IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

16 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I suppose it depends what he means by Bristol changing the deal? It could be a legal contract thing that needs to be sorted out, not reneging on their original offer? I'm sure that happened on another deal recently

If he called us that we should cancel the deal!

AS latest article i believe is probably where the deals at - LT would of reported to Bournemouth for training if he wasn't off, and he's gone to London today to finalise the deal as we've now come to a package which suits everyone. LTs interaction last night was in reflection (after my thoughts last night) his one last way of being a joker. I believe this deal will be announced over the coming days and be officially unveiled at failand on Friday at the press event.

• Admin

Presumably it was on his agent's advice that he quickly deleted that Tweet yesterday, he doesn't strike me as the sort to particularly care if he upsets the apple cart with what he writes. His agent will know that by making that public he actually weakened his negotiating position with City and we may now end up with a deal slightly more in our favour than we would have done had LT kept his mouth shut fingers to himself. I still think he'll sign for us as the options appear to be sign for us or stay in Bournemouth reserves as going by their own tweets, Bournemouth players have returned to pre-season training and LT hasn't.

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Presumably it was on his agent's advice that he quickly deleted that Tweet yesterday, he doesn't strike me as the sort to particularly care if he upsets the apple cart with what he writes. His agent will know that by making that public he actually weakened his negotiating position with City and we may now end up with a deal slightly more in our favour than we would have done had LT kept his mouth shut fingers to himself. I still think he'll sign for us as the options appear to be sign for us or stay in Bournemouth reserves as going by their own tweets, Bournemouth players have returned to pre-season training and LT hasn't.

Exactly. That particular, revealing, tweet was pretty unwise. Didn't stay up for long. 

3 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Anyone else think that Stockhausen's latest article reads more like a club statement rather than his usual speculative posts?

Maybe the club's way of getting their position out by the back door?

The club are about as close to the post as us fans are to supporting Bristol rovers 

Perhaps we had agreed a deal providing LT came back from the summer in a certain condition. I believe fitness testing was carried out yesterday, maybe Tomlin was to far off the where he should have been? City, rightly so, want to know that he is committed and focused if we are going to hand out the most expensive contract in the clubs history.

Maybe City have given him another few days to get up to speed or offered an alternative deal to protect the club. It wouldn't surprise me if SL pulled the plug after such unprofessional behaviour. It seemed a calculated tweet to get the fans to put pressure on the club.

The fact that Tomlin deleted the tweet makes me hope that it isn't over yet. But as many have said we can't wait for ever and we can't let anyone take the piss. 

7 minutes ago, NeilS said:

So there has been some thought into whether Tomlin would be a good fit, after all the must sign him at all costs some are seeing him as a bit of a square peg perhaps? He has not exactly endeared himself to me with his tweets, he does seem to have an arrogance that even surpasses the most renowned posters on here, why he might even give Ronaldo a few tips.

Think this one is slipping away.   

I'm not sure he's done too much that's overly arrogant. Stupid maybe, arrogant not so much. 

Let's remember that he's a footballer. And he ain't no Joe Bryan in the brains department. 

3 hours ago, NeilS said:

For me he has done himself no favours with all this Tweeting, and that shows a lack of respect to both Bournemouth and City, you would hardly do similar if you were chasing a job outside of football would you? Perhaps that is the reason we have gone cold on him if we have, mind you the way some have acted on here messaging him constantly has no doubt boosted his ego even more than it was. I want Lee here, I do, but I also want someone who buy's into the team ethic 100%. LT has an undeniable talent, but perhaps there are other factors that make him a difficult proposition, the Club have been put in a difficult  position, and I wouldn't blame them for scuppering any deal.

Yeah I agree with that. It does show a certain amount of immaturity. But then again, he is a maverick on the pitch, so it runs concurrent that he is off it as well I suppose! 

Lee Tomlin; Bristol's own Zlatan?

45 minutes ago, NeilS said:

No one in particular, just nice to read a few intelligent well thought out posts for a change.

If all our posts were intelligent and well thought out, even if the majority were then I'd find OTIB a pretty dull place.

It's just a fun football forum which occasionally gets serious, occasionally gets informative but never ITK. Whatever it is....it isn't to be taken too seriously or to vent animosity on a fellow fan. Having said that, the 'see you round the back of the Dolman' is usually a great read.

And if people get too out of order then the Mods ban them like they did to poor old Kachina :punish: 

I am back already - sad :grr:

I do think the BEP report has basically been written by the club - it is definitely trying to diffuse a growing situation - probably stemming from this forum blowing hot and cold.

This has got so out of control; particularly on social media, that we could actually see this transfer die; nobody truly wants that surely? 

Hate/Love for Tomlim, Hate/love for Ashton/club etc. is stupid comments that will not help anybody - do people think online junkie LT is not reading this and will not see the sudden shift in opinion - our best bet of signing him has always been his inflated ego thinking he is going to be worshipped like a god here - take that away by slating him and what else can we actually offer that many clubs won't be prepared to better?

This is without a doubt the biggest talent since "our Jacki" and the fact we could sign him is massive.  I honestly believe Tomlin plus one or two more is the difference between top 10 and bottom 10 this coming season.

As said on here, the badgering of Tomlin on twitter, not helped by his stupid tweets, is embarrasing and I think all parties - the improtant ones (i.e. not this firking forum), need this to stop if we have any chance of getting this over the line.

We know Tomlin is a joker, is it possible he heard about us changing the offer with Gayle/Gray (I forget which) and is just winding the fans up?

It's clearly not that much of a secret as many of us on here have now read about it, and Tomlin spent 5 months in and around people who would know much more.

7 minutes ago, City169 said:

We know Tomlin is a joker, is it possible he heard about us changing the offer with Gayle/Gray (I forget which) and is just winding the fans up?

It's clearly not that much of a secret as many of us on here have now read about it, and Tomlin spent 5 months in and around people who would know much more.

Doubt it. I genuinely think it's simply because he's not very intelligent and doesn't know when to stop posting.

Must be infuriating for Ashton, Johnson etc

7 minutes ago, City169 said:

I don't believe that for a second , but if that was his thinking then I'm sure the Club and his Agent have found it hilarious.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Doubt it. I genuinely think it's simply because he's not very intelligent and doesn't know when to stop posting.

Must be infuriating for Ashton, Johnson etc

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I don't believe that for a second , but if that was his thinking then I'm sure the Club and his Agent have found it hilarious.

I know it's unlikely, and I'm inclined to think the same as Phileas, but much stranger things have been the case before.

2 minutes ago, City169 said:

I know it's unlikely, and I'm inclined to think the same as Phileas, but much stranger things have been the case before.

I actually think he will end up signing, or he already has and we haven't announced it yet.

Think the club might be planning a big show of announcing a few on the same day.

No inside knowledge or anything, just an inkling I've got.

Gone quiet on the Canos deal which is a good thing, think if he'd rejected us we'd know by now. Tomlin's silly tweets were odd too.. But they weren't a no.

Archived