IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

3 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

As much as we love tomlin, he is surely on the verge of turning it all into a negative the longer this goes on?

surely we will all get tired of this soon, and if so, need to get dack in instead. We can't be held to ransome no matter how good he is.

I don't really want Dack personally but yes, we will need to move on eventually(soon). 

11 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Canos is instead of, not in addition too Tomlin Imo.

Doubt we'd sign a 19 year old winger instead of the championship experienced Tomlin as a replacement. Doesn't make sense to do that. Part of the reason we'd want him is his guile and experience, in addition to his ability. Signing a youngster as a replacement doesn't give us this.

28 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

I agree about the delay and wonder which side is prevaricating.Thing is mate if, as many believe, Tomlin is the type of player needed to take us to the promised land, this time next year if promoted we would  be faced with paying the whole squad that kind of money. In that context a sprinkling of players on that money in the Championship this season is a justified, necessary expense.

Clearly the problem is that if we dont go up, we have a player who is earning way too much for a club like us to sustain.

Hasn't this already been sorted. 

SL will "pay him" in accordance with our wage structure & budget limits and make up the remuneration with a sneaky little "signing on fee". 

If fee has been accepted then I'd guess that if LT is going to sign then it will happen this week. If I doesn't then I think it's not going to. 

Just seen this on Twitter between Tomlin and Mings which makes me think Tomlin is joking and won't be going back to Bournemouth for preseason so hopefully he'll want to get something sorted soon.

This is all guess work though and maybe he could mean it. :igiveup:

image.png

5 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

Just seen this on Twitter between Tomlin and Mings which makes me think Tomlin is joking and won't be going back to Bournemouth for preseason so hopefully he'll want to get something sorted soon.

image.png

Yeah exactly. Surely he'd be at training today if that was the case? Also, 'soon' doesn't sound like tomorrow does it?

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Yeah exactly. Surely he'd be at training today if that was the case? Also, 'soon' doesn't sound like tomorrow does it?

Yep. Good enough for me welcome to the club Lee.

5 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

image.png

In fairness Tomlin seems to be a bit of a joker personality, watched him before a couple games and he was gently winding up a few of the lads, Bobby Reid specifically threatening to nudge him over during warm ups etc, so could be anything!

15 minutes ago, Coppello said:

19 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

image.png

Looks like he'll be there soon .....

Archived