IGNORED

Newcastle and Villa Tickets (Merged)

Redcliffe1990

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You are making it up as you go along - Atyeo renewals were £299.

Whether you can afford £300 or not is besides the point, though it's not really for you to tell anyone what they can afford. Everyone's circumstances are different and some of us have other financial priorities ahead of football.

The point is, for some people who are only able to attend a limited number of games, it is more economic to buy match tickets and/or a membership. For many people spending £300 is certainly not a "no brainer".

Also "just give your ticket to family or friends" might work for you, but it wouldn't work for everyone and certainly not me - I actually know very few other City fans, particularly living here, and those I do know are already STH or members.

Not making it up at all, you believe what u want. The main point is £300 is more than affordable end of. Agree if you ain't all that interested or live far away no point but I'm talking about the people who will go to 6 plus games on potd rates they are the ones who should be getting a no brainer £300 season ticket .

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Not making it up at all, you believe what u want. The main point is £300 is more than affordable end of. Agree if you ain't all that interested or live far away no point but I'm talking about the people who will go to 6 plus games on potd rates they are the ones who should be getting a no brainer £300 season ticket .

£300 for 6 games is a "no brainer"? £50 a game? Madness.

8 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Aren't you using the Atyeo as an example which is a very small % of our attendance? A better future to use would be the average price in the ground. No idea what it is but definitely more than £300.

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-news-robins-freeze-season-ticket/story-28944352-detail/story.html

"Elsewhere, the unreserved seating section will remain in the Atyeo Stand with adult prices frozen at just £299. Due to limited numbers, this section (Blocks N35 & N36) will be renewal only, and supporters may be required to relocate for cup matches."

@Spoons

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Aren't you using the Atyeo as an example which is a very small % of our attendance? A better future to use would be the average price in the ground. No idea what it is but definitely more than £300.

Ok £300-£350 Atyeo or south stand. Still more than affordable for anyone who works . Also like I said you don't have to lump up all cash if you can't afford it as there are credit options.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-news-robins-freeze-season-ticket/story-28944352-detail/story.html

"Elsewhere, the unreserved seating section will remain in the Atyeo Stand with adult prices frozen at just £299. Due to limited numbers, this section (Blocks N35 & N36) will be renewal only, and supporters may be required to relocate for cup matches."

@Spoons

Wow a whole £299 !!! £13 a game. Cheap at half the price 

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Ok £300-£350 Atyeo or south stand. Still more than affordable for anyone who works . Also like I said you don't have to lump up all cash if you can't afford it as there are credit options.

Season tickets are reasonable on their own, but if you're a family man - maybe you'll buy one for 2 of your children, maybe your partner too. All adds up, can't think of many people who go to football alone. On top of that, any food, parking/transport costs.. It's more than just the base cost of a ST so can see why it's too expensive for some.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Season tickets are reasonable on their own, but if you're a family man - maybe you'll buy one for 2 of your children, maybe your partner too. All adds up, can't think of many people who go to football alone. On top of that, any food, parking/transport costs.. It's more than just the base cost of a ST so can see why it's too expensive for some.

I am a family man who also buys a u12 season ticket for £50 ( includes free shirt bargain) and sits in dolman. 

All I'm saying is if you work and like to watch bcfc the best and most affordable way to do it is buy a season ticket. Hassle free and good value .

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

I am a family man who also buys a u12 season ticket for £50 ( includes free shirt bargain) and sits in dolman. 

All I'm saying is if you work and like to watch bcfc the best and most affordable way to do it is buy a season ticket. Hassle free and good value .

For you yes, but the point others are making is that for them in their own circumstances - it isn't necessarily. 

The u12 ticket is great value though, good initiative to throw in the shirt.

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

A family man who either earns significant or lives with his mum.

I think you need to accept that people, regardless of their income can't always place their hands on hundreds, either in a lump sum or by monthly commitment.

I'lI gladly rinse any part timer who turns up for the big games, but only if they pick and choose out of apathy. Lots of people would love to go to games but simply can't afford it. There isn't a quick solution to this, but commitments elsewhere do stop people from buying.

Is it just me  or are Bristol Sport and the SAG being over cautious in their approach to crowd capacity at the new all seater,state of the art  Ashton Gate. Disappointed that only 1,000 seats are available in the Upper West Stand for the Newcastle game.How can having the upper tier only 20 % full be a true test of safety.?Would have thought perhaps 40 %, (2,000 seats ) available would have been a better test with  surely no danger of the stand collapsing ! The SAG seem to be omnipotent , wonder who is challenging their decisions (which are costing the club a lot of money) at Bristol Sport

As an alternative to the Upper West Stand not being open for almost every match this season , why doesn't the Club put  the best seats in the centre block up for sale  (perhaps 1,000) for every match sold by advance tickets  and POTD. There must be many fans who would chose to pay a premium and sit there in preference to alternative available seats behind the goals and at the extreme edge of the Lower West Stand / Dolman or simply out of curiosity to see what the view and facilities are like.

Stewarding need not be too expensive if only one block is open and it gives another revenue stream for the club.

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

I think you need to accept that people, regardless of their income can't always place their hands on hundreds, either in a lump sum or by monthly commitment.

I'lI gladly rinse any part timer who turns up for the big games, but only if they pick and choose out of apathy. Lots of people would love to go to games but simply can't afford it. There isn't a quick solution to this, but commitments elsewhere do stop people from buying.

Wife two kids and a postman who earns somewhere between £370-£450 a week . So a lot less than most people , live in my house I bought in nailsea 11 years ago . Standard 3 bed semi! 

I admit I do put bcfc first and I would always make sure there's money for football but mrs spoons hates bcfc more than anyone and probably would agree with the majority of u on here, but I don't ! 

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Ohh and did I mention I'm a lotto millionaire ??!!

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why would people try to work that out..?! 

What are you talking about? Why won't you accept that £40 is over priced for some people particularly for parents wanting to take their kids on the spur of the moment, I'm glad you feel and are in the position to think that £40 is ok, many aren't

14 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Wife two kids and a postman who earns somewhere between £370-£450 a week . So a lot less than most people , live in my house I bought in nailsea 11 years ago . Standard 3 bed semi! 

I admit I do put bcfc first and I would always make sure there's money for football but mrs spoons hates bcfc more than anyone and probably would agree with the majority of u on here, but I don't ! 

I'm guessing you were lucky to have bought when you did, housing costs for those "younger" would be a much higher percentage. 

That said, as someone in my (late) 20s myself I can confirm that most of my cohort could afford a season ticket, if willing to cut back on other luxuries. 

4 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

I'm guessing you were lucky to have bought when you did, housing costs for those "younger" would be a much higher percentage. 

That said, as someone in my (late) 20s myself I can confirm that most of my cohort could afford a season ticket, if willing to cut back on other luxuries. 

I'm only 32 mate! So not much older but yes always worked and would struggle to do the same now but anyone who earns £300 plus a week could afford if they wish to buy a season ticket. 

49 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You can't bring food into this debate Phil! We've been over this - are you only going to eat if you go to football? If you stay home on a Saturday, will you not eat? 

You don't have to eat at football. You can eat just before you leave for AG (some toast, or eggs and bacon) and then eat when you get back after (like tea, or supper!) You could raid the larder/fridge/pantry and take one of those snack bars the kids put in their lunch boxes to keep you going if it's too long between the eating before and after. Or take a sandwich. A cheese and ham one perhaps, using scraps from the fridge, and the leftover bread that's mkuldy this time of year (remove mouldy crusts first, people). This is what I do, thereby cutting the cost of a day at the match.

:thumbsup:

Archived