IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

5 minutes ago, Oops said:

I'm fed up with investing time watching the conservative shite we serve up time and time again. Why not just go out and win a football match? The 23 best players in the country shouldn't need to be told how to win a match....they've been coached for years!!!

I hate that the ******* welsh are top of the group,  but at least they aren't pretentious or deluded like we are. 

That's what we did at the WC 2014.  People seem to forget that. 

We went out after two games as i recall for our naivety. 

6 minutes ago, Oops said:

I'm fed up with investing time watching the conservative shite we serve up time and time again. Why not just go out and win a football match? The 23 best players in the country shouldn't need to be told how to win a match....they've been coached for years!!!

I hate that the ******* welsh are top of the group,  but at least they aren't pretentious or deluded like we are. 

This might be why you get frustrated with the performances if you think we should win just because we're England. 

I gave that up a while ago and I enjoy watching England a lot more since. 

2 minutes ago, JM91 said:

That's what we did at the WC 2014.  People seem to forget that. 

We went out after two games as i recall for our naivety. 

It's not naivety, it's arrogance. 6 changes from a winning team is taking the piss 

Frustrating because it seemed to me that by luck Roy was getting to know his best team in the 2nd half vs Wales then the next game he makes 6 effin changes! Rooney had been dictating the previous games with Walker one of the players of the tourney so far and they both get dropped! Crazy tactical decisions and crazy substitutions, the guy hasn't got a clue.

I've said before that it won't be our squad that lets us down but our manager, sooner he gets the boot the better!

6 minutes ago, yardy said:

Frustrating because it seemed to me that by luck Roy was getting to know his best team in the 2nd half vs Wales then the next game he makes 6 effin changes! Rooney had been dictating the previous games with Walker one of the players of the tourney so far and they both get dropped! Crazy tactical decisions and crazy substitutions, the guy hasn't got a clue.

I've said before that it won't be our squad that lets us down but our manager, sooner he gets the boot the better!

Yeah against Wales his hands were forced he had to make them subs. It worked luckily for him but yet he still didn't learn. I am disgusted with him and that we have allowed Wales yet again in a sport to finish above us.

Poor decision by Woy to 'rest' Rooney and Walker; our two best players overall in the first two games. Without Rooney, especially, we don't work well as a team; it was a disjointed performance with no finish but much credit must go to Slovakia for a great defensive display especially Skirtel who was as superb as I thought Bertrand was poor. 

I doubt we will play against a better defensive display nor a team who will be able to afford to just defend in the knock out stages, stating the obvious. I am glad the group stage is done; always a cagey affair; now we can see the real England, with a bit of luck. Hope we don't bottle it against the Portugese if that is our destiny in the last 16.

21 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Yeah against Wales his hands were forced he had to make them subs. It worked luckily for him but yet he still didn't learn. I am disgusted with him and that we have allowed Wales yet again in a sport to finish above us.

To be fair we didn't "allow" Wales to finish above us. They beat Slovakia and Russia. They did what we couldn't do. They deserve to top the group. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

England play a formation that needs wingers and they brought one and his name is Raheem Sterling. Now I don't know the injury situations but Walcott, Townsend, Ox Chamb and my personal favourite Nathan Redmond all would've been quality additions. Even playing an attacking full back at winger may have helped like Cresswell. All I know is that for all the attacking talent I hear that England have, you've scored 1 goal against Russia and Slovakia(FK by the way) and Wales scored 5 past the same teams. As for more space against attacking teams, I'm not buying that too much. England have had some chances and haven't been clinical. This team screams of the good ol boys and their clique. Have wasted spots out there on "big club" players that don't really care. Henderson, Wilshere, Sterling. What do they bring? Nothing. I can't understand why they're there. Why not Townsend? Championship player? One of those in the French though. His teammate who had a 75 yard run knocking defenders over and picking out pin point crosses. 

Anyway, rant over, but England can't progress under Hodgson and maybe even the FA who saw fit to employ him. I think England will win their next match and everyone will be excited again but I won't. Can't see them going any further than that. England being my new home, I want them to do well but just can't see it. Maybe I'm feeling what all my mates have told me about. Oh well, maybe USA have a chance against Argentina later on. :blink:

To be fair, Walcott's garbage

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If Wales had played three teams with 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes, they might have struggled. Likewise if Slovakia and Russia had played a more open game against us as they did against Wales, we would likely have won those games comfortably.

I am not defending our performance tonigh and I do accept we should have been capable of winning the group regardless. But Wales have benefitted from the approach of the opposition. And let's not forget, we did beat them, and we looked comfortably the better side.

If, if, if................if we had more point than Wales we would have topped the group, if we win every game from now we are the European champs. It's easy to use if as an excuse, we have had piss easy groups for the last few tournaments and we have consistently failed to win them. It might not bite us in the next round but France, Germany etc await after and I wonder what if's we will be using to explain those games away! 

2 hours ago, TRL said:

I can't remember us dominating teams like we have in this tournament..... Ever.  And with such a young team. I'm Not trying to blow smoke up their ass, as if you have ever seen my postings previously about England you will realise I think they are the most talentless bunch of waters ever!

But for once the have actually impressed me with their ball retention at international level. They need to be more ruthless in front of goal, but for the first time in a long time I feel like they can play the international game.

We have played the worst Russia side for a LONG time, Slovakia and Wales.

Its hardly surprising we have "dominated" against those three teams.

Difference being from this tournament as opposed to qualifying is that we can no longer break teams down. Its not impressive IMO.

Ridiculous, arrogant team selection rightly drawing criticism. Failing to beat two teams that Wales beat comfortably shows how deluded we are about our performances. 

Three poor performances in which one we just managed to paper over the cracks.

New manager needed ASAP to have any chance of progressing as a footballing country. The problems run deeper than that but it'd be a start. 

6 hours ago, collier said:

If, if, if................if we had more point than Wales we would have topped the group, if we win every game from now we are the European champs. It's easy to use if as an excuse, we have had piss easy groups for the last few tournaments and we have consistently failed to win them. It might not bite us in the next round but France, Germany etc await after and I wonder what if's we will be using to explain those games away! 

Which part of "I am not defending the performance and do accept we should have been capable of winning the group" did you not understand?

33 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Ridiculous, arrogant team selection rightly drawing criticism. Failing to beat two teams that Wales beat comfortably shows how deluded we are about our performances. 

Three poor performances in which one we just managed to paper over the cracks.

New manager needed ASAP to have any chance of progressing as a footballing country. The problems run deeper than that but it'd be a start. 

Completely different circumstances though. Slovakia knew they couldn't beat us and only needed a point to qualify (probably), so they put 11 men in defence. Wales didn't have to suffer that.

Not that I'm saying it was a great performance, but it wasn't terrible.

I'm not sure I get all the hatred. 

Again, we played pretty well. On a different night we had enough Chances to win comfortably, but for some heroic defending by that Liverpool goon & co.

The way we're playing, we just need it to click and we can beat anyone. 

Yes, it's disappointing to come second in the group to Wales, but I think most of us would prefer it that way round.

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Again, we played pretty well. On a different night we had enough Chances to win comfortably, but for some heroic defending by that Liverpool goon & co.

Yes, it's disappointing to come second in the group to Wales, but I think most of us would prefer it that way round.

Passing was ponderous,they need to move the ball faster..held the ball OK but its so slow.and the crossing??how many times did we not beat the first man??..only Dier/Clyne with any credit.the lack of pace in our general game meant we couldn't cash in on Vardys sharpness..also felt too many changes took the edge off of momentum from Wales win..now its knockout,we really will see.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

??

Archived