IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

Waited till the morning to post to try and be more objective and any way I look at I still can't see why, after weeks of negotiations with his representatives, we would put an offer to Bournemouth unless it had all been sorted.

Surely it's just a matter of time now. Monday would be my guess as weekend announcements at our club are few and far between.

How about Tomlin, Fletcher and Grabban all announced at the same time. Until it doesn't happen, it's a possibility!!!! 

Whilst things are encouraging, I've learned to not get too excited until it actually happens. Until then, he can still sign for somebody else.

28 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

It's important to my sanity that I choose to believe we must have agreed terms before making an offer. We must have learned something from last summer.

I agree we wouldn't have bid without knowing what he wants. Fingers crossed we get this one done before anyone else tries to counter bid

2 hours ago, citywest30 said:

Waited till the morning to post to try and be more objective and any way I look at I still can't see why, after weeks of negotiations with his representatives, we would put an offer to Bournemouth unless it had all been sorted.

Surely it's just a matter of time now. Monday would be my guess as weekend announcements at our club are few and far between.

Adam Baker just tweeted his of to France so it won't be this weekend. Monday's my guess too.. If he's along side Baker.. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I believe that, IF the reports on Sky and HITC are accurate, the Club will have already ironed out the most difficult part of any recruitment; the details of signing on fee and salary package with Tomlin / Tomlin's Agent.

The transfer fee, be it £2m / £3m or any other figure is almost certainly the simple bit of the transfer. The fee agreed with Bournemouth could now also be less than they signed him for because the "Loan Fee" plus any of his wages last season may be counted as part of the transfer fee; the same amount in total to Bournemouth but less outlay this season for City.

Now the waiting continues. 

1 hour ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Adam Baker just tweeted his of to France so it won't be this weekend. Monday's my guess too.. If he's along side Baker.. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Think you are right. Waiting for Adam to return before announcement is made. Think Sky's announcement is via his agent.

1 hour ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Oh *****cks was hoping Baker was joining us at CB. I blame all the Brexits. He'll get a right barracking up the Champs is easy

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

I agree we wouldn't have bid without knowing what he wants. Fingers crossed we get this one done before anyone else tries to counter bid

I don`t think other clubs coming in would be a problem now. It`s not as if it hasn`t been common knowledge for weeks that we`re after him and he would have known what other clubs could/would offer long before now. I doubt Bournemouth would want to **** the whole thing at this late stage by accepting a bid that`s 500k higher than ours from someone else either. Coupled with the fact that LT obviously wants to come, I`m going 80-20 in our favour now - I was about 60-40 last week. I also believe we`ve agreed to back off about Mousset as part of it too.

Mind you, I thought `remain` was nailed on so what do I know!

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

This is going to be a VERY long weekend waiting, hoping , praying  for an announcement on Monday.

Can anyone help us all by making suggestions of other stuff we can think about to pass the time more quickly?

( thanks in advance- I know I can rely on you)

Euros back on today!:clap::clap::clap:

ODI tomorrow in Bristol from 10:30.

Glasto on the telly.

All that might only make it feel like Monday`s a week away rather than a month!

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t think other clubs coming in would be a problem now. It`s not as if it hasn`t been common knowledge for weeks that we`re after him and he would have known what other clubs could/would offer long before now. I doubt Bournemouth would want to **** the whole thing at this late stage by accepting a bid that`s 500k higher than ours from someone else either. Coupled with the fact that LT obviously wants to come, I`m going 80-20 in our favour now - I was about 60-40 last week. I also believe we`ve agreed to back off about Mousset as part of it too.

Mind you, I thought `remain` was nailed on so what do I know!

Wait are you saying we voted out?

Archived