IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

10 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

I wish I could describe just how technically good Adam Lallana is. It's bloody incredible. Genuinely up there with one of the best technically gifted footballers we've had in 10/15 years. Such a shame his finishing and final ball are lacking so much.

If Lallana could shoot he would be worth £35 million plus. Hell... if he could cross he would be £30 mill plus.

5 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Is it me or do we lose possession every time Wilshere gets a touch?

Him and henderson look like they haven't played for ages. Expect to see Rooney on soon.

2 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

If Lallana could shoot he would be worth £35 million plus. Hell... if he could cross he would be £30 mill plus.

True. Glad someone agrees. Love watching him. Showed some kids I was coaching last week a few clips of him and one said "why are we watching him he's rubbish" then at the end was running around saying "I'm going to be Lallana for the rest of training" 

2 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Mr overrated living up to expectation again

Counted five time on the trot Willshere gave away or lost control of the ball, what i find just as frustrating is the lack of creating anything threatening from a corner.

England are so frustrating, they have played really well yet again but 2 clear chances not put away.

Wilshere started off really well for the first 15 minutes and he started to get cocky and has been awful for the final 30 minutes, Henderson's delivery is awful, find some body else to take corners FFS and Bertrand is not international quality.

2 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

if we were to lose this by say a couple we could be out?

Unlikely. Worst we can do is finish third with 4 points, which is likely to be enough regardless of Gd to face Germany or Spain in the last 16...

3 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

if we were to lose this by say a couple we could be out?

Nah 4 points is easily good enough for a 3rd place finish. However we'd probably be facing Spain rather than Albania should we win... 

2 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

What is clear is that England, should they make it to the last 16 lack the quality and creative intent to easily compete with teams such as Spain and Germany.......start the Boeing engines....... (hope they prove me wrong!)

Think there are three or four teams who are clearly better than us. The art will be to play them as late as possible...

4 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

What is clear is that England, should they make it to the last 16 lack the quality and creative intent to easily compete with teams such as Spain and Germany.......start the Boeing engines....... (hope they prove me wrong!)

But those teams won't pile ten men behind the ball and we might actually create better chances. Let's not forget we beat Germany in Germany not long ago.. 

Archived