IGNORED

Newcastle and Villa Tickets (Merged)

Redcliffe1990

3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

If the top tier doesn't open for the Newquay game is it safe to assume that the club has no intension to open the top tier all season?

Pretty sure we won't need it if we play Newquay, I reckon the lower bowl could cope with that.

4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

According to AB they do have the certificate to open the top tier; perhaps part of that process is to sell out the rest before they can which is all well and good by the FL but it does mess people around when going on line. 

I believe this arrangement will be gone by the Villa game and thereafter... here is hoping.

No, the club have said they will only open the top tier of the demand for it is there. 

56 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

No, the club have said they will only open the top tier of the demand for it is there. 

Open it and they'll come. Madness not to at least give it a go for Newcastle and Villa if it's been signed off.  Us exiles without the joys of a season ticket / forever membership / bs3 postcode would be most grateful.  Although not that bothered about seeing either of those teams as they appear to be a bit crap.

• The title was changed to Newcastle and Villa Tickets (Merged)
5 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

If the top tier doesn't open for the Newquay game is it safe to assume that the club has no intension to open the top tier all season?

Why do people get their knickers in such a twist about the top tier? Of course the club intend to open it if demand dictates - why would they build a top tier otherwise? If the club can make money by selling more tickets, they're not going to turn that down and choose instead to have empty seats.

It's quite simple, when demand reaches a certain trigger point they will open it. That doesn't necessarily mean every last seat has to be sold in the lower bowl first. Indeed the suggestion above is that the trigger point is 20k, which is still 2k short of the lower bowl capacity.

5 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Actually... Yes.....

I would hazard a guess they will open it then.

But it is also a fact City have not had a full certificate for the West Stand; it is a step by step opening apparently that is only a full certificate by Villa but that may happen earlier.

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why do people get their knickers in such a twist about the top tier? Of course the club intend to open it if demand dictates - why would they build a top tier otherwise? If the club can make money by selling more tickets, they're not going to turn that down and choose instead to have empty seats.

It's quite simple, when demand reaches a certain trigger point they will open it. That doesn't necessarily mean every last seat has to be sold in the lower bowl first. Indeed the suggestion above is that the trigger point is 20k, which is still 2k short of the lower bowl capacity.

Does your 20K figure exclude the away fans? So for Newcastle sells would need to be above 22,500 to open the top tier?

I've tried to find out what the total seats are for Dolman, SS and Lower Lansdown, but can't, where do you get your numbers from? Not challenging them, just interested to know.

7 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Does your 20K figure exclude the away fans? So for Newcastle sells would need to be above 22,500 to open the top tier?

I've tried to find out what the total seats are for Dolman, SS and Lower Lansdown, but can't, where do you get your numbers from? Not challenging them, just interested to know.

May be wrong about this but I believe the top tier is 5k, therefore lower bowl is 22k in total.

The 20k trigger point is from post #97 by @dunsteral further up this thread - apparently what Adam Baker said today. I would imagine the trigger INCLUDES away fans as the size of the away attendance impacts on home ticket availability - I.e, if there is a small away following, the club can make more tickets available in the Atyeo before opening the top tier.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

So are they going to do this all the time only open the top tier once the rest of the ground is sold out?

If the trigger point is 20k as suggested, then that's not a lower bowl sell out. A total around that figure makes perfect sense to me. They're not going to wait for a total sell out because that would mean insisting on selling all the single seats remaining first, which would lose them a lot of bookings.

28 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

On the online ticket page the Newcastle game is now showing as sold out. 

Don't think the club are helping themselves there - the casual fan who happens to look for tickets today might not be aware of the potential for opening the top tier, and therefore further availability to follow.

Incidentally I've just asked Mark on the Q&A for a definitive answer on the criteria for opening the top tier.

20 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Don't think the club are helping themselves there - the casual fan who happens to look for tickets today might not be aware of the potential for opening the top tier, and therefore further availability to follow.

Incidentally I've just asked Mark on the Q&A for a definitive answer on the criteria for opening the top tier.

It's like the club have a new toy but don't know how to use it.

27 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I just looked at the front page on the ticket part of the site and it just said that the Atyeo was sold out.

Says sold out in the Bristol City Home section. As I said, really poor from the club to advertise the fixture as sold out if there is more availability to come. Some people will only look once.

image.jpg

32 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I just looked at the front page on the ticket part of the site and it just said that the Atyeo was sold out.

Tried adding a screenshot but having issues on the mobile - go to Bristol City home tickets part of tickets.bristol-sport.co.uk and it shows as sold out. 

Edit - Chippenham added the screenshot above.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Says sold out in the Bristol City Home section. As I said, really poor from the club to advertise the fixture as sold out if there is more availability to come. Some people will only look once.

image.jpg

Sorry - I did not get to that page, just clicked on the BCFC site. I have season tickets anyway!

1 minute ago, Red Necromancer said:

Not great from the club again. I'm sure a lot of people would be wanting to buy tickets today after another win yesterday. No announcement about it being sold out or any mention of whether more tickets could be available. 

Club need to put out a statement tomorrow either sold out or upper west stand to be opened and tickets released for sale as at the moment no one knows what's going on. Adam Baler said on RB the upper west will be opened so let's see. 

We could be looking at a sell out for the next two Saturday's?

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yep agree. As Cynic said its been sold out since yesterday afternoon. If there are more tickets to come, that should be the headline. The club should be all over this, promoting it big time, especially after 3 wins on the bounce - they could (and still might) get a tremendous crowd in for the Newcastle game.

For such a professional looking outfit, Bristol Sport don't half do some very "amateurish" things.

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

It only sold out yesterday, they'll be announcing the sell out soon enough.

As for the top tier, you would think that they would have had a plan B if it was a sell out - hopefully they have, but I'm not holding my breath.

Why would they need a plan B. It's not difficult to understand they will open the upper tier if SAG allow them to. 

4 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Why would they need a plan B. It's not difficult to understand they will open the upper tier if SAG allow them to. 

This is my thinking as well. If they can sell more tickets they will do. Assume that until they get the green light from the safety people they can't.

Far better to sell what is actually available than what might be available and have to let people down.

6 minutes ago, cynic said:

The club stated yesterday via Adam that the top tier would be open if the demand is there, so no SAG involvement I would think. I assume he must be informed to make such a statement.

The logistics of opening it are complex - do they give existing ticket holders priority for example and, if so, how do they go about it.

Hence a plan B.

Or, looking at a simplistic option as you have opined, just open it and take the flak from those that would have bought tickets had they known it would be open.

My view is that they should have known the home and away tickets for the lower bowl would sell out and make plans for the top tier accordingly. I also think, and this won't be universally popular, they should move the Atyeo ST holders to the top tier and give the whole Atyeo to the Newcastle fans. That will ensure an away sell out and at least a couple of blocks in the top tier occupied with the probability of the rest being sold as well.

Maybe if the top tier is open they could give a couple of blocks to Newcastle. 

I bought a decent ticket half way up the Dolman with full knowledge that there was the potential for the top tier to be opened. Would I have chosen to sit had it been available from the start? Possibly. Am I bothered that it may subsequently become available to other people? Not at all. I think the idea of giving priority to existing ticket holders to sit in the upper tier is far too complex to implement for what I would imagine would be a small minority of people who are actually bothered about it.

It's also very subjective whether the top tier are the best seats. Many would consider it too far from the action and prefer the lower tier anyway.

Just sell the tickets and let's just be happy about the fact we will have our largest crowd for years.

Archived