IGNORED

Newcastle and Villa Tickets (Merged)

Redcliffe1990

4 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

What cuckoo land do you live in. That might not be alot to you but others it maybe. And maybe people have a little too much self respect to go around scrounging off others. Maybe they can't go all the time because they're 'getting their house in order'. Whether that's family life or paying bills.

For the record I have a ST. And actually missed the early bird prices as I was lazy, but to expect everyone to be able to afford one is ridiculous.

If people can afford to pay £38 for 1 game I'm sure they can pay £240-330 for a season ticket. 

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

Because if money's that tight you can't afford a season ticket how do you suddenly find £38 to buy a ticket for 1 game?

Well if some has financial commitments that mean they have very little spare cash it might mean that, to them, thirty eight quid is a lot of money and finding significantly more for a season ticket isn't possible.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well if some has financial commitments that mean they have very little spare cash it might mean that, to them, thirty eight quid is a lot of money and finding significantly more for a season ticket isn't possible.

Agree with that. A bloke at work is paying £33.00 a month for 10 months for his season ticket in south stand so you don't have to pay it all up front.

i wonder if everybody will be this worried about tickets for burton Albion at home that will only be £22!

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I suppose the proof will be in the pudding. As I've already said, I probably won't be able to afford to go again for a while now. Remains to be seen what other poorer fans do

Probably do the same as what my 'poorer' mates have done. Purchase tickets when they originally went on sale for a cheaper part of the ground.

As with anything these days, savings can be made if you're organised. 

1 minute ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Probably do the same as what my 'poorer' mates have done. Purchase tickets when they originally went on sale for a cheaper part of the ground.

As with anything these days, savings can be made if you're organised. 

As I've already said, wasn't an option for me.

22 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I suppose the proof will be in the pudding. As I've already said, I probably won't be able to afford to go again for a while now. Remains to be seen what other poorer fans do

There are people on here sometimes saying they've got a ticket going spare for home games, occasionally a bit under the going rate, always worth keeping an eye out for that. 

Also, depending on how attendances go this season, the club might do a cheap price for one of the lesser teams (Rotherham, Burton, Barnsley) to try and boost attendances and create new fans. Charlton have done a £5 game once a year for a while (it was the one after we were there in Feb!) and other clubs too. Keep an eye out for that.

Lastly, the FA cup game v WBA was a £10 in Jan (but a terrible game. Worth bearing in mind that) so that might be an option. Or a league cup game possibly if we get past Scunny.

1 minute ago, Jack Dawe said:

There are people on here sometimes saying they've got a ticket going spare for home games, occasionally a bit under the going rate, always worth keeping an eye out for that. 

Also, depending on how attendances go this season, the club might do a cheap price for one of the lesser teams (Rotherham, Burton, Barnsley) to try and boost attendances and create new fans. Charlton have done a £5 game once a year for a while (it was the one after we were there in Feb!) and other clubs too. Keep an eye out for that.

Lastly, the FA cup game v WBA was a £10 in Jan (but a terrible game. Worth bearing in mind that) so that might be an option. Or a league cup game possibly if we get past Scunny.

Nice one mate, thanks for the tips :-)

3 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

In what other form of entertainment would you pay £38 for a seat in the gods?

With the greatest of respect, the view is outstanding and hardly 'in the gods'

This isn't the Theatre Royal, it's a football stadium. 

When you've visited, used the facilities, watched the match from your lofty vantage point then I think it's fair to comment. 

£38 is what will be charged for these games as the club has to recoup the £47M paid for the development. 

3 hours ago, Spoons said:

If people can afford to pay £38 for 1 game I'm sure they can pay £240-330 for a season ticket. 

Dear me Spoons this is painful.  Just because someone is able to pay £38 once doesn't mean they are willing and able to commit a similar amount every month.  Affording £38 does not necessarily equating to being able to afford another £261 for a whole season.  Perhaps also consider the possibility that some people can't commit the time to justify that sort of outlay.

By the way the cheapest adult season ticket is £299 (Atyeo) so I've no idea where you got £240 from.

It's also not fair to compare a £38 ticket in the Lansdown - one of the most expensive - with an Atyeo season ticket - in the worst stand with the worst views.  My budget for football each year would nearly stretch to an Atyeo season ticket, but I'm not able to commit to enough Saturdays.  Therefore I'd rather be a member, pick and choose 7-8 home games in a better seat, plus a couple of away games.

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

I think it would be naive for any of us to think that over the lifetime of SL tenure there would be no recoup?

Maybe, but you implied it was the whole £47m we needed to recoup. I don't think SL has just saddled the club with £10s of millions of debt myself. He wrote off about £20m of debt through an injection of equity about 3 years ago.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Maybe, but you implied it was the whole £47m we needed to recoup. I don't think SL has just saddled the club with £10s of millions of debt myself. He wrote off about £20m of debt through an injection of equity about 3 years ago.

Maybe I was disingenuous, the operating costs - absolutely. 

Will there be eventual capital repayment? I would think yes even if token. 

9 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

Economics 'Say's Law' ... supply creates its own demand.  In other word, it there is no supply there will be no demand - naturally.  If the local supermarket didn't open the the alcohol section on a Monday when drinking levels are low then there would inevitably be no sales or demand.  It does open, despite slack demand, and still turnover is half-decent.  Ditto the West Stand Upper, keep it closed as an overflow and it won't sell.  But there are many older, slightly more affluent, supporters out there who can't commit to many matches for various reasons who would love to sample the best view in the house.  It will be interesting to see if Bristol Rugby simply use the upper tier as an overflow for big matches ... the rugby club would no doubt have the West Upper as its first offering.  

To the offy!

Went on the BS site this afternoon and started checking the upper west seats available 

appears that the upper blocks have varying numbers of seats available with some sold out but others available to an estimated 500 in total

not sure how accurate this is bit if the availability is correct then that's got to be nearly 25k sold taking into account segregation in Atyeo?

4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Went on the BS site this afternoon and started checking the upper west seats available 

appears that the upper blocks have varying numbers of seats available with some sold out but others available to an estimated 500 in total

not sure how accurate this is bit if the availability is correct then that's got to be nearly 25k sold taking into account segregation in Atyeo?

Be careful - a seat being unavailable doesn't necessarily mean it is sold. We know upper tier capacity is limited for this game.

3 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

3 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

If you know a ST holder the letter that accompanied them said there is also going to be the option of a league game at some point for a friend of theirs at £10.

The letters say the game will be a "selected" one (as Jack says probably one against the likes of Rotherham, Burton or Barnsley) but it certainly is a much more affordable option for those for whom money is a bit tight..

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Be careful - a seat being unavailable doesn't necessarily mean it is sold. We know upper tier capacity is limited for this game.

Very confusing trying to suss out availability across the upper sections as the seats are spread across all blocks. If they are releasing by block you would think it would be clearer?

3 hours ago, harrys said:

Whether it sells out or not the West Stand is definitely overpriced to some, to say they got the price right just because it sells out is just plain wrong

Why would people try to work that out..?! 

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Dear me Spoons this is painful.  Just because someone is able to pay £38 once doesn't mean they are willing and able to commit a similar amount every month.  Affording £38 does not necessarily equating to being able to afford another £261 for a whole season.  Perhaps also consider the possibility that some people can't commit the time to justify that sort of outlay.

By the way the cheapest adult season ticket is £299 (Atyeo) so I've no idea where you got £240 from.

It's also not fair to compare a £38 ticket in the Lansdown - one of the most expensive - with an Atyeo season ticket - in the worst stand with the worst views.  My budget for football each year would nearly stretch to an Atyeo season ticket, but I'm not able to commit to enough Saturdays.  Therefore I'd rather be a member, pick and choose 7-8 home games in a better seat, plus a couple of away games.

£240 early bird price. Everybody finds it hard to commit to 23 league games that's why I said on games you can't go to give to family or friends and get them to give you the cost price. I've done this and many people do. 

In this day and age £300 isn't an awful lot of cash to find, we've all got bills etc to pay but someone who earns average money with normal out goings should be able to afford £300 . Also you don't have to lump it all up front . 

And all in all it saves the hassle of buying tickets etc and gives you priority for away games. It's a no brainer especially when pay on the day can be up to £38 a ticket

38 minutes ago, Spoons said:

£240 early bird price. Everybody finds it hard to commit to 23 league games that's why I said on games you can't go to give to family or friends and get them to give you the cost price. I've done this and many people do. 

In this day and age £300 isn't an awful lot of cash to find, we've all got bills etc to pay but someone who earns average money with normal out goings should be able to afford £300 . Also you don't have to lump it all up front . 

And all in all it saves the hassle of buying tickets etc and gives you priority for away games. It's a no brainer especially when pay on the day can be up to £38 a ticket

You are making it up as you go along - Atyeo renewals were £299.

Whether you can afford £300 or not is besides the point, though it's not really for you to tell anyone what they can afford. Everyone's circumstances are different and some of us have other financial priorities ahead of football.

The point is, for some people who are only able to attend a limited number of games, it is more economic to buy match tickets and/or a membership. For many people spending £300 is certainly not a "no brainer".

Also "just give your ticket to family or friends" might work for you, but it wouldn't work for everyone and certainly not me - I actually know very few other City fans, particularly living here, and those I do know are already STH or members.

Archived