristol" could well be coming.

18 hours ago, Ian M said:

Surely he'll have broken in and be sat in the dark in the corner ready to greet Lee movie-villain-stylee. "We've been waiting for you Mr Tomlin"

Let's be really clear here - I'd imagine he'll be there with a swab to take his dna - he's gotta be the right fit!

10 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Anybody know if its good news.or is tomlin teasing on twitter.

Not sure what post you mean as he said he's off back to Bournemouth for training, that doesn't make anything certain other than a deal isn't fully agreed yet.

Harry Arter has done the most 'teasing' tweet, asking Tomlin if he was going to say his goodbyes.

6 minutes ago, City169 said:

Not sure what post you mean as he said he's off back to Bournemouth for training, that doesn't make anything certain other than a deal isn't fully agreed yet.

Harry Arter has done the most 'teasing' tweet, asking Tomlin if he was going to say his goodbyes.

Where's the Arter tweet? Can't see anything on there now.

I tweeted Alan Nixon about Canos/Tomlin. He said fees agreed for both, Canos moving on to terms and medical now, where Tomlin is stuck at very expensive wages. 

Not much new, but starting to look more likely that Canos is on the way. I can't help but feel Tomlin is trying to get the BCFC fans going to force the clubs hand. Shame on him if so!

24 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Where's the Arter tweet? Can't see anything on there now.

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

He didn't tweet it - it was some random stalker City supporter.

Yeah, my mistake, saw tomlins was a reply to Arter. Mixed up the tweets

13 minutes ago, cynic said:

If we are still stuck on Tomlins wages after all this time, then its time to move on.

He aint worth a reputed 28k per week - especially in the Championship.

Its not as if he has a line of clubs begging for his signature (just the sad stalkers on twitter begging him to join us), so he won't be getting 28k pw from anywhere else other than Bournemouth.

Half that amount is pushing it..

I'm half with you on this. He won't get that much with us. I think it is their stall tactic. Hoping someone else may come in to pay him. Which is why I always said, if we sign him, it'll be later in the summer. Need to put a foot down though at some point. Ok Lee, we can't leave these wages aside for you any longer. If you aren't coming for them then we need to move on. I would hope we could be in that 20k range for him but if h wants more from us, I'd lean towards leaving it go. 

17 minutes ago, cynic said:

If we are still stuck on Tomlins wages after all this time, then its time to move on.

Its not as if he has a line of clubs begging for his signature (just the sad stalkers on twitter begging him to join us), so he won't be getting 28k pw from anywhere else other than Bournemouth.

I think Canos may be a sign of that. Keep going with Tomlin but don't let him be an obstruction to getting other stuff done

9 minutes ago, cynic said:

I agree about the delay and wonder which side is prevaricating.Thing is mate if, as many believe, Tomlin is the type of player needed to take us to the promised land, this time next year if promoted we would  be faced with paying the whole squad that kind of money. In that context a sprinkling of players on that money in the Championship this season is a justified, necessary expense.

20 minutes ago, cynic said:

where has the 28k figure come from?

47 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

I tweeted Alan Nixon about Canos/Tomlin. He said fees agreed for both, Canos moving on to terms and medical now, where Tomlin is stuck at very expensive wages. 

Not much new, but starting to look more likely that Canos is on the way. I can't help but feel Tomlin is trying to get the BCFC fans going to force the clubs hand. Shame on him if so!

That probably means the tomlin deal is done and canos is probably going to fall through 

Archived