IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

3 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

You couldn't make it up.......

Could be classic bantz.

Nope it's Bristol City, it sounds about right.

With all the rumours of Andre Grey and Harry Maguire last summer having terms agreed for the plug to be pulled, this sadly seems to be true.

If we take this at face value, this is a poor show by both parties.  Tomlin shouldn't be piping up on Twitter, athough he is probably trying to force the club's hand.  The club shouldn't be offering a deal and then retracting it later.  Bad times if this is the case.

IF and it's a big IF, the club have agreed terms and then withdrawn/tried to change they should hang their heads in shame - especially after last seasons shenanigans.  However, it's a completely different staff to last seasons, so I'm a little sceptical that this has happened; they wouldn't be that stupid would they? 

4 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

IF and it's a big IF, the club have agreed terms and then withdrawn/tried to change they should hang their heads in shame - especially after last seasons shenanigans.  However, it's a completely different staff to last seasons, so I'm a little sceptical that this has happened; they wouldn't be that stupid would they? 

The one thing always in our DNA is incompetence.

Here's a thought. Does MA have total authority to make an offer. Or does he discuss with the agent, come to some understanding BUT then have to go cap in hand to SL for signoff?

If the latter you can start to imagine how supposedly 'agreed' offers might have to be subsequently changed.

I am totally not ITK but just sounds odd that we have heard the same rumours before with a different guy negotiating for the club.

I am at a loss.......over 43 pages of tweets and we can't seem to finalise a deal for him.

I think that BCFC need to give him a final offer, not be held to ransom, and then see where it goes.

This has become all too tedious now...I want him here but we shouldn't be held to ransom my one player....sends the wrong message......It will make our other negotiations (as the window progresses) more protracted.

Mr Tomlin and Mr Ashton need to put up.......or.......shut it! (Firmly closed)

COYR

I think some on here think we should pay him any amount! No doubt we are making him a very good offer the rest is up to him, get the feeling it's all about money with him, if it is tell him to do one and move on.

Archived