IGNORED

Newcastle and Villa Tickets (Merged)

Redcliffe1990

9 minutes ago, cynic said:

Other people bought what was available at the time which may be right at the front of the Dolman or whatever.

I'm sure they would prefer the option to change to a better view if it is available.

I agree it's far from perfect. I suppose if swaps could be actioned easily online then they could be do-able. But I don't trust our ticketing system to cope with that!

26 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I bought a decent ticket half way up the Dolman with full knowledge that there was the potential for the top tier to be opened. Would I have chosen to sit had it been available from the start? Possibly. Am I bothered that it may subsequently become available to other people? Not at all. I think the idea of giving priority to existing ticket holders to sit in the upper tier is far too complex to implement for what I would imagine would be a small minority of people who are actually bothered about it.

It's also very subjective whether the top tier are the best seats. Many would consider it too far from the action and prefer the lower tier anyway.

Just sell the tickets and let's just be happy about the fact we will have our largest crowd for years.

I have my ticket and have no interest in the top tier and i don't believe anyone should be offered a move if it opens. I just thinking the club are missing out, a lot of potential new fans may have tried to get tickets today, seen its sold out and never return. Adam Baker making a few remarks on the radio is no good, a simple tweet and a message on the ticket website saying something like "more information about the top tier and further tickets will be released Monday" is all that's needed.

23 minutes ago, cynic said:

Other people bought what was available at the time which may be right at the front of the Dolman or whatever.

I'm sure they would prefer the option to change to a better view if it is available.

Not sure being miles away from the pitch could be classed as a better view.

Fair enough if you are in the southstand and would prefer a side view but leg room aside I don't imagine the experience will be any better.

As for those wanting to move seats, just wonder if there will be a cost to relocate, with the stands all having different price points.

5 minutes ago, Red Necromancer said:

I have my ticket and have no interest in the top tier and i don't believe anyone should be offered a move if it opens. I just thinking the club are missing out, a lot of potential new fans may have tried to get tickets today, seen its sold out and never return. Adam Baker making a few remarks on the radio is no good, a simple tweet and a message on the ticket website saying something like "more information about the top tier and further tickets will be released Monday" is all that's needed.

Spot on. Advertising something as sold out that isn't sold out is a painfully bad way of running a business.

7 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

It is fairly pointless building the top tier if they are not opening it for games already sold out. Just open it and if people are really that bothered offer the swap.

You would think with this state-of-the-art ticketing system that we apparently have, it should be possible for the software to automatically release top tier tickets for sale as soon as the magic threshold number is reached in the lower tier - without the need for any human intervention at all.

After all, we are paying a pound a time for it.

23 minutes ago, Red Necromancer said:

It's when you need your head of communications (or someone within their team) to communicate.

I'm usually the first to defend the club, but the fact that there hasn't been a single mention of whether the top tier will be open or not in any of the ticket stories, and the fact that the game has been 'sold out' on the ticketing website for over 24 hours, with not a word from the club, is just ridiculous. 

And I say that as somebody who already has a ticket for the game, and strongly disagrees that the Lansdown Stand is the best seats in the house. 

• SC&T Board Members

FYI, May FAN meeting minutes, signed off by the club and on the OS:

"During the discussion it emerged that for games attracting a large support, home or away or both, that they could be accommodated in the West Stand Upper. This situation was likely if we draw a Premier League club in the FA Cup, when the away club has to be allocated 15% of the ground capacity. It would allow Atyeo Stand season card holders to remain in their seats in all games, including cup. A decision to open the West Stand Upper, if demand dictates, would normally be made at least several days in advance to allow for costing of stewarding and opening of refreshment stands."

25 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

FYI, May FAN meeting minutes, signed off by the club and on the OS:

"During the discussion it emerged that for games attracting a large support, home or away or both, that they could be accommodated in the West Stand Upper. This situation was likely if we draw a Premier League club in the FA Cup, when the away club has to be allocated 15% of the ground capacity. It would allow Atyeo Stand season card holders to remain in their seats in all games, including cup. A decision to open the West Stand Upper, if demand dictates, would normally be made at least several days in advance to allow for costing of stewarding and opening of refreshment stands."

Hi Blagdon - genuine question with no intent to antagonise - were concerns raised during these discussions about the prospect of away fans situated directly above home fans?

18 minutes ago, Cider red said:

What a bunch of negative winge bags! What ab said was the top tier COULD be ready in time as it looks like the tickets so far are sold out. Give the club a chance!!

Why build a stadium with 27000 seats if you're not going to offer 27000 tickets for sale?

• SC&T Board Members
24 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Hi Blagdon - genuine question with no intent to antagonise - were concerns raised during these discussions about the prospect of away fans situated directly above home fans?

Not from the fans, as I recall.

There was some surprise at this plan, as it directly contradicted what Andrew Billingham had said in the November 2015 meeting (minuted as follows: "In a cup game the Club has to offer 15% capacity to away fans and in exceptional circumstances the Atyeo end could not cope with that number.  AB rejected the possibility of the overspill occupying the higher level of the West Stand for safety reasons.  This implies that home fans in the Atyeo would have to move for that game - a condition on purchasing those seats."

At the May meeting, he didn't recall having said that and was adamant that away overspills would be put in the West Stand Upper.

I imagine that the first couple of rows might not be sold - both to reduce the likelihood of anything been thrown down onto the lower tier and to avoid having away fans standing (as they undoubtedly will) right up against the parapet rail.

1 minute ago, Malago said:

Well if it isn't, why haven't we been told.?  

We haven't been told formally that it is ready but we know that it wasn't ready for the Wigan game. However I do think the club could better communicate the status of the top tier with such a big game around the corner.

The basis of this whole discussion was the claim that Adam Baker had said it WAS ready - therefore why was the game being shown as "sold out". However if @Cider red is right and he only said "COULD", then that certainly changes things.

I never understand some people on here. Anything remotely negative towards the club and they are  instantly on the defensive.

The fact is these two games are going to be our biggest sellers but we have no tickets to sell, there's seems no organisation, there's been no marketing. I'm not even moaning, it's more strange more than anything. Can't say I'm overly bothered if a few floating fans turn up or not. But the club seem to be missing the boat a bit.

I think part of the problem is they don't explain things. The stand went to the wire so wasn't available to make Pompey a test event. Adam Baker made it seem as though it was ready and they lower parts had to sell out for the upper tier to open. If things haven't gone as quickly as planned then things can change. If the club could come out and explain exactly the position it would stop a lot of people getting their head up their asses  about it. 

It's unfortunate  that the two biggest games come so early, with luck we may have some big games later in the season ,  for the right reasons of course.

• Like many fans , I suspect , I tried to buy a couple of tickets today on line for family friends who want to see the Newcastle match. This forum has said there were only single tickets available which would have been perfect. The website as everybody says is not user friendly and I had to reset my sign in password for some reason . Then after some effort ,get to a page which says SOLD OUT even though we have single seats left and potentially 4,000 seats in the Upper Tier. No news on the website re West Stand Upper Tier opening whatsoever. Why, a week after the opening match and 10 days since the SAG initial inspection, have we not been updated on the opening of the Upper Tier?
  • Communication with fans is not good enough and we are not maximising the interest generated by our fast start to the season and our new ground. Hopefully will hear tomorrow positive news on the Upper Tier West Stand and if any tickets are left by Friday, announce that POTD is availiable. Love to see 27,000 at the Gate for this match. With the right marketing, believe this could happen ,generating a fantastic atmosphere and additional revenue. Maybe encourage first time and occasional fans to come more often too !
  • Have said before and agree with a previous poster , the nonsense of not giving all of the Atyeo to away fans is an opportunity missed by the Club .Maximising additional revenue, another 2,000 Geordies for example. Also fills up the other 3 sides  with our fans, creating a situation where it would be necessary to open up the Upper Tier  on many more occasions. POTD for any seats left becomes an option for most of our home games then  helping many fans who want to pick and chose their matches avoid the nightmare of booking on line or using the telephone call centre to  buy tickets in advance.

We need to be making it easy for ALL fans to buy tickets -not creating barriers. Bristol Sport is not helping the Club to do this and it needs to be sorted out by the commercial team ASAP.

Archived