IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We don't know exactly what the deal was, who may have messed who about, etc.  We are all speculating.  

What would we say if Ashton came on here and said, we agreed a deal, and Tomlin's agent wanted a bit more.  That could be what happened.

This is a forum, so we can carry on the debate, but we are all guessing, well 99.99% of us are.

I'm not speculating at all. I'm assuming Tomlin is telling the truth.

7 minutes ago, redapple said:

Nobody has any idea of what is happening behind closed doors in high value negotiations that could potentially either make or break the club . They don't know what individuals are involved at different stages , what stage they're at or what maximum numbers they've been given to play with . 

Yet people are getting angry without any of that knowledge , blaming individuals , blaming the club , blaming the owner . 

A lot of immaturity on here . I guess it's largely younger posters who dont seem to have any understanding of the real world . If they can't have their own way it's not fair , and those that they disagree with are thick, idiots ,useless , etc 

True up to a point except we know what Tomlin claimed had happened. I suspect his agent told him to delete that tweet.

14 minutes ago, redapple said:

Nobody has any idea of what is happening behind closed doors in high value negotiations that could potentially either make or break the club . They don't know what individuals are involved at different stages , what stage they're at or what maximum numbers they've been given to play with . 

Yet people are getting angry without any of that knowledge , blaming individuals , blaming the club , blaming the owner . 

A lot of immaturity on here . I guess it's largely younger posters who dont seem to have any understanding of the real world . If they can't have their own way it's not fair , and those that they disagree with are thick, idiots ,useless , etc 

I agree but if I was trying to pull in a multi million pound contract I'm pretty sure I wouldn't put details on social media.

1 hour ago, Kibs said:

I agree but to offer him a deal that is acceptable to him and then reduce it is pretty shocking. 

Sounds like he's getting a bit fed up with it all to me. Can't blame him either.

Bottom line is if we can't/won't pay what he wants, we move on now else we're going to end up in the same stupid situation as last season.

And how do you know its true! Any reason to slate this club.

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I agree but if I was trying to pull in a multi million pound contract I'm pretty sure I wouldn't put details on social media.

No- he really really shouldn't but here's my take on it:

I think Tomlin has absolutely LOVED all the attention he's received from us fans and BCFC. He had a good time here, played some great football and was really appreciated by all. City are a club well worth coming to and I think once it was obvious that no Prem club was in for him and Bournemouth ready to let him go then he made his mind up to come to us.....

So long as we pay the c.£1m per annum he wants.

The negotiations which he has left to his agent may not have gone exactly to plan so far and his temper may have risen and had a temporary hissy fit. He wants to get the deal over the line too but he's a young footballer and impatient to get going.T

weeting his frustration to the world is a tad worrying on a number of levels and this may not have been lost on BCFC officials. Or us.

10 minutes ago, Super said:

And how do you know its true! Any reason to slate this club.

As I said above, I'm assuming Tomlin isn't making it up.

Why would he go public with lies about his next potential employer?

Do feel that looking at Lee Tomlin's messages. He is deliberately trying to annoy all the City fans to make the board and Mark Ashton feel bad and putting pressure on them to pay what he and his agent wants. Really is rubbish from him really and putting such unnecessary negativity around the club when we should be looking forward. 

2 minutes ago, bcfcchris2016 said:

Do feel that looking at Lee Tomlin's messages. He is deliberately trying to annoy all the City fans to make the board and Mark Ashton feel bad and putting pressure on them to pay what he and his agent wants. Really is rubbish from him really and putting such unnecessary negativity around the club when we should be looking forward. 

If he signs though it`ll all be forgotten by August.

Great player but Jesus he does talk a lot of bollox on that Twitter. Going off this lad big time. Either sign or stay put in the Bournemouth stiffs, it's as simple as that. Time we moved on, I sence he is going to be too much trouble for Bcfc.

1 hour ago, redapple said:

Brexit again?

27 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I say clearly NO to Tomlin.  He's shown himself addicted to social media, more so it seems than to football.  We don't need at Ashton Gate someone so up his own

Go away Tomlin, we can do better

All about money with him.

29 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

44pages later......

I'm hoping for a 28 days later..............

Crap day at work, all this shite with Tomlin and possibly another complete balls up by the club, and then those retards losing to the Fish Finger Shop, **** it, I hope I find some Zombies in the Garage!

Modern day players do seem to have very big egos. At what point in their career does the fact you kick a bag of air for a living impact on their ability to see the world quite so differently from what are useually humble beginnings. If a lad of mine behaved in the way these guys do theirs ears would be ringing.

11 minutes ago, Red Rag said:

Modern day players do seem to have very big egos. At what point in their career does the fact you kick a bag of air for a living impact on their ability to see the world quite so differently from what are useually humble beginnings. If a lad of mine behaved in the way these guys do theirs ears would be ringing.

I have to agree with your sentiment. I get all the stuff about short career and dog eat dog etc but I really do struggle with the protracted financial demands of footballers in general wanting  more per week than most individuals earn in a year often working in unfulfilling  jobs. 

I have to say that Lee's (deleted) tweets have made me question whether this move is as good for us as I have previously thought.

Crap night though- maybe I'll feel different tomorrow when he signs.

3 hours ago, redapple said:

Absolutely spot on apart from the last paragraph. Some of the biggest dummy spitting and kneejerk reactions on here are regularly from people who are more than old enough to know better.

I'm quite sad sad about this as I think he would have been great for us but I can't believe that Johnson and Ashton would put up with this stupid stuff on Twitter, maybe the Bournemouth fans were right.

I'd personally go and tell him to do one, but with regret.  

To bust our wage budget on someone so truculent in public would be a massive mistake in my opinion.  Let's just thank him for his time here and wish him luck for the future on whichever highly paid bench he's sitting on.

I maybe fickle but the love has gone for me.

LJ and MA must be questioning his DNA credentials and quite rightfully so.

Although a class act (on the field) would it be right to break our wage structure for him? .....  I'm not so sure it is now - imagine what his ego would be like after getting a big fat juicy contract.

Two weeks ago I was all behind this signing .. but now I'm thinking this could be all wrong for us and time to look elsewhere.

Archived