IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

3 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Well they certainly were not the worst team tonight, should have been a cricket score !!

and they certainly didnt sit back either 

truth is they played largely an unchanged team throughout the group, and its paid off.

Fair play mate. - you`ve got to admit Russia have been awful though. Wales result tonight makes ours look even worse than it was.

3 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

When Roy is sacked in a week or so, the FA should drive a lorry full of cash to Claudio Ranieri's house. Just the sort of manager England need. Team spirit and passion and gets the best out of his players.

job for Cotts…? :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Tbf every team in the group has put 11 men behind the ball when playing us, it's difficult for any team to break that down.

Wales have strangely had a slight advantage by being a worse team as the opposition comes onto them, leaving space to exploit on the counter. 

Yep this is the major factor. I am more confident in the knockout stages as we will be afforded more space.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Fair play mate. - you`ve got to admit Russia have been awful though. Wales result tonight makes ours look even worse than it was.

I agree with that, Russia were without any desire.

the tournament will be a betterr place without them and their supporters.

Thought we had little chance in truth going in to this.

The little chance we did have revolved around Kane, Vardy and Ali being on top form. They are not.

We are screwed.

Karma also hates me. Laughing my head off at Ronaldo missing his penalty - now I wish he had bloody scored it!

Football eh. Still unbeaten.

5 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Yep this is the major factor. I am more confident in the knockout stages as we will be afforded more space.

We will be coming up against teams with an attacking threat, I really wouldn't want Portugal.

8 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Hodgson is a joke. Playing all those waster Liverpool players who have a history of choking will get us nowhere. Henderson should be nowhere near the England team. If we can't even break down Slovakia, we have no hope at this championships.

we need a consistent team, bollocks to all the resting, they are playing one game a week. Bollocks to players feelings, the best players should be playing constantly.

owl faced**** needs sacking 

:rofl2br:

4 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Well, Slavan reckons we'll get more chances against teams that attack us more. 

You gonna question Slavan? 

I think that is true.

The only problem is that the opposition will score more.

2 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I'll take his opinion however:

1. We need to put those chances away.

2. If the opposition is confident in doing that then they probably feel confident against our defence and Hart.

Hmm..

3 minutes ago, RedSA said:

We had chances against the poor teams in our group, we managed 1 win in the last minute. It stands to reason the better sides will also get more chances against us. Consider that we dominated all 3 games for near 90 minutes but we only had 1 clean sheet in 3, care to guess what might happen against better attacking teams?

2 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

I think that is true.

We have played 3 teams with apart from Bale any attacking threat and only won 1 game. 

10 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Well they certainly were not the worst team tonight, should have been a cricket score !!

and they certainly didnt sit back either 

truth is they played largely an unchanged team throughout the group, and its paid off.

Look at all of Wales goals and the amount of space between the midfield and defence which the balls were played through.

Slovakia were camped in their half the whole game. Russia did the same for most of the game and so did the Welsh. Every match teams have gone at Wales and left space for them to exploit. Fair play they've taken advantage of it and are deservedly top of the group but you can't ignore England have had a slightly different challenge to them.  

7 minutes ago, Super said:

We will be coming up against teams with an attacking threat, I really wouldn't want Portugal.

We might be able to counter attack those sorts of teams who bring the game to us but our finishing isnt there is it. We got in some good areas enough times but they must have blocked at least a dozen shots. Dont feel roy should get too much blame we had a team capable of winning we were just wasteful. 

Also just to add was anyone else ******* fuming when we ****** around with the ball in the last seconds instead of hoofing it up the pitch?? It really infuriates me.

3 minutes ago, collier said:

We had chances against the poor teams in our group, we managed 1 win in the last minute. It stands to reason the better sides will also get more chances against us. Consider that we dominated all 3 games for near 90 minutes but we only had 1 clean sheet in 3, care to guess what might happen against better attacking teams?

Bravo. This all day long

If we were in a group with Germany, Spain and Italy, I'd understand, but we couldn't beat 2 sides that Wales comfortably beat. 

2 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

I know a lot of people don't rate Walcott but he is just the sort of player England needed tonight to run into the box with pace instead of all that tip tap outside the box.

They were sat too deep for theo. Hence how ineffective Vardy and Sturridge were. Crying out for Andy Carroll tonight or maybe Deeney to cause some mischeif

7 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

I think that is true.

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I'll take his opinion however:

1. We need to put those chances away.

2. If the opposition is confident in doing that then they probably feel

Well I'm not gonna argue that. 

That is not the team I watch play Wales live. Hard luck England dominated but could not put the ball away or get the space needed. If the Slovakian side who turned up against the Welsh decided to play the space down the sides would have been immense. 

England far exceeding my expectations so far even if they are not hitting the net regularly. I'm not understanding the negative comments to be honest.  

Let's see how the attack and defence performs in knock out mode where teams have to attack occasionally

7 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

I know a lot of people don't rate Walcott but he is just the sort of player England needed tonight to run into the box with pace instead of all that tip tap outside the box.

Welbeck for me. Walcott doesn't have the quality either. 

Still think Andros Townsend should have gone. Someone who can run at a defence, with the ball, give and go. 

We were so so static. There's never any options. 

Archived